R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-18-2008, 08:20 AM   #1366
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

[QUOTE=kschu;4267063]thanks bro rhoby for ur infos, i'm orderin 2 pack ib4600.. hopefully it's arrive b4 my race this coming friday...u r using orion lipo 3600 on d s400 ??? it's fit perfectly??[QUOTE]

I'd still try the Orion 4200SHO batteries, look at the recent race results, Andy Moore winning the IIC 1/12 class, Teemu Leinu won the snowbirds 1/12 class and the TITC sedan class. They still have plenty of runtime left at the end of a mod sedan or 1/12 run. I only recommend them because I know they are as good as I'm saying...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #1367
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
Hey guys here is my setup from the last F.S.E.A.R.A race here in Florida.

Butter
Hey Butter, have any of you guys run the 5 cell chassis?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:27 AM   #1368
Tech Elite

I have a 5 cell plate here, anything you need to know that i could tell?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #1369
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Randy- I haven't tried the 5 cell yet. I hope to try one in the next few weeks... or you can try it and let me know!!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #1370
Tech Prophet

I'm going to run it this Saturday, I think I should have a really good starting setup. I have a feeling that it will be a little tricky to get the perfect setup but when I land it, the car should have a ton of steering...
Old 03-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #1371
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK.hardcore View Post
I have a 5 cell plate here, anything you need to know that i could tell?
lol, I think you need more than just the plate to answer some of the questions I have
Old 03-18-2008, 08:47 AM   #1372
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
I'm going to run it this Saturday, I think I should have a really good starting setup. I have a feeling that it will be a little tricky to get the perfect setup but when I land it, the car should have a ton of steering...
Nothing tricky about the car!!! Its very simple and easy to get dialed fast...very forgiving and very versatile----you'll see

I'm sure you'll try front overdrive, though; it's a Randy Caster thing...
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #1373
Tech Elite

Quote:
lol, I think you need more than just the plate to answer some of the questions I have
True, altough it could been a question about dimensions. ( that sounds nasty )
Old 03-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #1374
Tech Prophet

lol, I already know how to get the car overdriven, it didn't take me too long to figure it out. Honestly though with the cells that far back, the car should be super aggressive going into the corners without having to overdrive it and risk overheating the tires.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #1375
Tech Elite

Cool

Quote:
Randy- I haven't tried the 5 cell yet. I hope to try one in the next few weeks... or you can try it and let me know!!
Felix Law tested the S400 this past Sunday at the Coral Springs track...he called me later to tell me all about it...after going thru set up with him, he realized he made a mistake by using orange rear springs, and yellow fronts I told him to change that and he'll be testing it Wedesday at CS and MDI---Look out
Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #1376
Tech Elite

Quote:
lol, I already know how to get the car overdriven, it didn't take me too long to figure it out. Honestly though with the cells that far back, the car should be super aggressive going into the corners without having to overdrive it and risk overheating the tires.
I knew it!!!!

Once you get the set up down, you'll see how aggressive it is and how quick it just rockets out of corners...its a beast
Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #1377
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Felix Law tested the S400 this past Sunday at the Coral Springs track...he called me later to tell me all about it...after going thru set up with him, he realized he made a mistake by using orange rear springs, and yellow fronts I told him to change that and he'll be testing it Wedesday at CS and MDI---Look out
Yeah stiffer springs don't seem to work to hot on the rear...LOL!!! What was that little ninja thinking? See you guys tomorrow.

Randy- make sure to try moving the arms full back both front and rear and then rear only. (4mm shim) Let me know what you think.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:00 AM   #1378
Tech Elite

I'm very close to picking another S400 up...but with my 23mm high Lipos, I dont want to dremmel the pretty bulkheads down...

Serpent: Please make us higher bulkheads so we can fit 4800-5000mah lipos in the car
Old 03-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #1379
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yeah stiffer springs don't seem to work to hot on the rear...LOL!!! What was that little ninja thinking? See you guys tomorrow.

Randy- make sure to try moving the arms full back both front and rear and then rear only. (4mm shim) Let me know what you think.
Rookie mistake...he just thought the Orange were the softer ones...he said ..."the car was really stable and easy to drive, but had a bit of oversteer"...after clearing up the spring situation he said..."ahhhhhh das wy!!"

Butter: about front wheel base...I remember experimenting moving front wheel base full back, and the car's drive shaft angle was increased, which caused chatter with the spool, and seems so put them at more volnurable position, making them easier to break even mild hits to front wheels.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:07 AM   #1380
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
I knew it!!!!

Once you get the set up down, you'll see how aggressive it is and how quick it just rockets out of corners...its a beast
Ever since the Losi cars that had overdrive as a kit option, I've just been used to running with it, at the Reedy Race I think I picked up 3/10ths by going from normal ratio to overdrive, but it seems like it really only works for me, lol. Everyone else that tried it on the Schumacher car seemed to overheat the tires.