R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-21-2009, 08:21 AM   #2941
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

maybe new car next year but juz hope they will produce parts for current car...
Old 06-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #2942
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_wheel View Post
maybe new car next year but juz hope they will produce parts for current car...
I would say Serpent just dropped us on our A$$ with this car. You cannot get plastic for it once the supply runs out. They are doing the same with the 720 line it seems. Anyone know if the HB plastic will work on the car? If not I am done with Serpent and all 3 of my cars are going in the trash.

Pissed off customer.
Mr Granone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #2943
Tech Adept

I still got quite a lot of spares for sale

as I no longer run the s400

will list them shortly

Paul
Titanium Racing
Boultspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #2944
Tech Apprentice

I'm only pissed off that they didn't do it sooner. Atleast now they admitted it and no one will go buy the car thinking its not discontinued.

I doubt they will stop making parts for the 720 even tho the 733 is here. I think they are going back to what they're good at and thats nitro cars. After the financial problems they had this is no time to over stretch. Just IMHO.
Storm_PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #2945
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm_PT View Post
I'm only pissed off that they didn't do it sooner. Atleast now they admitted it and no one will go buy the car thinking its not discontinued.

I doubt they will stop making parts for the 720 even tho the 733 is here. I think they are going back to what they're good at and thats nitro cars. After the financial problems they had this is no time to over stretch. Just IMHO.
I would agree they are going back to Nitro. The only reason I say the 720 is going away is the lack of parts. They are doing the same thing to it they did to the S400. Right now you cannot by 30% of the plastic for the car. Again just looking at what they did to the S400, impact gen2... As for the future for me I just put my S400 in the trash along with my S120 and 720 '08. My new Xrays will be here next week. Bye to all the you Snake fans. You have been very supportive even if the company has not.

Still PO'ed customer
Old 06-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #2946
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm_PT View Post

Where did they admit they aren't supporting the car anymore?

I just keep see them posting that they are still supporting it but are having supply issues.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:33 AM   #2947
Tech Master

parts for 720 will continue... parts for s400, no idea... recently, it seems like shortage for rear gear diff (wondering if they will produce it anymore) is the only shortage... i can get most of the parts again... belts, arms, c-hub, pulleys (front, center n rear ball diff) r all in stock... but things like rear ball diff outdrives n shock tower holders r no wher seen...

most of racers have gone to tamiya or yokomo... i like serpent... but i really hope they will like us too as return...

problems with s120..? i never own 1 coz no 1/12 track here...
Old 06-26-2009, 08:17 AM   #2948
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
parts for 720 will continue... parts for s400, no idea... recently, it seems like shortage for rear gear diff (wondering if they will produce it anymore) is the only shortage... i can get most of the parts again... belts, arms, c-hub, pulleys (front, center n rear ball diff) r all in stock... but things like rear ball diff outdrives n shock tower holders r no wher seen...

most of racers have gone to tamiya or yokomo... i like serpent... but i really hope they will like us too as return...

problems with s120..? i never own 1 coz no 1/12 track here...
There is no problem with the S120. Best 1/12 scale I have ever had. I pitched it not because of the car but because of the manufacture. I am done with Serpent.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #2949
Tech Master

yah... if S400 supplies stop just like that after 2 years then i guess... i'll stop with their other cars too...

it shouldn't to happen, it's serpent, one of the strongest brand in rc car history... is it still..?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #2950
Tech Adept

Default S400

Here is the story,
the factory in Asia that was doing the S400 parts doesnt make them anymore. So serpent can't get new parts.
But there is enough parts to get you guys going for now . The other Serpent cars are made by a different factory still in Asia and there will be no problems to get parts and upgrades.
Serpent is working on another touring car and this will be out to replace the
S400.
That what I have heard for out local Serpent supplier. When you ask them for spares parts thats another story they cant supply in time...
ds400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #2951
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default oki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds400 View Post
Here is the story,
the factory in Asia that was doing the S400 parts doesnt make them anymore. So serpent can't get new parts.
But there is enough parts to get you guys going for now . The other Serpent cars are made by a different factory still in Asia and there will be no problems to get parts and upgrades.
Serpent is working on another touring car and this will be out to replace the
S400.
That what I have heard for out local Serpent supplier. When you ask them for spares parts thats another story they cant supply in time...
Serpent Bro DS400,, thank you very much for the heads up. Stay Serpent bro!!

Mr. Granone, Hello. I feel sad about your situation. hope you reconsider getting back to snakeville.

Stay Serpent...
sandrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:38 AM   #2952
Tech Master

it's frustrating because parts is a bit hrad to get nowadays... i juat restock most parts which easily cost up to another brand new pro kit... i really like the s400... but i have avoided a lot of practise run or sunday run because i avoid trashing more parts... i'm in the middle of rebuilding another spare s400 for weekend bashing... i gonna use yokomo rear plastic diff outdrives... basically everythings in the rear diff is yokomo except the diff pulley... heard cyclone 16T center pulley is a lot stronger han serpent unit... anyone know which plastic C-blade (cushion) for rear UJ can use on s400..? tamiya, xray..?

i'll post a simple mod i've done to fit 5000mah lipo... pimping up my s400 again now...

Last edited by fly_wheel; 06-27-2009 at 06:30 AM.
fly_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:57 AM   #2953
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default try....

Quote:
it's frustrating because parts is a bit hrad to get nowadays... i juat restock most parts which easily cost up to another brand new pro kit... i really like the s400... but i have avoided a lot of practise run or sunday run because i avoid trashing more parts... i'm in the middle of rebuilding another spare s400 for weekend bashing... i gonna use yokomo rear plastic diff outdrives... basically everythings in the rear diff is yokomo except the diff pulley... heard cyclone 16T center pulley is a lot stronger han serpent unit... anyone know which plastic C-blade (cushion) for rear UJ can use on s400..? tamiya, xray..?

i'll post a simple mod i've done to fit 5000mah lipo... pimpinh up my s400 again now...
Serpent bro, c-blade cushion,,, try 3racing or tamiya.

Stay Serpent...
sandrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #2954
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dont see why some aftermarket company doesnt make replacement parts for the S400. Especially the frequently broken pieces.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #2955
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Granone View Post
I would agree they are going back to Nitro. The only reason I say the 720 is going away is the lack of parts. They are doing the same thing to it they did to the S400. Right now you cannot by 30% of the plastic for the car. Again just looking at what they did to the S400, impact gen2... As for the future for me I just put my S400 in the trash along with my S120 and 720 '08. My new Xrays will be here next week. Bye to all the you Snake fans. You have been very supportive even if the company has not.

Still PO'ed customer
I race locally with Mr Granone (Jeff) and I understand his frustration Jeff is always one of the fastest guys on the track with his cars and is always the one I am trying to catch I run an older Xray T1 and a Corally RDX and I never have a problem getting parts for either one. Most of the newer Xray parts still fit my car. I am in the process of getting back into nitro cars after a long break and I was gonna get a serpent because they seem to be the car to beat but I chose a different manufacturer after talking to Jeff about what was going on with serpent I have no problem spending the money on a quality car but I also know that things are gonna break and I am not gonna take the chance on purchasing a car knowing that tomorrow there is the possibility that you wont be able to get parts. I can't wait to run against you in a couple weeks Jeff.

Rick
Rick Zep is offline   Reply With Quote