R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #586
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If possible you should try a different receiver to see if it's the receiver that is at fault. Connecting a 'booster' capacitor connected in to the receiver can often fix the problem. Hopefully you can overcome the glitches, if not send me an email at [email protected] and I will see if I can advise other things to try.

Terry S[/QUOTE]

That is part of why I put the transponder in a different car, to see if it reacts differently to a different radio. I thought that in one car it was because it was an AM radio, and the second one is FM. I may look into the booster when I find one.

I have sent an email to the support team over at mrt.
FuBlimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #587
Tech Initiate

Terry -

I'm sure your very busy getting orders out, but is there any way you could get back to me??

We have a large order that I need a time frame on.

I've sent several emails, and pms to you.

Thanks.
Makinice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:21 PM   #588
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just thought I'd let everyone know MRT is still cranking out transponders. I just got my first AMB clone back in the mail.

I can't believe how small it is... Thanks Terry.
dski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #589
Uga
Tech Regular

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with one of the transponders. It seems that it's switching between 2 different numbers, one which is written on the package and one completely different. One time it's one, another time it's different (in the same run!). The transponder is brand new, haven't tried to change any transponder numbers. Anybody had a similar problem? Maybe a reprogramming might help or should I just send it back to MRT?
-=Awesomatix A800X=-
Racing in Latvia
Uga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #590
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Is MRT still doing these? When you try to purchase it says they are out of stock and its been that way for a while now. I emailed them and got no response.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:25 AM   #591
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with one of the transponders. It seems that it's switching between 2 different numbers, one which is written on the package and one completely different. One time it's one, another time it's different (in the same run!). The transponder is brand new, haven't tried to change any transponder numbers. Anybody had a similar problem? Maybe a reprogramming might help or should I just send it back to MRT?
Hi, I'm sure we sorted this one. Because of how the system validates numbers it is possible that another 'ghost' number can show up, the decoder most likely didn't receive all the data needed to count the correct number. Any problems, the same as with intermittent missed laps are often caused by a less than ideal installation. Contact [email protected] if you need any help and advice, it's best to include 'Technical Enquiry' in the subject line.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:27 AM   #592
Tech Fanatic

PTX stock and ordering update!

Basically everything is still as in my post #139 here the New PTX stock is due in later next month (see below).

The last few months have been crazy with orders and emails, we have been doing our best to keep up. We had a month when a supplier messed up and put us behind, it's taken a few weeks to clear the back orders and we've had to limit the orders coming in. There are a few orders to clear and then we should be back up to date ready for the 'New PTX July Offer'.

Details of the 'New PTX July Offer' will be announced next month, I can say it is worth waiting for! As I have mentioned previously we receive a large number of emails (please note I don't reply to PM's these days, sorry) which I try to reply to in a reasonable time, please be patient most times I can't write back within hours, a week is often the timescale. I don't have a smartphone with email, it seems everyone these days wants an instant response!

Dealing with orders and payments takes priority, general enquiries are directed to the PTX FAQ page.
Details of the 'New PTX July Offer' will be appearing on the rclaps PTX ordering/stock splash page.

Terry_S
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote