R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2010, 03:05 PM   #3181
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

usd300 just for design fee..? hmmm, that'll be hard but, maybe if v can organise a group buy here..? if given with good price, i'll take maybe 2 sets of upper n lower decks...
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #3182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstuart View Post
Ive been talking with Mike Rydwell (owner of exotek racing) and he told me that if I could get some s400 drivers together he could design and produce a lipo lower deck for us. This lower deck would be very similar to the one he makes for the tc5, 416 and t3. this also happens to be the same lower deck that took 1st 2nd and 3rd at the reedy race and the same one that christer anderson uses in the ets.

http://exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_NEWS/.../4/12_XR3.html
http://exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_NEWS/.../22_416XL.html
http://exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_NEWS/...6/29_TC5X.html

Ive already sent him a couple chassis so that he could design me a lipo upper deck (the one ive just posted about) and hes told me that he thinks the s400 could really benefit form having more flex.

the design costs would be $300 which I cant cover by myself. - pm me if you are interested or email mike at [email protected]

usd 300, add another usd100 can buy brand new car and with bunch of parts support......
Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #3183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to wstuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
usd 300, add another usd100 can buy brand new car and with bunch of parts support......

Yep - thats a reality that everyone who has been driving this car has had to live with for two years now. Ive tried a 416 and a hot bodies and I can honsetly say that nothing so far is as stable as this car. - Worth it

You are right $300 is alot - thats why im hoping a group of us can go in on it.
Team El Cajon Hobbies
wstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #3184
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to todb

Count me in on the chassis. I could definitely go for one of those. Just keep me in the loop and i will support it in any way possible.
todb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #3185
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by todb View Post
Count me in on the chassis. I could definitely go for one of those. Just keep me in the loop and i will support it in any way possible.
Ok sweet right now its me you and I think Flywheel is in.

I think the way this would work is we would split up the design cost (which at the moment is $100 per person) and then we would buy however many chassis we want individually. Hopefully we can get a few more in and get the design cost per person down even further.
Team El Cajon Hobbies
Old 06-16-2010, 08:00 AM   #3186
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Ok sweet right now its me you and I think Flywheel is in.

I think the way this would work is we would split up the design cost (which at the moment is $100 per person) and then we would buy however many chassis we want individually. Hopefully we can get a few more in and get the design cost per person down even further.
Good idea!!
how many we are?
lucapatrizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #3187
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucapatrizio View Post
Good idea!!
how many we are?

Are you in too?
Team El Cajon Hobbies
Old 06-16-2010, 10:33 AM   #3188
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm in if v get the price low enough... thanks...

I guess if v can get 6 ppl then it'll be fairly good...
Old 06-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #3189
Tech Addict

Quote:
Ive been talking with Mike Rydwell (owner of exotek racing) and he told me that if I could get some s400 drivers together he could design and produce a lipo lower deck for us. This lower deck would be very similar to the one he makes for the tc5, 416 and t3. this also happens to be the same lower deck that took 1st 2nd and 3rd at the reedy race and the same one that christer anderson uses in the ets.

http://exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_NEWS/.../4/12_XR3.html
http://exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_NEWS/.../22_416XL.html
http://exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_NEWS/...6/29_TC5X.html

Ive already sent him a couple chassis so that he could design me a lipo upper deck (the one ive just posted about) and hes told me that he thinks the s400 could really benefit form having more flex.

the design costs would be $300 which I cant cover by myself. - pm me if you are interested or email mike at [email protected]

Getting information re quantities for guys here in AUSTRALIA. If the demand is good then this might be a definite go ahead.

Cheers

Ren
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:31 AM   #3190
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom54 View Post
Getting information re quantities for guys here in AUSTRALIA. If the demand is good then this might be a definite go ahead.

Cheers

Ren

Awesome -

If you guys want the upper deck you can order it right now by emailing mike at exotek at the above email. Its already in production - i ordered 6 myself

For the lower deck we'll try to get a group together and get the money for the design to him. Im not sure how we would to that logistically but im sure we could find a way to account for payments. Mike told me that the turn around for design of the lower chassis would be 6 weeks so even after we pay it wouldnt be an immediate thing
Team El Cajon Hobbies
Old 06-17-2010, 05:34 AM   #3191
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Awesome -

If you guys want the upper deck you can order it right now by emailing mike at exotek at the above email. Its already in production - i ordered 6 myself

For the lower deck we'll try to get a group together and get the money for the design to him. Im not sure how we would to that logistically but im sure we could find a way to account for payments. Mike told me that the turn around for design of the lower chassis would be 6 weeks so even after we pay it wouldnt be an immediate thing
Do you have a design of upper deck and lower deck?

Best regards
lucapatrizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:39 AM   #3192
Tech Elite

Im gonna take this idea from people who do race sign ins on tech threads and make a list that I will update continuously

This will be the list of people who are interested paying to have the S400 exotek chassis developed.

so far I have

1. wstuart
2. flywheel
3.venom54
4. rodb
5.lucapatrizio - ?????are you in? Im not %100 sure from your post?????
6.KweetNiet - pending finding out how much the actual top deck costs

I would like to get at least 10 guys then it would only be $30 a piece for the design fee.

Also just so everyone knows this is only a design fee - this payment would not technically buy you anything, - it would just cover the cost of design -the cost for buying an actually chassis would be in addition to the design fee. I realize this may look super shady but I know mike and have raced with him since he started exotek. Im thinking once we get to 10 ill have mike post on here and then we can come up with a way to collect payment that everyone iwll be comfortable with - try to get the word out to other s400 drivers
Team El Cajon Hobbies

Last edited by wstuart; 06-18-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:44 AM   #3193
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucapatrizio View Post
Do you have a design of upper deck and lower deck?

Best regards

The upper deck has already been designed. I paid the design fee out of my pocket for it ($75) so Exotek could start production.

To get design pics and to place orders for the top deck email exotek at the email I gave in the previous post. Like I said ive already ordered 6 for myself and was told ill get them in a couple weeks

The lower deck (chassis) has not yet been designed (i didnt have $300 to put up myself). If we can get enough guys and pay in Mike can start designing. It would then be at least 6 weeks before we get the chassis
Team El Cajon Hobbies
Old 06-17-2010, 05:48 AM   #3194
Tech Addict

Quote:
Awesome -

Already placed order for top decks from Mike at EXOTEK. Looking forward to these when they arrive.

Have advertised on store website and have huge number of hits re the upper deck. I have included information for the chassis as information as well with good feedback.

Link below for interest.

S400 top deck.

Cheers

Ren
www.rabhobbies.com.au
venom54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:52 AM   #3195
Tech Elite

Nice - im excited to see how they turn out too
Team El Cajon Hobbies