R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #1081
Tech Adept
 
BigTrucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 117
Default

I race rubber tires with Racer Z he is running 3mm of droop front and rear, and sets his droop with the blocks. I am running 2mm droop in the front and 3 mm in the rear, I set mine with out the blocks.
What rubber tires are you running. I am running Jaco 24's and Jaco 28's, I have not tried them yet but Racer Z runs Sorex 24's and said they were better. Do you run a spool, diff or oneway up front.
__________________
Team Driver For

Team Epic , Team Catch Me
BigTrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #1082
Tech Adept
 
Gergely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Posts: 106
Default

I would increase downstop / decrease droop on carpet. I start with 5mm Front and Rear, measuring with Serpent #1466 and #1467 at the point where setup sheet shows. In the front it could be difficult to measure if you are using a tool with shorter steps. This case you can try to do under the front outer pivot pin fixing grubscrew in the C-hub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammincrtjames View Post
How much droop would you run on carpet with rubber tires? Assuming you measure with blocks.
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #1083
Tech Fanatic
 
jammincrtjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTrucks View Post
I race rubber tires with Racer Z he is running 3mm of droop front and rear, and sets his droop with the blocks. I am running 2mm droop in the front and 3 mm in the rear, I set mine with out the blocks.
What rubber tires are you running. I am running Jaco 24's and Jaco 28's, I have not tried them yet but Racer Z runs Sorex 24's and said they were better. Do you run a spool, diff or oneway up front.
I am running the Jaco greens with the spool. I would like to try and get a front diff if they ever get them in stock. What do you think of the gear diff?
__________________
NEXUS RACING www.nexusracing.com | FANTOM RACING www.fantomracing.com
ORCA www.orcarc.com | TURTLE TRAX / www.turtletraxraceway.com
--------------------------------------------------
"If you're not first...you're last!"
jammincrtjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:20 AM   #1084
Tech Addict
 
RevMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cebu
Posts: 687
Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx
Default

hey guys, do any of you know if an '08 version will be released for the S400? much like its nitro counter-parts (720 '08) with bundled upgrades?
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #1085
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
hey guys, do any of you know if an '08 version will be released for the S400? much like its nitro counter-parts (720 '08) with bundled upgrades?
not have !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:17 PM   #1086
Tech Adept
 
jo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 125
Default

RevMaxx, there is no 08 version that im aware of. The nitro side develops differently to the electric side of things at Serpent I believe.
__________________
Sponsored by SerpentUK, ModelTech & MTroniks

S400 / MTroniks IP6 / Team Brood / KO Propo = Loads of fun
jo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #1087
Tech Addict
 
trickd122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default S-400

What are the "breakables" for this car?
trickd122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM   #1088
Tech Fanatic
 
Tommy Bergfeldt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 979
Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt
Default

The only things i've broken on "regular basis" so far is front CVD bones and rear belts.
The suspension plastics is pretty solid, but i would always have one of each just in case..
If running the spool up front you should also stock up on some outdrives, since they wear out after some time.
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #1089
Tech Adept
 
pardypooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in someones garden
Posts: 218
Thumbs up

I've just switched from an xray 007 to athe S400, took it for a run at one of our outdoor tracks and have to say I'm very impressed with this car, even with very old batteries my times were beter than with the xray. I was so impressed I bought another one.

Happy racing to you all.
Paul
pardypooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #1090
Tech Fanatic
 
jammincrtjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Why is it that knowbody has the 4 degree c-hubs? Also. Which will give the most steering...2 or 6 degree?
__________________
NEXUS RACING www.nexusracing.com | FANTOM RACING www.fantomracing.com
ORCA www.orcarc.com | TURTLE TRAX / www.turtletraxraceway.com
--------------------------------------------------
"If you're not first...you're last!"
jammincrtjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:34 PM   #1091
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammincrtjames View Post
Why is it that knowbody has the 4 degree c-hubs? Also. Which will give the most steering...2 or 6 degree?
unknow why not have arrive !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #1092
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammincrtjames View Post
Why is it that knowbody has the 4 degree c-hubs? Also. Which will give the most steering...2 or 6 degree?
car kits come with 3 c-hub....2,4,6

d most steering is 6deg c-hub....
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:32 PM   #1093
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx View Post
The only things i've broken on "regular basis" so far is front CVD bones and rear belts.
The suspension plastics is pretty solid, but i would always have one of each just in case..
If running the spool up front you should also stock up on some outdrives, since they wear out after some time.
try put many transmission grease in d outdrive cup, this can delay d wear out .......
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #1094
Tech Regular
 
XACDesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to XACDesigns
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pardypooper View Post
I've just switched from an xray 007 to athe S400, took it for a run at one of our outdoor tracks and have to say I'm very impressed with this car, even with very old batteries my times were beter than with the xray. I was so impressed I bought another one.

Happy racing to you all.
Paul
I am in complete agreement!
XACDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 06:56 PM   #1095
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,964
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Guess whats sitting on MY pit table?!









RacerZ... you da MAN!!
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Touring Car? Mi3 or Serpent S400 SocialRC12 Electric On-Road 16 08-11-2009 12:04 PM
Serpent S400 Electric Touring Car yyhayyim R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 11-07-2007 06:08 PM
Serpent S400 EP Touring Car CheeYong Malaysian R/C Racers 54 11-05-2007 05:57 AM
SERPENT S400 TOURING ELECTRIC CAR Team Kamikaze Electric On-Road 4 08-30-2007 06:38 PM
New Serpent S400 EP 1/10 Touring Car!!!!! Roniel_R Electric On-Road 3 05-26-2007 06:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:36 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net