R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-10-2007, 12:27 AM   #571
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

HK have many customer have this problem,
the rear upper bulkhead easy to broke !
same first lot HB Cyclone case !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:19 AM   #572
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Losi XXX-CR
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
hi, im thinking bout getting one of these cars .
couple of questons.

do yokomo springs fit ?
will rw spur gears fit?
is there a website that i can download a gear chart for this car?

thanks mark.
www.gearchart.com offers a gear chart for the S400.

Craig
__________________
Ya gotta love it!
Losi 8ight T ...on the way!!
Airtronics
LRP Electronics
C.Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:41 AM   #573
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Lund, Sweden
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Already with personal AMB?
And how about with rubber, i guess weight almost 1490-1500, isn't it?
It´s even worse, rubbers adds atleast 100g over foam tires + atleast 50g for brushless. Niclas Nilssons car weighted 1500g in vegas with 5 cells which is "only" 150g over efra minimum weight... Regarding the weight of the 415, my mre comes in at 1385g, (5 cell brushless, rubber, without lwt body or low profíle servo (-25g)). My old school 415 comes in at 1430g with the same equipment.
Mr_Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:53 AM   #574
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Orange View Post
It´s even worse, rubbers adds atleast 100g over foam tires + atleast 50g for brushless. Niclas Nilssons car weighted 1500g in vegas with 5 cells which is "only" 150g over efra minimum weight... Regarding the weight of the 415, my mre comes in at 1385g, (5 cell brushless, rubber, without lwt body or low profíle servo (-25g)). My old school 415 comes in at 1430g with the same equipment.
That's why i am always confused with these low cost scales on the market. Due my MRE equipped with 6cells, rubber tyres, KO esc and 2413 servo only weighed 1470 on my kitchen scale.
Then I am not sure which one are right, that's of IIC or mine.
So i still wonder if anybody could make a comparison with S400 and other car with same equipment to make only a research with the chassis.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #575
Tech Regular
 
Holmenkollen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 444
Default

I´ve checked around and it seems that a standard Serpent weighs around 1440 in box trim without lightweight stuff (5-cell rubber, brushless). A Serpent driver competing in a race last weekend here in Sweden had his car allegedly down to 1380 g.
__________________
Xray - Hobbywing - Graupner
Holmenkollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:20 AM   #576
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
That's why i am always confused with these low cost scales on the market. Due my MRE equipped with 6cells, rubber tyres, KO esc and 2413 servo only weighed 1470 on my kitchen scale.
Then I am not sure which one are right, that's of IIC or mine.
So i still wonder if anybody could make a comparison with S400 and other car with same equipment to make only a research with the chassis.
The only scales that are right are the ones being used to weigh the car at a meeting... simple rule to live by

Using different scales to measure the difference in car weight is useless, mainly as there are too many variables. You can only really compare a weight difference using your own kit.

Regards
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #577
Tech Addict
 
Nathan Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
That's why i am always confused with these low cost scales on the market. Due my MRE equipped with 6cells, rubber tyres, KO esc and 2413 servo only weighed 1470 on my kitchen scale.
Then I am not sure which one are right, that's of IIC or mine.
So i still wonder if anybody could make a comparison with S400 and other car with same equipment to make only a research with the chassis.
Kitchen scales are for weighing food
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 AM   #578
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwoods View Post
hi, im thinking bout getting one of these cars .
couple of questons.

do yokomo springs fit ?
will rw spur gears fit?
is there a website that i can download a gear chart for this car?

thanks mark.
old type have color spring fit !
23mm
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #579
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
The only scales that are right are the ones being used to weigh the car at a meeting... simple rule to live by

Using different scales to measure the difference in car weight is useless, mainly as there are too many variables. You can only really compare a weight difference using your own kit.

Regards
Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Parker View Post
Kitchen scales are for weighing food
Yeah, but i couldn't find another instead of that in my town's stationer.
Honestly, i bought it in 2 years ago with around 30 USD.
Anyway, could anybody explain why did Serpent have release S400 with
35t diff/16t center pulleys but not like trf416, 37T/18T?
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:05 AM   #580
Tech Addict
 
Nathan Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Yeah, but i couldn't find another instead of that in my town's stationer.
Honestly, i bought it in 2 years ago with around 30 USD.
Anyway, could anybody explain why did Serpent have release S400 with
35t diff/16t center pulleys but not like trf416, 37T/18T?
Im joking with you man

As Team ED Special Rc Tool Said the only scales you really need to worry about are the ones at the track you are racing at.


On the pully note I guess thats becasue the serpent was designed before the 416 and no doubt as the cyclone now has new pulleys serpent may well do the same.
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:36 AM   #581
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Parker View Post
Im joking with you man

As Team ED Special Rc Tool Said the only scales you really need to worry about are the ones at the track you are racing at.


On the pully note I guess thats becasue the serpent was designed before the 416 and no doubt as the cyclone now has new pulleys serpent may well do the same.
Isn't in the European champs. TRF drivers were using 37T of 501x on MSXX.
And Cyclone WCEhave ve been released in late of 2006, why did not copy from them already?
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:28 PM   #582
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: england
Posts: 304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
old type have color spring fit !
23mm
thanks ive got the pro yokomo springs (all white ones) so i take they will fit
mwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:19 AM   #583
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Took the car for a spin last night at the beatiful MDI track in Royal Palm Beach, FL. Traction was high and the track was clean. Great Job by Tim Potter- his S400 was amazing. My friend's Yok BD was traction rolling!

I'm planning on using the a Yok BD rear diff on my S400. Anyone try Yokomo BD diff on rear for the S400? Can someone please explain what was done to get the Yok BD diff to work on the S400? Details, please...The Yok Bd pulleys are like 40 teeth, serpent is much less...so which pulley can i use with the Yoke BD that's the same as the S400...

Last edited by yyhayyim; 10-11-2007 at 08:15 AM.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:35 AM   #584
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: STOKE-ON-TRENT, UK
Posts: 134
Send a message via MSN to Grindog001
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post

Anyone try Yokomo BD diff on the S400. I have been told that it has been running it on the S400 and its working nicely. Can someone please explain what was did to get the Yok BD diff to work on the S400? Details, please...
i have done this. i used the bd rear diff with tamiya pulley and diff balls. it went in but needed shimming quite alot. i felt that the car lost alot of steering for doing this and went back to the spool.

Last edited by TimPotter; 10-11-2007 at 08:08 AM.
Grindog001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:22 AM   #585
Tech Elite
 
yyhayyim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 3,424
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I'm looking to try it on the rear...have you tried a rear Yok BD diff on teh rear of the S400? Anyone? Shims needed? Tamiya TRF 415 pulleys? thanks..

Last edited by yyhayyim; 10-11-2007 at 08:48 AM.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Touring Car? Mi3 or Serpent S400 SocialRC12 Electric On-Road 16 08-11-2009 12:04 PM
Serpent S400 Electric Touring Car yyhayyim R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 11-07-2007 06:08 PM
Serpent S400 EP Touring Car CheeYong Malaysian R/C Racers 54 11-05-2007 05:57 AM
SERPENT S400 TOURING ELECTRIC CAR Team Kamikaze Electric On-Road 4 08-30-2007 06:38 PM
New Serpent S400 EP 1/10 Touring Car!!!!! Roniel_R Electric On-Road 3 05-26-2007 06:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:03 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net