R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-30-2008, 02:22 AM   #1861
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard baker View Post
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 415 front knuckles fit an look lovley de-anodised
you mean to go along with the Tamiya arms on the development car??

Only poking fun... revised car looks good
Old 04-30-2008, 04:44 AM   #1862
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

recommended spares:

factory drivers list in priority.

C-hubs (alloy serpent parts are available)
dog bones
front diff (foam) front one way(rubber)
rear uprights and bearings
servo saver plastic( do not run the nut tight, use loctite or you will use many of these)
toe plates
inner hinge pins, rear

front & rear arms.

All cars break, if you are not breaking the car the result is most likly a very car friendly track. With the speeds these cars can carry a slight hit with a corner of the car can put incredible stress on some very small parts.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:50 AM   #1863
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hello mr. yohan, i've stepped away for awhile but now its time to come back and my tc5 "current track lap record holder" will be in full force to put that s400 down. be ready cause' i'm coming for you with a new setup and new ... something !!!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #1864
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic31 View Post
hello mr. yohan, i've stepped away for awhile but now its time to come back and my tc5 "current track lap record holder" will be in full force to put that s400 down. be ready cause' i'm coming for you with a new setup and new ... something !!!
He's alive!!!!

Dont get too close though, they bite hard...get some antivenim just in case
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400-snake-bites-face.jpg  
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:30 AM   #1865
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschu View Post
this is my hometown track.....

please visit our local EP blog.
http://rcep4u.jonehrc.com
That's a nice track bro...good mix of technical and open.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #1866
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
you mean to go along with the Tamiya arms on the development car??

Only poking fun... revised car looks good
Actually, tamiya wishbones also work nicely on the car...only the swaybar mounting holes are a bit different I think
Old 04-30-2008, 11:00 AM   #1867
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc9840 View Post
Thats what I am going to do, was just wondering if anyone had already done the leg work to get the size of the o-ring. Looks like I will just take the old one with me down to the local hardware store.
I'm not sure of the size, you could try calling Serpent to see if they have that info on hand..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 AM   #1868

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to pc9840 Send a message via AIM to pc9840 Send a message via Yahoo to pc9840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Caster View Post
I'm not sure of the size, you could try calling Serpent to see if they have that info on hand..
I tried to email them, but got no response. I just figured they didn't want to divulge the industry secret. I'm going today to see what I can find for a replacment.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:05 PM   #1869
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Serpent USA is moving offices right now, so they are probably a bit backed up on e-mails right now. Hope you can find it though.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #1870
Tech Elite

What a night at MDI last night!!!

Temps around 76F with a nice 10mph breeze. Low humidity. Track was a little dusty in some areas but had good overall traction.

After running my S400 last week and seeing how great it performed, I wanted to see how well it carries over to the next week witht he same set up, and how it reacts to a bit different track conditions.

My SP GT doesnt work well with my KO radio and Spektrum mod and rx for some reason. Works great with Futaba FASST system, though. Last week I ran the car with my Futaba system and the car was soooooo good. So this week I wanted to see if witht he KO I can get to work as good.

On the first run, I went a head and checked the speed of the car to make sure it was running OK. Went back after a couple laps and went ahead and prepped tires using Paragon on the CS27 for about 10 mins and went back out.

The car was absolutely dialed for the first 3 laps, and then it seems to have lost its great turn in and exit. Now it pushed in and out of corners for some reason. Seems like when tire compund wears off the tires just were gripping too much in the rear or not enough in the front?

Went back to the pit tables and re-checked radio settings added some some more steering charateristics on the settings with the help of KO guru Butter. He knows all the tricks and helped me set the cars steering settings so that its more like what I had with the Futaba radio.

Sauced up the tires again but this time for 20 minutes and went back out. Dialed!!! But again for only the first 4-5 laps The car then had a bit of a push on corner entry, and some corner exit as well, which required tapping the brakes more, making loose time in the corners. Everybody seemed to be quicker in the corners, especially Brian Bucher and his dreaded HB Cyclone, which was working close to what I had the week before at MDI
He won the first little battle after running for about 8 minutes with our 10.5. We both and good speed, but his corner speed and overall steering was better the first tinme around.

Second time around, yielded the abit better results, when i moved sfront shocks in a hole. Now it had a bit better turn in, but still not what's needed to make them Cyclones look like spring breeze.

Third run, switched to Jaco blues, and sauced for about 15 minutes, and went back to stock front inner camber link 1mm setting. And also went from the white springs, back to the stock springs: Yellow rear and Orange fronts. Now the car was back in form...look out. The car regained its attacking mode type agression, and finally I was able to give that HB some competition. It was our best run o the night. NOw with the speed and handling, it was up to driver error and drving lines. Brian has now started close the doors very well, so I jsut keep on his tail till he opens up a bit and shoot for the inside...sometimes I can get him, if not then he gets tapped and we start again...it went back and forth.

Fourth run...Felix Law joined us , along with Jason, and it was sooooo much fun to run with them. Felix 13.5 was so fast he coupld run as hard as us with 10.5. Lots of passing and pressure. Bumper to bumper driving and we all had to be on guard on inside shoots our outside pass attempts at any time. All ou r cars were dialed...but hey, all I know is once I got by both of you, yopu coulnd catch me Felix/Brian Probably our best run of the night.

Thanks to all the guys who showed up and made it a fun night of practice and testing. Thanks to Tim for the parts and BUtter for your help with Radio and set up tips.

I will get to the bottom of what you all did to AJ's car!!! OMG!!! Really nice...best car of the night for sure!!!

Still trying to figure out why the car had reduced steering with the CS27s on first runs. Also, why did the car work better witht he harder stock springs insted of the softer white springs, which worked great the week before.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:27 AM   #1871
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Yohan- You had less steering because Jaco blues are just faster....period! They make more traction than a cs-27 and thats why the car has less steering, it had less grip.

Just wait till the new Jaco's arre released.... Snakes and Jaco's will be a deadly combo!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #1872
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
Yohan- You had less steering because Jaco blues are just faster....period! They make more traction than a cs-27 and thats why the car has less steering, it had less grip.

Thanks for the input Butter

Just wait till the new Jaco's arre released.... Snakes and Jaco's will be a deadly combo!
Felix drove the car aftrwards said he loved the car. It had so much more traction with the Jacos and traction actually lasted a whole run. With the CS27s, I had really good tracting and steering only for the first 4-5 laps, and then the tration would decrease and the car had inscreased understeer in and out of corners(less over all steering). The Jacos gave good traction thru out the whole run. Better rotation also...que extrano chico
Old 05-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #1873
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post

Hmmm...will put that down on my note book. Last week it seemed to work the opposite. But this weeks traction was abit different that last weeks, too. Also, it worked much better with the yellow rears and orange fronts this week. Got the same results as last week, but with the stock springs and Jaco blues, instead of the whites all around and CS27
Old 05-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #1874
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

hi guys, i having a bad day on y'day race.. my tyre overheating like hell....i'm using 36r with med insert....with 4 hole drilled in d rim....
i'm using 3.5r with 5 cell...

wat can i do to reduce d overheating ?
Old 05-02-2008, 06:19 AM   #1875
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Front One ways are back in. The dealers should have them arriving in the next day or so. Plenty in.

MMR Direct Minneapolis World Class Indoor Race Facility.
On Road and Off Road racing year round.

www.molzermoweryracing.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MMR/160679913944205?__req=9

Check out You Tube mmrswracing. Every qualifier and every main uploaded at the end of every race day.
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote