R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #2386
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to jayjayy Send a message via MSN to jayjayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
Jason's car was doing very very well tat day until i cant even chase him....
Hey Chu,
Its just that I am lucky that day and got out of traffic and avoided the pile up..
jayjayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #2387
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

i'm looking to buy a new or like new s400. what you guys got? pm me.
LOW ET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #2388
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
I'm expecting my S400 any day now and have a question about shock oil. Does anybody know how Serpent oil compares to Mugen oil? I have a boat load of Mugen oil that I'd like to use.
Thx,
G
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #2389
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Hi guys,

This post is for a friend, in my country Chile (Southamerica) we are racing stock 27t (or equivalent in brushless novak 13.5ss) class, with NiMH batts and rubber tires on asphalt.

The thing is that my friend is the only S400 racing and he is having problem gearing his car. Almost all drivers race TC4's and TC5's with 35t piniones and 60t spurs ... which would the equivalent gearing for a S400 ?

thanks,

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #2390
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
Hi guys,

This post is for a friend, in my country Chile (Southamerica) we are racing stock 27t (or equivalent in brushless novak 13.5ss) class, with NiMH batts and rubber tires on asphalt.

The thing is that my friend is the only S400 racing and he is having problem gearing his car. Almost all drivers race TC4's and TC5's with 35t piniones and 60t spurs ... which would the equivalent gearing for a S400 ?

thanks,
For TC5: 60/35 x 2.0= 3.42
S400: 60/35 x 2.187= 3.74

If you want to be geared around 3.42 like your friend's tC5, then you'll need to gear like this on your S400: 88T 64P spur, with 55T Pinion = 3.56, so maybe a 56T Pinion should get u in 3.45 range...

Last edited by yyhayyim; 07-27-2008 at 09:13 AM.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #2391
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

hi guys, i experience a very terrible problem y'day...radio GLITCH....

i wonder why when the time i use normal NIMH cell, my car no glitch but when i switch to lipo my car is glitch.....

i tried 3pk with HRS and PCM receiver but both have d same problem..i change crystal, motor but still got problem. i'm using brush 23t motor y'day..

any1 ever heard using Spektrum have glitch problem ? cos im thinking wan to switch to spektrum system to avoid any glitching problem...

i broke a CFI arm y'day jus bcos of glitching problem...

do other gun like KO helios or M11 have glitching problem ? so far i see glitching owes happen in Futaba Gun....
Old 07-28-2008, 02:18 AM   #2392
Tech Elite

I'm very happy with my Sanwa, only once minor glitch when i used 2.4Ghz, running under the power wires by the street.

Now my module is gone, i run 40Mhz again, no glitching with the bashing trucks.

Now to my own question,

I have lowered the Front Rear suspension bracket by 1.0mm, does this make 1.0 Kick-up or is it not 1.0mm = 1.0 ?
Old 07-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #2393
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

My M11 with Sanwa's own DSSS 2.4 has been flawless for me too, the times i've had glitches it's usually trouble with wiring, connectors or switches. I would check for faulty connections since it's in 9.9 out of 10 times not the radio that's bad..
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:35 AM   #2394
Tech Regular

kschu, I ran the 3PK for two years with the Spektrum 2.4 module and it was great - never a problem. I have now switched to an M11 with Sanwa modules and no problems.

I have heard problems with the earlier Futaba 2.4 systems glitching. I recommend Spektrum and Sanwa.
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:48 AM   #2395
Tech Elite

I've been running Lipo for the past 2 yrs and the only time I had problems with glitch was with the Spektrum non-pro version module and receivers.

I've used Futaba F.A.S.T. 2.4ghz systems and never had a glitch problem for over a year of use.

I've also ran Spektrum PRO module and micro receiver w/ KO EX10 Helio and never had any problems after several months of use.

It's the regular spektrum(non-pro) module and receivers that game me glitching problems once in a while, especially with mod motors. Do not get those.

Get Futaba FAST 2.4ghz system, or use PRO Spektrum module and micro or pro spektrum receiver. Or the new DX3R DSM2 is really good as well.

I now have the new KO EX 1-UR with KO 2.4ghz and its awesome

What Lipo are u running?

When are u experiencing the glitches, when u hit the throttle? It could be a bad Lipo and the radio goes into fail safe mode?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #2396
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
I've been running Lipo for the past 2 yrs and the only time I had problems with glitch was with the Spektrum non-pro version module and receivers.

I've used Futaba F.A.S.T. 2.4ghz systems and never had a glitch problem for over a year of use.

I've also ran Spektrum PRO module and micro receiver w/ KO EX10 Helio and never had any problems after several months of use.

It's the regular spektrum(non-pro) module and receivers that game me glitching problems once in a while, especially with mod motors. Do not get those.

Get Futaba FAST 2.4ghz system, or use PRO Spektrum module and micro or pro spektrum receiver. Or the new DX3R DSM2 is really good as well.

I now have the new KO EX 1-UR with KO 2.4ghz and its awesome

What Lipo are u running?

When are u experiencing the glitches, when u hit the throttle? It could be a bad Lipo and the radio goes into fail safe mode?
i'm running intelect lipo 3800mah...it's a new unit...it's glitch when i hit or w/o hit the throttle....

a day before the race, i play whole day w/o any problem....but on the race day, i keep on glitches when the driverstand have more than 10 racer....they all using DSM while me using crystal.

is it PRO Spektrum is HRS mode ? it's still can use analog servo or can use both digital n analog ?

EX-1 UR good ?? if compare with 3pk, got big different in functionality ???

thanks
Old 07-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #2397
Tech Elite

Quote:
i'm running intelect lipo 3800mah...it's a new unit...it's glitch when i hit or w/o hit the throttle....

a day before the race, i play whole day w/o any problem....but on the race day, i keep on glitches when the driverstand have more than 10 racer....they all using DSM while me using crystal.

is it PRO Spektrum is HRS mode ? it's still can use analog servo or can use both digital n analog ?

EX-1 UR good ?? if compare with 3pk, got big different in functionality ???

thanks

For Futaba HRS mode use only digital servo.

If you really like the 3PK, I suggest trying their 2.4gz F.A.S.T system...its super reliable. Or use the Spektrum PRO module and micro receiver on your 3PK.

As far as the KO EX1UR 2.4ghz, it feels great, lighter, and does have some neew features to make super reactive handling cars. EX 10 Helio is very good, but the UR has new updated faster processor and couple of new features the Helio doesnt.

The Lipo you have is a very good one. Are you saying that u only get glitching when you use the Lipo? If you use NIMH you have no glitching?

What speed control are you using? Make sure its set to NIMH in your Speedo
Old 07-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #2398
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
For Futaba HRS mode use only digital servo.

If you really like the 3PK, I suggest trying their 2.4gz F.A.S.T system...its super reliable. Or use the Spektrum PRO module and micro receiver on your 3PK.

As far as the KO EX1UR 2.4ghz, it feels great, lighter, and does have some neew features to make super reactive handling cars. EX 10 Helio is very good, but the UR has new updated faster processor and couple of new features the Helio doesnt.

The Lipo you have is a very good one. Are you saying that u only get glitching when you use the Lipo? If you use NIMH you have no glitching?

What speed control are you using? Make sure its set to NIMH in your Speedo
if i'm using NIMH, my car no glitch...i'm using Speed Passion GT ver1.1 esc....the weird thing is , a day before the race i'm using the lipo whole day practise, no glitch problem.. but on the raceday ,i encounter glitch when the driver stand have more than 10 racer standing beside me....i think it's could be my radio system problem since all of them r using DSM.....mebi my radio signal weak?....

why must combine Pro module and Micro receiver ? if i use back the receiver that come with the spektrum pro, it's not so good ?

now i'm in the middle decision, change to ex-1 UR 2.4ghz or invest in spektrum pro as both price is very close to each other....

but i worry the ex-1 ur do not have function like in 3pk ...in the meantime i also worry that my gun have problem which may lead to glitching problem again eventhough i have chg to spektrum.....

pls advise......
Old 07-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #2399
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So, I ordered a kit and a bunch of parts from a US dealer and he got in just a couple of parts and no estimate from Serpent USA and they are not responding to his e-mails...LAME!!! If they want this car to sell in the US, they should at least respond to their dealers e-mails. I'm thinking of canceling my order and going with a different car. WAKE UP SERPENT USA!!!
CanyonCarverR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #2400
Tech Elite

Quote:
if i'm using NIMH, my car no glitch...i'm using Speed Passion GT ver1.1 esc....the weird thing is , a day before the race i'm using the lipo whole day practise, no glitch problem.. but on the raceday ,i encounter glitch when the driver stand have more than 10 racer standing beside me....i think it's could be my radio system problem since all of them r using DSM.....mebi my radio signal weak?....

why must combine Pro module and Micro receiver ? if i use back the receiver that come with the spektrum pro, it's not so good ?

now i'm in the middle decision, change to ex-1 UR 2.4ghz or invest in spektrum pro as both price is very close to each other....

but i worry the ex-1 ur do not have function like in 3pk ...in the meantime i also worry that my gun have problem which may lead to glitching problem again eventhough i have chg to spektrum.....

pls advise......
I understand. I had thesame pblm when I used the regular Spektrum on my radio...no pblms when driving alone....but as soon as 4-5 people with Spektrum showed up, my radio started glitching.

I upgraded to Spektrum PRO and module and receiver and had no issues.

I then tried the micro receiver and liked it better because of the size and easier to bind.

But my favorite system is the Futaba FASST 2.4ghz...I would highly recommend you try it...or the KO 2.4ghz.

However, before you buy...try switching receivers and see if you get same pblm. Next try switching radio- you can borrow a friend's radio and try to run run car with it and see if you get glitches...you can find out exactly where the pblm is this way. If it's a bad radio, then try switching modules or receivers and see if that fixes the pblm- if not, then you know its a bad radio.

Personally, I prefer the KO radios or M11 over 3PK. But if you like the 3PK, then just try to figure out where the pblm is coming from by testing the modules, receivers, radio, etc...If your radio works fine with your friend's module and receiver, then you know you might have a bad module.

Hope that helps,

Yohan