R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #2956
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Granone View Post
I would say Serpent just dropped us on our A$$ with this car. You cannot get plastic for it once the supply runs out. They are doing the same with the 720 line it seems. Anyone know if the HB plastic will work on the car? If not I am done with Serpent and all 3 of my cars are going in the trash.

Pissed off customer.

Mr Granone:

Unfortunenly that isn't serpent decition to discontinue the car. It was the manufacturer that claimed something imposible. For the 720, teh car will be supported at least for about 1.5 years,after the new car or farther if parts are sold. So far, the are parts at Serpent America. In the following weeks more parts wil arrive.
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:53 AM   #2957
Tech Master
 
fly_wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sabah lor
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar Millenium View Post
Mr Granone:

Unfortunenly that isn't serpent decition to discontinue the car. It was the manufacturer that claimed something imposible. For the 720, teh car will be supported at least for about 1.5 years,after the new car or farther if parts are sold. So far, the are parts at Serpent America. In the following weeks more parts wil arrive.
tbh, when i'm done with my spare parts for my s400, i'm done with serpent...

it's a good car... but "manufaturer claim something imposible"..? come on...

i might u put it into my shelves... actually i have prep my car for up coming races... i keep parts worth more than usd500... n i'm running 2 s400... 1 for practise n i for race... so u might guess how much have i spend... i can easily afford another kit too... but i've been loving serpent since the GP car...

bye bye 733... just cancelled my order...
__________________
There are more in racing than winning.
fly_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:17 AM   #2958
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 364
Default

Flywheel:

Serpent learned a lot from this. The no only loss the S400, the F180 was also make by this manufacturer. Now parts are done with differents manufactures and kits come together in house. This helps in case one manufacturer give problems they simple just look for some one that can make that part and supply continue.

I am pretty sure that you will not be dissapointed with the 733.

For those looking for spare parts that can fit. Somebody told once that there is Tamiya car that fit parts.
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 AM   #2959
Tech Master
 
fly_wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sabah lor
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

since 3 Racing can produces whole HB cyclone parts, tamiya, Losi, etc, square produce tons of yokomo n tamiya parts, n many many more... y can't serpent get someone else to make them parts..? can u give me the CAD drawing of all the parts..? i only understand that plastic parts r a bit harder to make... plastic mold injection..? well, it can still be done...

nah, just relieving some griefs... it's not ur fault, it's "serpent" problems...


alternative parts for serpent s400

rear ball diff outdrives (cups)
Yokomo bd rear diff outdrives with
- Yokomo outdrives with rings
- Yokomo diff screws, spring and nut set
- Yokomo diff plate
- Yokomo trust bearing set

center 16T pulley
HB cyclone 16T or Tamiya 16T center pulley

rear ball diff pulley
Tamiya TRF415 35T rear ball diff pulley

cvd
Tamiya 46mm or 48mm cvd with
- Tamiya CVD insert

belts
Tamiya TRF415

axles
Tamiya TRF415

FRONT SPOOL OR ONE WAY..?
has anyone tried TRF415 unit with their 3 holes 35T pulley..?


anyone have this 1 piece upper deck..? it is design by V-dezign... this is their last upper deck design for S400... mind to scan (or CAD file) the top deck n send to me..? i think i can ask someone to make me some...

__________________
There are more in racing than winning.

Last edited by fly_wheel; 07-02-2009 at 05:55 AM.
fly_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:12 AM   #2960
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I don't know if I am the only one breaking/bending them, but my largest concern is not being able to buy rear bulkheads. Can't drive the car without those, and it's less likely to be able to use the parts off another kit.
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:20 AM   #2961
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_wheel View Post
since 3 Racing can produces whole HB cyclone parts, tamiya, Losi, etc, square produce tons of yokomo n tamiya parts, n many many more... y can't serpent get someone else to make them parts..?
Thats what I was thinking. Thanks for posting the list of compatible parts.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #2962
Tech Adept
 
StevenOlsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_wheel View Post
since 3 Racing can produces whole HB cyclone parts, tamiya, Losi, etc, square produce tons of yokomo n tamiya parts, n many many more... y can't serpent get someone else to make them parts..? can u give me the CAD drawing of all the parts..? i only understand that plastic parts r a bit harder to make... plastic mold injection..? well, it can still be done...

nah, just relieving some griefs... it's not ur fault, it's "serpent" problems...


alternative parts for serpent s400

rear ball diff outdrives (cups)
Yokomo bd rear diff outdrives with
- Yokomo outdrives with rings
- Yokomo diff screws, spring and nut set
- Yokomo diff plate
- Yokomo trust bearing set

center 16T pulley
HB cyclone 16T or Tamiya 16T center pulley

rear ball diff pulley
Tamiya TRF415 35T rear ball diff pulley

cvd
Tamiya 46mm or 48mm cvd with
- Tamiya CVD insert

belts
Tamiya TRF415

axles
Tamiya TRF415

FRONT SPOOL OR ONE WAY..?
has anyone tried TRF415 unit with their 3 holes 35T pulley..?


anyone have this 1 piece upper deck..? it is design by V-dezign... this is their last upper deck design for S400... mind to scan (or CAD file) the top deck n send to me..? i think i can ask someone to make me some...

hi everybody

i can add some more part to the list, and also answer the question on the 1-peice upper deck.

you can use xray c-hub and steering block, fits perfekt. (remember to buy the xray aksels)

TAMIYA TB EVO 4 rear uprights (need 5X9X3 bearings) fits perfekt. just remember that they are 2mm lower then the serpent std.

xray belts, they make a 501mm belt and a 180mm belt.

the 1-piece topdeck works very well, it makes the car more stable and it dosnīt tweek that easy.
__________________
Steven Olsen
CAR: Awsomatix A700L.
Nosram 7000 Batteries.
Nosram Comet HD ESC.
Nosram Pure 2 evolution Motor.
StevenOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #2963
Tech Master
 
fly_wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sabah lor
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenOlsen View Post
hi everybody

i can add some more part to the list, and also answer the question on the 1-peice upper deck.

you can use xray c-hub and steering block, fits perfekt. (remember to buy the xray aksels)

TAMIYA TB EVO 4 rear uprights (need 5X9X3 bearings) fits perfekt. just remember that they are 2mm lower then the serpent std.

xray belts, they make a 501mm belt and a 180mm belt.

the 1-piece topdeck works very well, it makes the car more stable and it dosnīt tweek that easy.
StevenOlsen:
mind to scan ur upper deck n send it to me..? i can ask some one to cut me 1 if i can get the actual size picture of it... i'm thinking to make it using 2.0mm carbon plate... should give more flex thus might give more grip in low traction track... V-dezign no longer sell them... or anyone that has CNC machine that can produce the upper deck for us here..? i guess we can make a group order... i'm up for 2 units at least...


M-Technic:
rc-mushroom dot com got them in stock... rear upper bulkhead... i broke mine too before... or u can actually use the front unit for rear too... but u need to add 2.5mm shims to uprights... anyway u can always tune to what u like... front unit r much stronger than ori rear unit...

TFRacing makes some upper deck n lower chasis for S400...
Jaad racing has shock tower...
__________________
There are more in racing than winning.
fly_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:08 AM   #2964
Tech Adept
 
StevenOlsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denmark
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_wheel View Post
StevenOlsen:
mind to scan ur upper deck n send it to me..? i can ask some one to cut me 1 if i can get the actual size picture of it... i'm thinking to make it using 2.0mm carbon plate... should give more flex thus might give more grip in low traction track... V-dezign no longer sell them... or anyone that has CNC machine that can produce the upper deck for us here..? i guess we can make a group order... i'm up for 2 units at least...


M-Technic:
rc-mushroom dot com got them in stock... rear upper bulkhead... i broke mine too before... or u can actually use the front unit for rear too... but u need to add 2.5mm shims to uprights... anyway u can always tune to what u like... front unit r much stronger than ori rear unit...

TFRacing makes some upper deck n lower chasis for S400...
Jaad racing has shock tower...
here is the picture. is it okay?

I have also found more parts that will fit the s400,

tamiya TB EVO 4 suspention arms

Tamiya c-hubs and steering blocks
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400-001.jpg  
__________________
Steven Olsen
CAR: Awsomatix A700L.
Nosram 7000 Batteries.
Nosram Comet HD ESC.
Nosram Pure 2 evolution Motor.
StevenOlsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:57 AM   #2965
Tech Master
 
fly_wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sabah lor
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenOlsen View Post
here is the picture. is it okay?

I have also found more parts that will fit the s400,

tamiya TB EVO 4 suspention arms

Tamiya c-hubs and steering blocks
thank you very very very much for the top deck picture... it's version 2 of the 1 piece top deck... version 3 is slightly different but this is good enough too...

tamiya 416 arms can fit too... but have to use tamiya c-hubs, steering blocks and uprights...
__________________
There are more in racing than winning.
fly_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #2966
Tech Master
 
fly_wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sabah lor
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentamerica View Post
News on the S400

We just got word from the factory, that a solution has being found and that supply for parts is not going to be a problem anymore. Order and shipment is already being arranged in order to have parts available in our warehouse in USA.
We appreciate your comments and support. We felt was fair to let you guys know what was going on even if we know we may have create some inconvenience.

Thanks
anyone selling their gear diffs..?
__________________
There are more in racing than winning.
fly_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:18 AM   #2967
Tech Regular
 
spurgear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinidad
Posts: 291
Send a message via MSN to spurgear
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_wheel View Post
anyone selling their gear diffs..?
Where did u quote them from? I cant find that post anywhere
__________________
Serpent 733 trinirc.com
Novarossi Plus 12-3CT Murnan Modified Full Ceramic Edition
Novarossi EFRA 2630 exhaust with medium header
Futaba 3PK HRS with Digital Servos/ JLR Starter Box
East Civic 200mm
spurgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:25 AM   #2968
Tech Elite
 
M-Technic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,562
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurgear View Post
Where did u quote them from? I cant find that post anywhere
http://www.rctech.net/forum/5154742-post2639.html
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Radiopost | Speed Passion USA | Trinity | P3 Graphics
M-Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 08:36 AM   #2969
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Kleine-Brogel (Belgium)
Posts: 31
Default

Take a look at the date!!
It's dated at the end of 2008.

A week ago I've sent a mail to Serpent concerning the S400-problem. Till now I haven't received an answer from them...

Very professional, I would say!

I've had it with Serpent... my next car will be another Xray again!
boba.slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #2970
Tech Master
 
fly_wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sabah lor
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenOlsen View Post
here is the picture. is it okay?

I have also found more parts that will fit the s400,

tamiya TB EVO 4 suspention arms

Tamiya c-hubs and steering blocks

belts for 36T front/rear pulleys with 18T center pulley..? i'm trying to get tamiya trf416 18T center pulleys with TA05 36T front/rear pulleys... thanks...



Quote:
Originally Posted by spurgear View Post
Where did u quote them from? I cant find that post anywhere
it was an old post by serpent... well, they gave us hope but it's now nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boba.slave View Post
Take a look at the date!!
It's dated at the end of 2008.

A week ago I've sent a mail to Serpent concerning the S400-problem. Till now I haven't received an answer from them...

Very professional, I would say!

I've had it with Serpent... my next car will be another Xray again!
actually xray ain't expensive at all... serpent parts ain't cheap too... i have most parts for me to run it for a year or more... coz i keep a lot pf spares... but i'm not sure which parts will run out of stock before i got to frame up my car... i love it, but i can only keep it (not actually running them as much as i wanted to)...

so for whoever still wish to run this car, i guess we got to share solutions here...


anyone looking for LiPo upper deck made by V-Dezign..? they just reply me, i can make a group purchase if u guys interested... after i got it then i send them out to u guys... anyone..? let me know asap...
__________________
There are more in racing than winning.
fly_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Touring Car? Mi3 or Serpent S400 SocialRC12 Electric On-Road 16 08-11-2009 12:04 PM
Serpent S400 Electric Touring Car yyhayyim R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 11-07-2007 06:08 PM
Serpent S400 EP Touring Car CheeYong Malaysian R/C Racers 54 11-05-2007 05:57 AM
SERPENT S400 TOURING ELECTRIC CAR Team Kamikaze Electric On-Road 4 08-30-2007 06:38 PM
New Serpent S400 EP 1/10 Touring Car!!!!! Roniel_R Electric On-Road 3 05-26-2007 06:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:52 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net