Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Randy,

I did not try any lighter fluid ( running 5k ). My opinion was the dall diff allowed for less wheelspin due to the lower traction. When the traction was little bit better, the car got off the corner better with the gear diff.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Randy- the Gear diff has no slip when compared to the ball diff. I went to the ball diff when it felt like the rear end of the car was washing out and it certainly made a big difference. The gear diff works better in high bite or at least medium bite when you aren't struggling for bite and you can afford to have the car launch of the corner with no slip.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

yeah Butter, I agree about the traction coming up like crazy! I couldn't believe that. I got used to the car not having much then the main had a lot more!

I also noticed my front wheels moving around a lot when I was coming through the sweeper on the 3rd qualifier. When I got done marshalling I took the car over to the pits and my servo saver nut was loose. Put some threadlock on it and tightened it up and my steering improved dramatically....go figure
Old 03-10-2008, 02:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Randy Caster,

Congrats on the new ride... how come I had to come onto the internet and find out two days later instead of being told in the hallway or the kitchen or something?
haha, honestly, when was the last day I saw you?? Our work schedules are like the exact opposite times right now.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by XACDesigns
yeah Butter, I agree about the traction coming up like crazy! I couldn't believe that. I got used to the car not having much then the main had a lot more!

I also noticed my front wheels moving around a lot when I was coming through the sweeper on the 3rd qualifier. When I got done marshalling I took the car over to the pits and my servo saver nut was loose. Put some threadlock on it and tightened it up and my steering improved dramatically....go figure

Yeah I had that happen and Tim had told me to put some thread lock on it....problem solved!!

Randy and Weiss share living space? Oh boy....hey Randy has Steve let you use his Atlatl? LMAO!!
Old 03-10-2008, 02:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Randy,

I did not try any lighter fluid ( running 5k ). My opinion was the dall diff allowed for less wheelspin due to the lower traction. When the traction was little bit better, the car got off the corner better with the gear diff.
I guess I've never run a gear diff in a TC, so I don't really know how the feel will be. I figured it would always be better to have more straightline acceleration but I can see where the slip of a ball diff would help on the track conditions you guys raced on..
Old 03-10-2008, 02:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Yeah I had that happen and Tim had told me to put some thread lock on it....problem solved!!

Randy and Weiss share living space? Oh boy....hey Randy has Steve let you use his Atlatl? LMAO!!
It's the Numan, Weiss, Caster house.. I don't think I've heard the Atlatl story??
Old 03-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Wow, sounds like you guys are married....

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
haha, honestly, when was the last day I saw you?? Our work schedules are like the exact opposite times right now.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
It's the Numan, Weiss, Caster house.. I don't think I've heard the Atlatl story??
One of many you haven't heard i'm sure!! LOL!!! Give me call later on my cell..
Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Just got back home, gonna head to the jacuzzi for a while, but I'll hit you up tomorrow rather than calling at 1am your time, lol.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi guys, u guys race use ib4600 battery ????
any complain for this battery so far ??
Old 03-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I finally had a look at this car on the weekend.
Looks nice and it certainly appeared to be working quite nicely for its owner, however my big concern is it is apparently quite brittle from all reports.

Belts, dog bones and CV's seem to be far too easy to break. The 400 running on the weekend dropped or snapped a pin that holds the cv together and apparently the rear belts are breaking all over the place.

Are these concerns being addressed as I really do like the over all design of this car.

Also what is the wrenching like on this car, is it easy to change spurs, diffs and pinions etc, say like the Mi3? and with the 17.5 brushless motors requiring 50-60mm roll out will this car accommodate the spur/pinion combinations that would be required?

Thanks

Aaron
Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Aaron,

From talking with Paolo, the things the team drivers have discussed with him are being addressed in Holland. As far as the belts are concerned, this seems to be directly related to the Gear Diffs in high traction situations, turning your brakes down, and running the belt tight helps a bunch (again they are working on a solution for this too).

The car is relatively easy to wrench on, spur gear changes are not the same as the Mi3, but are the same as the current crop of cars that are configured similar. I can say I have run my FDR down to about 4.5, and there was room for more....
Old 03-11-2008, 07:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by kschu
hi guys, u guys race use ib4600 battery ????
any complain for this battery so far ??
Orion 4200SHO Great runtime, serious punch, and most importantly no bad cells...
Old 03-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Aaron,

adding to what Tim posted. The issues you have pointed out have been addressed and improvements have been made on both materials and design. The CVD pins is an issue that happens to most cars using that design. A simple solution that I use is to file a flat spot on the pin and be sure to use thread lock. That will solve that problem. As for the belts, a new material has been used for the next batch of belts that seems to greatly help with this issue will be released soon.

It's a work in progress as this is Serpent's first attempt at an electric anything and the factory is really listening to our input so the improvements that have to be made to the car to make it better are already under way.

There should be a few new parts released end of April beginning of May that will be real nice!!

Butter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.