R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-24-2007, 03:56 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So has anybody got a expected date for these and the speedo to come out? Or is everything still in 'developement'.

Charles
Old 05-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #17
Tech Adept

looks nice
Bony85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:47 PM   #18
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm pretty well-aware of how OEM works, and its prevalence in nearly all markets. I don't think I'm uncovering a conspiracy, either, which isn't my point when I mention these things. My point is that it's the same exact motor as everybody else is offering, just with a different sticker. There's no innovation here, and really nothing exciting at all about it. From a technology standpoint, it's about as boring as it gets. I'm interested in the technology, not sticker design.

At least with LCD panels, for example, the companies that buy them still design their own housings, inputs, etc. They're obviously not building the panels, but they offer some value in their implementation of it, and differentiate themselves from each other. Brushless motors, especially with the little to no tuning that's being done on them, are basically just sticker swaps.

When LRP and Novak release motors, then it's interesting, because they're doing their own tooling and design. That is where innovation will come from, not all the other "me too" companies buying cheap Chinese knock-offs.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I'm pretty well-aware of how OEM works, and its prevalence in nearly all markets. I don't think I'm uncovering a conspiracy, either, which isn't my point when I mention these things. My point is that it's the same exact motor as everybody else is offering, just with a different sticker. There's no innovation here, and really nothing exciting at all about it. From a technology standpoint, it's about as boring as it gets. I'm interested in the technology, not sticker design.

At least with LCD panels, for example, the companies that buy them still design their own housings, inputs, etc. They're obviously not building the panels, but they offer some value in their implementation of it, and differentiate themselves from each other. Brushless motors, especially with the little to no tuning that's being done on them, are basically just sticker swaps.

When LRP and Novak release motors, then it's interesting, because they're doing their own tooling and design. That is where innovation will come from, not all the other "me too" companies buying cheap Chinese knock-offs.
You tell 'em...the truth hurts...

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:17 PM   #20
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge
Just curious to know why you have such a problem with this brand?
Is`nt it obvious ?

They made it the wrong color !!!..

It is not orange...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 01:45 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Quote:

So, what you are saying here is that the Br00d V2's are the same as the Orion V2's since they use the same basic setup?
Some years ago, most brushed motors where either an Yokomo or an Epic setup.... My Peak motors where not at all the same as the Reedy or Trinity ones.

There are still windings and rotor inn there that can be altered allot.

Does Speed Passion buy motors from LRP?
The Challenge series looks the same as LRP except for the cooling holes....

Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:15 AM   #22
AI2
Tech Rookie

ahmmm... LRP same as speed passion?? i don't think so. have a closer look...
Attached Thumbnails
Much-More Brushless Motor-eraser.jpg  
AI2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:22 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...all these NEW motors, and they still use the crappy circuit board to solder to.

The solder tabs on the newer NOVAKS are nice..and I believe I saw the TeKINS will also have those better tabs...

It's a PAIN in the A$$ to try to shove the wire into those little holes when you are in a hurry trackside....and trying to keep the solder from bridging is equally a pain~
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:57 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI2
That is not the X11 motor....

This is the one that looks the same:

Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:00 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI2
I think Eirik referred to the X11 motors of LRP, like this one:
LRP X11 picture
Edit: Goddamn Eirik, you are faster on the internet too, not only on the track :P
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:22 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:

I just don't even think is is worth getting stressed about. Do you know for a fact that all the motors are wound the same inside, with the same rotors? Sagami in Japan make all the cans and arms for competition brushed motors (except Trinity), they used to make all the endbells too, don't remember anyone complaining about that.

So much RC stuff now is made by OEM factories in China that it just isn't worth worrying about. And big volume manufacturers can have stuff made to their own specs, so not everything is necessarily the same.

If the motors are all the same (and I don't know that they are) - well, that is good for the consumer. Just buy the cheapest version!
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:32 AM   #27
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

LRP said 100% of their motor design was done "in house." The similarities between the X11 and SP's offering are striking, however. I don't know what their relationship is, if any.

I don't know how much each company that OEMs these motors is doing, you've got me there. I suppose it's possible each one is experimenting with motor design, adjusting air gap, etc., and then letting SP handle the build and manufacturing to their specifications. I would expect larger companies with an established motor program, like Peak/Orion to at least do that much. I believe SP, at least, will give their OEM customer's that option with a large enough order. I'm not confident, however, that some of the smaller "me too" companies are putting forth that effort.

It remains to be seen if all these small variations from the same company will show any difference between them. My guess is a lot of companies are just looking to put their sticker on a motor so they can get their name on more products at big races, basically as an advertising investment, and not a true, deep interest in brushless design.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 05:51 AM   #28
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET

........ really these......

http://www.feigao.com/sdp/85838/4/pd...483-51426.html
leomax001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:24 PM   #29
Tech Addict

@Syndrome: correct, as I said in the other thread already... there's no relation between LRP and Feigao/SpeedPassion whatsoever. They simply got inspired by our nice design and copied us, as simple as that...
burito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:38 PM   #30
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito View Post
@Syndrome: correct, as I said in the other thread already... there's no relation between LRP and Feigao/SpeedPassion whatsoever. They simply got inspired by our nice design and copied us, as simple as that...

Personally, I believe that they were inspired by Novak's nice design and copied us.......
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote