R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2008, 03:36 AM   #2506
Tech Regular
 
scoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 465
Default

Here you go;

http://www.onetenracing.co.uk/tfraci...s400-431-p.asp

They are not Serpent top decks - there is a rumour that they will be bringing one out.
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:27 AM   #2507
Tech Apprentice
 
Vesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 81
Send a message via ICQ to Vesa Send a message via MSN to Vesa
Default

Commander:

The top deck at the phto is from me (V-dezign) and it was made for prototype testing for some drivers including me and Bart Wubben. If lots of people are interested, they could maybe put in production.

The difference compared to std top deck is that this gives you more general traction and more on power steering.

My website (www.v-dezign.net) is not too up-to-date at the moment but will be updated with new stuff soon!

Please contact me if interested about the topdeck.

Cheers,
Vesa
__________________
V @ V-Dezign
Sponsored by: V-Dezign | Nosram | Reedy | Black Art | TQ Wire | Horizon hobby | Xenon Racing | Badger airbrush | RC-Trim.com
Web - www.v-dezign.net | Facebook - www.facebook.com/vdezign
Vesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:29 AM   #2508
Tech Master
 
fly_wheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sabah lor
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

maybe the 1 piece upper deck as seen for tamiya 416 proto will be more feasible... but anyway, i'm for 1 would like to get the upper deck as shown above too... as long as it's lipo firendly...
fly_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:05 AM   #2509
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander View Post
anybody know where we can get these top decks? are they just specifically prototypes or available?
I think this should be the prototype for the coming soon chassis, i will pay attention on the new chassis. In the case i have revised a S400 in yesterday race, then concluded its materials are good quality.
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 02:41 PM   #2510
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa View Post
Commander:

The top deck at the phto is from me (V-dezign) and it was made for prototype testing for some drivers including me and Bart Wubben. If lots of people are interested, they could maybe put in production.

The difference compared to std top deck is that this gives you more general traction and more on power steering.

My website (www.v-dezign.net) is not too up-to-date at the moment but will be updated with new stuff soon!

Please contact me if interested about the topdeck.

Cheers,
Vesa
Does this one help with Lipo fitment??
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #2511
Tech Addict
 
Phoenix82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 576
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default s400

Update in price. 325 shipped must sell!!!


Nick
Phoenix82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #2512
Tech Elite
 
tallyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: palm city, fl
Posts: 2,594
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

i hope there is a topdeck update for this car and not a whole new car!
__________________
WWW.STORMERHOBBIES.COM helping keep pan cars alive!

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:55 AM   #2513
Tech Regular
 
XACDesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to XACDesigns
Default

If anyone is looking for a gear diff I have one with 2 race weekends on it.

Shoot me a PM

edit: figured I would ask in this thread because I know how difficult they can be to find.
XACDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:48 AM   #2514
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
i hope there is a topdeck update for this car and not a whole new car!
If this reality is real, serpent should go behind among other makes.
mac853 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 AM   #2515
Tech Master
 
hav_lova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney Model Autosports (SMA)
Posts: 1,387
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

i thought i would post up some pics of my modifications to my S400 so far, it seemed everyone was playing with top decks so i've gone in the opposite direct i've busted the dremel out on my bottom chassis plate with promising results, on my first race meet after the change the car was on rails, it is so much more forgiving, on track you can notice the flex on the chassis...

next im going to have a play with the front of the car and i've got some of the tf racing top decks coming...

Pics are top view, bottom view, and next to dads s400 for comparison

if yous have any questions dont hesitate to ask me...
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400-10092008581a.jpg   Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400-10092008582a.jpg   Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400-10092008583a.jpg  
__________________
Just playing with bigger toys now...
serpentrc.com.au
hav_lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #2516
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XACDesigns View Post
If anyone is looking for a gear diff I have one with 2 race weekends on it.

Shoot me a PM

edit: figured I would ask in this thread because I know how difficult they can be to find.
i interested but i'm too far from u....
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:02 PM   #2517
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,192
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hav_lova View Post
Hey guys,

i thought i would post up some pics of my modifications to my S400 so far, it seemed everyone was playing with top decks so i've gone in the opposite direct i've busted the dremel out on my bottom chassis plate with promising results, on my first race meet after the change the car was on rails, it is so much more forgiving, on track you can notice the flex on the chassis...

next im going to have a play with the front of the car and i've got some of the tf racing top decks coming...

Pics are top view, bottom view, and next to dads s400 for comparison

if yous have any questions dont hesitate to ask me...
i hope you wore a mask
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #2518
Tech Regular
 
XACDesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 312
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to XACDesigns
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i hope you wore a mask
No kidding, that's a lot of carbon fiber taken off! If you say it works, awesome!
XACDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 PM   #2519
Tech Master
 
hav_lova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney Model Autosports (SMA)
Posts: 1,387
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Yea, and i also kept the carbon fibre wet every 2 seconds or so i would dip it into a bucket of water and i changed the water 3 or more times....

where i've cut most out it where the rear alloy brackets are motor mount etc etc, what it's doing is not just softening the rear of the car but probably half of it with some top deck mods and a some more work on the chassis it could be a super flex weapon...

my first run after the cutting the car was transformed....
__________________
Just playing with bigger toys now...
serpentrc.com.au
hav_lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:19 AM   #2520
Tech Elite
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,598
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hav_lova View Post
Yea, and i also kept the carbon fibre wet every 2 seconds or so i would dip it into a bucket of water and i changed the water 3 or more times....

where i've cut most out it where the rear alloy brackets are motor mount etc etc, what it's doing is not just softening the rear of the car but probably half of it with some top deck mods and a some more work on the chassis it could be a super flex weapon...

my first run after the cutting the car was transformed....
do u ever count ur lap time before and after the cutting ?
__________________
Give the best while u can !
kschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Second Touring Car? Mi3 or Serpent S400 SocialRC12 Electric On-Road 16 08-11-2009 12:04 PM
Serpent S400 Electric Touring Car yyhayyim R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 11-07-2007 06:08 PM
Serpent S400 EP Touring Car CheeYong Malaysian R/C Racers 54 11-05-2007 05:57 AM
SERPENT S400 TOURING ELECTRIC CAR Team Kamikaze Electric On-Road 4 08-30-2007 06:38 PM
New Serpent S400 EP 1/10 Touring Car!!!!! Roniel_R Electric On-Road 3 05-26-2007 06:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net