R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-30-2007, 02:33 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Team I really think got passed up fast was AE, the TC4 was basically a TC3 with a few tweaks, they then got passed up quickly by Tamiya, XRay, Corally, etc.. now they are playing catch-up. I am sure the few die hard AE fans out there will be buying up the TC5 (especially after the showing at Reedy) but my veiw is also one sided because of the problems I have had with AE in the past. Is this Serpents first attempt at the Electric TC market? If so I can understand why they went with a "safe" design.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:45 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to olhipster1
Default Serpent

It's funny how everyone mention cars are all alike...
my question to that ....if that is so...then why do certain cars work better in certain conditions and within certain parameters....if they are all the same beast then they all should work at all tracks and all weather types..and whatever else you can apply to that list.

think one of the guys on the AE thread mention it this way..(roughly transl)
car has 4 wheels, yes
car has belts, yes.
car has bulk heads, yes
car has steering, yes
hmm...guess that is what makes it a car right?

I've seen this car run and it was rather even and well balanced tons of potential.

some people who have commented...hated the current car they are running...and absolutely were convinced the prior car was ton better...but yet they went back to a newer version....hmm..go figure..why...

I will definetely will like to see this car run up against the rest of the current car stable during carpet season.

I will agree with some views....a lot of it comes down to durability, tunability (and how it effectively reacts to it), distributor support, and Manuf support as well as team driver support...i think this car has a very good chance at becoming a top dog in the market.

It's another option for a racer and that's it...If you ya have trouble dealing the privilege of having options in this hobby then go slot car race or build little houses with a playing cards...

just my neutral 2 cents on this..
if you get all itchy..oh well....go get some Pep H...that should keep ya happy....

Last edited by olhipster1; 05-30-2007 at 04:56 PM.
olhipster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:17 PM   #33
Suspended

I STILL WANT TO SEE PICS OF THE CAR FROM THE REEDY RACE....
MERCCER4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:27 PM   #34
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCCER4LIFE
im sure it looks just like this one
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=233471
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #35
Tech Master

Well I think these coversations and the support for the new S400 are awesome. The Sedan market is good to showcase the talents of designers and what their tweek on racing electric really is. Rene Cornella was given a really large task. It was to design a new 190mm sedan car that was competitve and would sell. All the guys who design cars from AE's Bob Stellflue to Jury Hudy to Rene Cornella are all Engineers that are torn between designing a Master piece and making something that can be produced with-in a budget.

Well the car runs really, really good on rubber tires. I ran the proto-type at the snowbirds and the car really was fast. I also ran it at our State race in Jan. and it was also extremly good. What i found with the car is how easy it was to drive. It was really easy to work on with the adjustments made in one or two minutes. The shocks are of a high qaulity and everything has been made smaller to lighten up the car and lower the CG's. I have not received the production version of the S400 but I cant wait till I get mine.
rangulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:35 PM   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangulo
Well I think these coversations and the support for the new S400 are awesome. The Sedan market is good to showcase the talents of designers and what their tweek on racing electric really is. Rene Cornella was given a really large task. It was to design a new 190mm sedan car that was competitve and would sell. All the guys who design cars from AE's Bob Stellflue to Jury Hudy to Rene Cornella are all Engineers that are torn between designing a Master piece and making something that can be produced with-in a budget.

Well the car runs really, really good on rubber tires. I ran the proto-type at the snowbirds and the car really was fast. I also ran it at our State race in Jan. and it was also extremly good. What i found with the car is how easy it was to drive. It was really easy to work on with the adjustments made in one or two minutes. The shocks are of a high qaulity and everything has been made smaller to lighten up the car and lower the CG's. I have not received the production version of the S400 but I cant wait till I get mine.
hey rafael maybe you can post pics of your prototype
Old 05-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to tomcat01 Send a message via AIM to tomcat01 Send a message via Skype™ to tomcat01
Smile

I am sure most of you that looked the older thread looked at these but here they are. This is cuff's car at the carpet wars. the photo blow is one of the frist runs on they car.

tomcat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:16 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCCER4LIFE
Dude you dont need to shout, if someone has them I am sure they will share them, relax
Old 05-30-2007, 04:17 PM   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B
Dude you dont need to shout, if someone has them I am sure they will share them, relax
no kidding
Old 05-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #40
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wow Serpent 415 Marc Rhienhard Edition... oops sry I meant Serpent 400 Micheal Salven Edition

Racing since the 20th century
Toughbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #41
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
no kidding
Hey Marcos, you coming up here in July for the Nats? If so what will you be running? I will probably be working at the counter or just be a spectator, if I hadn't broke my chassis and ESC at once, I would be driving, next year maybe. Or at the MMR Grand Prix, whenever they decide to run it
Old 05-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to CraigX

If you page back through 7 pages of "Rubber vs. Foam" on the Reedy Race thread you find this pic from Jeff Cuffs

On a side note...do I spy a proto Tekin R1 in there??
Old 05-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #43
Tech Master

It is a good lookin car, even if its the same ole thing, I do like that wide front bumper, for us that drive by brail
Old 05-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #44
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigX
On a side note...do I spy a proto Tekin R1 in there??
I think so, finally we will get to see this ESC. I am getting tired of seeing advertisements for it, I want to try it
Old 05-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats right craig
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400-reedy-race-007.jpg