Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Matt, the PTX only has a 'stealth black' case. There are custom LED options, red is standard, blue, white, amber and green are also available.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, I searched all over for it on http://www.mrtwebshop.co.uk/ I can't find it.
Please post a direct link to purchase it through your web store. You might want to updated the rclaps.com as well.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Click the link in post 186 above. It will take you right to the order form.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by James35
OK, I searched all over for it on http://www.mrtwebshop.co.uk/ I can't find it.
Please post a direct link to purchase it through your web store. You might want to updated the rclaps.com as well.
If you click the 'Store Index' > 'Transponders' > 'MRT', or just click 'New Stock Items' to take you direct to the PTX.

As Ed says if you go to www.rclaps.com it takes you to the custom order form (bottom of page) and then click 'more info' for the specs and a link to www.mrtwebshop.co.uk to order a 10 or 20 number standard version with a 3 hole tab or direct mount base.

The reason why I don't link direct to any web store product pages is that it's best to know about the options available first (on rclaps) then go to order.

I've been having a few questions about the PTX custom options available. There are custom options for the LED light colour and the lead length, it's possible to order a custom PTX without having a cloned ID. The custom options are all on the order form at www.rclaps.com
Old 09-06-2007, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you have any problems with the web pages not being updated etc it's worth using CTRL F5 in Internet Explorer to update the stored pages in your browser cache.

Also when visiting our WebShop to view the prices in US$ AUS$ or Euros click 'Order' then select your country on the order form then click 'Continue Shopping' (using Firefox or browsers other than IE5+ may show an error, just click 'Order' again or 'Home page' or another link then view product pages)
Old 09-06-2007, 03:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello Terry,

Thank you for bringing such a great product on the market!
I have some old AMB RC Battery transponders( red type) from our club and I was wondering if you could clone them and make some PTX of it?

Keep up the good work,

Regards,

Antonio
Old 09-06-2007, 03:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
If you have any problems with the web pages not being updated etc it's worth using CTRL F5 in Internet Explorer to update the stored pages in your browser cache.

Also when visiting our WebShop to view the prices in US$ AUS$ or Euros click 'Order' then select your country on the order form then click 'Continue Shopping' (using Firefox or browsers other than IE5+ may show an error, just click 'Order' again or 'Home page' or another link then view product pages)
Erm, I had a hard time finding the ptx on your website as well.
The only way I found to order them was to click on new items on the homepage...
Sadly enough I now see an arrow at the top where I can select other models...
Old 09-07-2007, 03:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Quante, sorry you had a problem finding the PTX and the different versions.

The store pages are numbered and have arrows for 'previous page' and 'next page'.
There are currently 14 pages in the transponder section.

The pages and products are:
Page 01 - R9920 T1-10 Transponder (AMB20 compatible)
Page 02 - R9933 Bug Booster for use with AMBrc 'DP' transponders
Page 03 - R9960 PTX-10 DP Personal Transponder - direct fit base
Page 04 - R9961 PTX-10 DP Personal Transponder - 3 hole tab base
Page 05 - R9962 PTX-20 DP Personal Transponder - direct fit base
Page 06 - R9963 PTX-20 DP Personal Transponder - 3 hole tab base
Page 07 - R9964 PTX Replacement Direct Fit Base
Page 08 - R9965 PTX Replacement Tab Base (3 hole)
Page 09 - R9966 PTX Replacement Case Screws (Set of 4)
Page 10 - R9967 PTX Replacement Power Lead
Page 11 - R9968 PTX Direct Fitting Base and Replacement Case Screws
Page 12 - R9969 PTX Tab Base (3 hole) and Replacement Case Screws
Page 13 - R9970 PTX Direct Base, Tab Base, Replacement Case Screws
Page 14 - R9971 PTX Extras Pack (Direct & Tab Base, Case Screws + Lead)
Old 09-07-2007, 03:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Engine800cc
Hello Terry,

Thank you for bringing such a great product on the market!
I have some old AMB RC Battery transponders( red type) from our club and I was wondering if you could clone them and make some PTX of it?

Keep up the good work,

Regards,

Antonio
Hi Antonio thanks, yes we can clone your old AMBrc battery transponders to make new PTX PT's from them. They are our PTX 'Club' (club only special order) you will need to send your old transponders to us. We can do a trade in deal if they're old and the batteries don't work and you don't want them back.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:21 AM
JJC
Tech Initiate

Hi Terry,

I'm in the market for a PT and am keen to get a PTX instead of the AMB one.
My only concern is pre-booking for various meetings often requires you to state a PT number, so if I booked in and selected one of the 10 numbers on the PTX, what happens if another PTX owner does the same thing and selects exactly the same number? I can see the PTX becoming very popular and maybe a few clashing problems occurring. As far as I can see though this is the only downside to the PTX.

Cheers
JJC
Old 09-07-2007, 05:52 AM
Shop Owner

Same thing in case you have same frequency with someone else. When you go to the meeting you will give next number from the available 10.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

JJC,

I don't know of any software (yet) that would pick that up. If you have 100-200 entries (heck, if you have 20), I doubt a race director would pick it up either. (before you hit the track) The best thing you could do on the form is add "PTX" along with your number. That way the race director knows he has something to look for.

As for changing the number, you will probably set it to the position you are starting in. (like we do with house TP's) If I have it correct, the PTX10 end in the numbers 1-10. The PTX20, have the same 1-10, but have additional numbers ending in 11-20. Pretty slick!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nnick
Same thing in case you have same frequency with someone else. When you go to the meeting you will give next number from the available 10.
I dont agree. Maybe I dont understand the situation clearly enough.

When you send in an entry form you're usually required to enter at least 3 crystals. If clashes still cant be resolved then its usually a pretty quick fix with people owning more than 3.

Theres 34 crystals available in the uk + 2.4ghz, the race control software allows for multiple crystal entry and can usually sort out most clashes on its own.

I can see problems occurring at large meetigs with the PTX, not only does this become an extra thing for the race controller to sort out but it will be an easy thing to miss. I dont believe most race controllers to look through all the lists of PT ID's to find clashes.... because pre PTX this would never be a concern.

If this item becomes popular I do see people finding they had alot of laps to then realise 2 guys went round with the same ID.

Not only will it be another pain in the ass for the race controller to keep switching ID's to manually resolve any PT clashes but i dont believe most software allows this to be done too efficiently as your either booked in on a hand out or a PT and once your booked in this isnt designed to change frequently.. and with only 10 available numbers we dont seem to have enough options for this to work so smoothly, unless i missed something.

Great to clone your number though, should be good if your using your own ID I’m just concerned about the 10 built in id’s.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Agreed,

It will be a little bit of a bumpy road. But once the "10" numbers are out, all the director has to do is load them as hand-outs in the program. (this makes it cheaper for clubs not having to buy hand-outs)

The racer will then set his PTX to his position. (instead of picking up a house TP)
Old 09-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Shop Owner

You are right BUT it's drivers responsibility to check if he/she has to change frequency not race control!
Prior to the race race control prints out the information and drivers check if they have to change frequency
When PTX becomes more popular I don't think that softwares would be so difficult to be upgraded to handle PT same way as frequency

In general it might be a hassle for race control in case of large number of drivers but driver with PTX can check with race control for conflicts, until of course such an upgrade is available

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.