R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #2071
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
My buddy Carl Hyndman sent some awesome action shots of my car from the race, this one is my favorite. World class photographer!
Body looks great Randy. Do you ike the little change that I made?
Old 05-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #2072
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
Thanks Randy:

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=267

they got them...but there seems to be different version of the suspension blocks. Some are TRF 415, and some Ta05/TRF 415 suspension blocks and have different numbering on them: some are XA, XB, XC, XD, etc, and some blocks are TRF 415 /Ta05 and say : 1X 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=269
if i rember when i ran a tamiya the 1 means 1 mm lower rolll centre the evo 4 and orignal 415 had a b c d e with no number 1 they were intrduced as a worlds upgrade kit when marc rehnihard won with the 415
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #2073
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
Body looks great Randy. Do you ike the little change that I made?
Actually the grip didnt get as high as I expected so I didn't need to use the new bods, just used a regular mounted one.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #2074
Tech Prophet

Ray - Whats your email address, I'll send you some more pics of your work in action.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #2075
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
If I'm not mistaken, either the X or A blocks would be equal to our 0 block. A, B, C, D, and E blocks all go up in .5 incraments. If A is equal to our 0 block, X would be equal to our -.5 block. XA, XB, XC, and XD all go down in .5 incraments. So E would be their widest block, and XD would be their narrowest, quite a bit narrower than our -.5 block.
Just to help out

Tamiya C relates to a Serpent 3.0 (I have one on the front rear position of my 416 to give 0.5 arm sweep, when used with the D block).

So...

Tamiya E = Serpent 4.0
D = 3.5
C = 3.0
B = 2.5
A = 2.0
X = 1.5
XA = 1.0
XB = 0.5
XC = 0.0
XD = -0.5

HiH
Ed
Old 05-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #2076
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

hi guys, is it Billy using tamiya shock in his s400 ? i wonder if trf415 shock work better than s400 shock ??
Old 05-28-2008, 10:01 PM   #2077
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
hi guys, is it Billy using tamiya shock in his s400 ? i wonder if trf415 shock work better than s400 shock ??
Billy wasn't using Tamiya shocks this past weekend at the Reedy Race.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:55 PM   #2078
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

hi guys, can we use ABS function in EP car ?? will it spoil the ESC ??

thanks
Old 05-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #2079
Tech Prophet

Never heard of anyone using it, if you are locking the tires up under braking just turn the brakes down.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:35 AM   #2080
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Just to help out

Tamiya C relates to a Serpent 3.0 (I have one on the front rear position of my 416 to give 0.5 arm sweep, when used with the D block).

So...

Tamiya E = Serpent 4.0
D = 3.5
C = 3.0
B = 2.5
A = 2.0
X = 1.5
XA = 1.0
XB = 0.5
XC = 0.0
XD = -0.5

HiH
Ed
Thanks Ed
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #2081
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting back to electric on-road touring, and like very much the Serpent cars. I have Serpent gas cars, and love serpent company. But, look like the S400 is going to get many changes so maybe is not agood time to get one now?

For example, new top deck and bulkheads, new front spool, new suspension brackets design, new shocks upgrade kit for RCC shocks, new bell crank, new thrust bearing, new belt, etc.

When are this changes coming and when will the new '008 version kit with all the new upgrades be released? Will the new upgrades be available separetely?
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #2082
Tech Regular

You are right in saying that there are a number of 'tweaks' on the way for the car.

The new top deck and bulkheads are still a rumour but one that is very likely to come true as Serpent (as well as other manufacturers) change their car to allow for higher capacity Lipos (which are taller than their NiMh counterparts). Some of the other changes you mention I am not aware of although I do know that the belts, thrust bearings etc. have been running changes. The shocks I am surprised to hear about as I think the ones that come with the car are some of the best I have built (and I have had a few kits in the past few years).

In the UK we already have a different top deck that was made up to allow for better flex control in tarmac rubber racing so things are always moving forward.

I would say that these parts will come out as upgrades and may find their way into future kits but the car is great now and will get better as the new parts arrive so enjoy it now
scoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #2083
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventura View Post
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting back to electric on-road touring, and like very much the Serpent cars. I have Serpent gas cars, and love serpent company. But, look like the S400 is going to get many changes so maybe is not agood time to get one now?

For example, new top deck and bulkheads, new front spool, new suspension brackets design, new shocks upgrade kit for RCC shocks, new bell crank, new thrust bearing, new belt, etc.

When are this changes coming and when will the new '008 version kit with all the new upgrades be released? Will the new upgrades be available separetely?
as i'm aware it's only an update/change at the rear quater bulkhead (not the whole rear bulkhead unit as it's sepereated to 2 sections) to acomodate bigger lipo batts. other than that, the S400 is a great car. it weight a little more but also last a little more. it's stronger n easier to drive. on very high traction n speed circuit, the carbon insert arms r highly recomnded too. ne woptional belts r available. i'm looking forward for front knuckles if it'll b avaiable.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #2084
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoyle View Post
You are right in saying that there are a number of 'tweaks' on the way for the car.

The new top deck and bulkheads are still a rumour but one that is very likely to come true as Serpent (as well as other manufacturers) change their car to allow for higher capacity Lipos (which are taller than their NiMh counterparts). Some of the other changes you mention I am not aware of although I do know that the belts, thrust bearings etc. have been running changes. The shocks I am surprised to hear about as I think the ones that come with the car are some of the best I have built (and I have had a few kits in the past few years).

In the UK we already have a different top deck that was made up to allow for better flex control in tarmac rubber racing so things are always moving forward.

I would say that these parts will come out as upgrades and may find their way into future kits but the car is great now and will get better as the new parts arrive so enjoy it now
Look here for the shocks: http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=12640

its being call the Serpent shock revision set.

If you look at the new S400 pics posted a few weeks back from S400 drivers, you will notice they have new design suspension blocks, new look spool, top deck and bulk heads

http://www.rctouring.eu/images/DSC_2441.JPG

take a close look at the Front suspension bracket...its diffrent, and the front spool is also diffrent.

Just wondering when this will be finally release and if it will be new kit or running change and when we will see this...need official report please
Aventura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #2085
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventura View Post
Look here for the shocks: http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=12640

its being call the Serpent shock revision set.

If you look at the new S400 pics posted a few weeks back from S400 drivers, you will notice they have new design suspension blocks, new look spool, top deck and bulk heads

http://www.rctouring.eu/images/DSC_2441.JPG

take a close look at the Front suspension bracket...its diffrent, and the front spool is also diffrent.

Just wondering when this will be finally release and if it will be new kit or running change and when we will see this...need official report please
Serpent is hard at work on refining their current design and getting lots of feedback from drivers and customers and they are taking action. The car is very good right now and for now most of what you mentioned has been adressed:

New very tough belts
New thrust bearing

these are running changes included in all new version kits.

About the new shock revision kit, I don't know anything about that, and it's interesting...maybe Butter or Randy can fill us in on this new item?

All they really need to "fix" now is the top deck, which they're working on already, and the bulkheads, and the suspension blocks to be able to raise them, especially in the front if you wanna shim up for roll center changes or just use anti-dive, etc.

Now something I'd love to see is the following:

*Optional pulleys, both for diffs and center layshaft to change internal ratios which would benefit stock and super stock racing, and mod racing as well. To have easier gearing. No need to use HB pulleys.

*go to a an MI3, Xray T2 style suspension system so that we dont have to use suspension brackets, and just need shims which are much cheaper and easy to find. This will also leave more room in chassis if needed for other improvements if needed.

*Retaining clip or ring system to help prevent axle pins from slipping out. TC5 have these clips that lock on to the axle and bone coupling which prevents the pin from slipping out. another easy fix is to make flat spotted pins so the set screw can slide in...these should be designed by serpent so that strength of the pin is not compromised. If we do this ourselves, it compromises the pin's strength, since they were not designed with this in mind, I suspect? Its something all cars must deal with, but the TC5 idea is pretty cool. Or using heat shrink like losi cars do works well, but the steering block diameter might not allow it as it is now.

Last edited by yyhayyim; 05-30-2008 at 08:16 AM.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote