R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #1291
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Welcome Randy...

The car is getting better each run, The traction is REALLY inconsistant and low.... I took the gear diff out of my car for tomrrow's 3 runs. Mikes car looked awesome after the last round today, so he should be set for the mains.

Cold ( for Florida), in the 40's and more wind for tomorrow......
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #1292
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Glad to hear the cars are working well despite the track conditions. Hopefully you guys can get them better for tomorrow, I'll be interested to see what the setups look like after the race.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #1293
Tech Regular

Welcome to the TEAM Randy Best of luck w/your new ride!!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:08 AM   #1294
Tech Prophet

Thanks! Cant wait to get the car on the track.

We have an outdoor race out here on the 22'nd that should get a pretty good turnout, it's the first time this track has run at night and I'm thinking that if the track cools down enough we're gonna have a ton of traction, might have to worry about traction rolling, so it will be interesting.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #1295
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
What's up guys, excited to say that I've made the switch over to Serpent USA to run the S400 and the new S120.
you sick fool.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #1296
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaball View Post
you sick fool.
Nobody's sicker. lol
Old 03-09-2008, 06:28 PM   #1297
Tech Master

Randy

Where in Costa Mesa, or OC Do you Run at?
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #1298
Tech Prophet

Generally just at Bending Cornerz, or the OC Circuit very rarely. I'll be making a few trips up to Speedworld before May though, so I won't be racing down here too much..
Old 03-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #1299
Tech Master

Driving down to Murietta!! Moved out of OC Couple years ago and out of state. What happened to SoCal( House of B.Kinwald)? I heard they closed.
Geezatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #1300
Tech Prophet

SoCal basically just kept getting less and less attendance, and finally had to close the doors. There is a new indoor track opening in Huntington Beach but off-road only, and they are still waiting on the final permits from what I understand..

Kinwald moved to Tucson, AZ and races at Competition Hobbies constantly now, seems like he's definately happy there.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:57 AM   #1301
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to XACDesigns

My S400 did great at the Florida State race this weekend. I definitely love this car on asphalt...way better than my old Xray!

Big thanks go out to Butter and Tim Potter for all the advice this weekend!
XACDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #1302
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XACDesigns View Post
My S400 did great at the Florida State race this weekend. I definitely love this car on asphalt...way better than my old Xray!

Big thanks go out to Butter and Tim Potter for all the advice this weekend!

George,

glad to be of help..anytime you have any questions or need setup help please come over and ask ANYTIME!!!

I learned alot of things about the car this weekend which will certainly help in the next few races to come. I chased a loose track all weekend and just when I thought I had it figured out...the bite comes up 200%!!

Now, as for the weekend, I got the car pretty good, was qualified 2nd in 13.5 and I think 6th or 7th (not so good..LOL) in 10.5

In 13.5 I got the holeshot on the TQ and lead the race before the first dot..led for 5 laps and had a tire come unglued. THE END. LOL!!!

In 10.5 I was in the back of the pack and right after crossing the bridge for the first lap was taken out after having moved up to 5th and was now 10th. The car was good in 10.5 as I just continued to drive and could see the lead pack getting closer. In the end I managed to get the car on the podium with a 3rd place finish.

Good showing for Serpent once again as George (XAC Designs) made the big show in 13.5 and Tim Potter was top 5 in Modified.

I'll post my set-up for a medium bite track this evening. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask away!!

Butter
Old 03-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #1303
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Was a learning weekend for sure. In mod, I liked the ball diff better in the low traction. The track really came around before my 2 last runs, and I was so far dialled in for the low traction, I just never made enough changes to get it back to where it needed to be. I had a good 3rd place car ( behind Tosolini and Wynn), but too little too late...

Like Butter said, his car was really good, He was little down on power in the 13.5 class, but still got a nice jump at the tone and lead the first minute or so. If it were not for the tire, he would have had a legit shot at the win.

Good run George...
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #1304
Tech Prophet

I'm surprized to hear that the ball diff worked better in the low bite conditions, kinda figured that the extra weight of the gear diff would make the car easier to drive.. Did you run it tight or loose with your setup?
Old 03-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #1305
The Evicerator

Randy Caster,

Congrats on the new ride... how come I had to come onto the internet and find out two days later instead of being told in the hallway or the kitchen or something?