R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #571
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I got my email last night. 10 more happy campers!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:57 AM   #572
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default ready yet?

Is Terry caught up yet?
Tmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:12 AM   #573
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to brians11

Terry, I sent you an email a couple weeks back, did you get it?

Brian Stanton
Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #574
Tech Apprentice

I paid for a Ptx transponder via paypal on Saturday and have since sent emails regarding when he thought it would be shipped and have received no response.
robzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #575
Tech Champion

So much patience being displayed. Send an email to the address listed on the MRT web site so check status and ask questions about current stock. Terry doesn't pop on here much as he's busy trying to fill orders. If you placed and order Saturday, that's Sunday morning for him in the UK. Chances are they looked at your order about 12 hours ago at the earliest. Please try to imagine that you're not the only person trying to reach him with regards to probably the hottest RC item on the market. If you can't wait, get an AMB. I've waited for mine to ship since just after Christmas, but I love the product and am willing to wait.
Old 02-23-2009, 12:37 PM   #576
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by brians11 View Post
Terry, I sent you an email a couple weeks back, did you get it?

Brian Stanton
Brian, send him an email. Remeber he's in Great Brittan. He doesn't come on this site much as he's too busy trying to keep us all happy.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #577
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Low_E

indeed, Terry already told us somewhere on this forum that they are literally covered with orders since the GBP became less expensive against USD and EUR.

I'm soory for you guys that have to wait, but I promise you, if you can be patient, you will be rewarded with a VERY fine transponder.

Personally, I think MRT-ransponders are better then AMB's and if Terry ever finds the time and budget to produce a whole system (transponders + decoder) that's compatible with AMB-transponders, that this would be of great help for many clubs.
The AMB-system is very expensive!
And many clubs still have an older AMB-20-system end no budget to upgrade to the new system which accepts PT's as the AMB20-system does not.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #578
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

So even though the website says no current stock can we order and be put on the list?
mkdut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #579
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkdut View Post
So even though the website says no current stock can we order and be put on the list?
Yes, Terry will respond to emails.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #580
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Terry,

I sent you a couple of emails. Hope all is well and business is good!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:31 PM   #581
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Low_E

Terry,

I just talked to some guys about the MRT-transponders.
They were planning to renew their AMB-20 system and I told them they could use the MRT-PT's in stead of the AMB-transponders. Less in price and no more charging-problems as the MRT's have a power-connection.

They were very interested ... but are you up to it? I mean, are you able to deliver an order of about 20 standard MRT's (to a Belgian club)?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:14 AM   #582
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi everyone, we're getting lots of orders and business is very good! We're sending out orders for 10 or 20 or more at a time, we're up to it, thanks for asking Low_E

Our internet has been off so we're behind with replying to emails. We now have a FAQ page with information on the rclaps website which should help with answers.

I would like to reply personally to everyone and keep up our fast service, but the reality is we have been overwhelmed with orders and enquiries. We really do appreciate having so many enquiries and our transponders being popular. Hopefully the FAQ will help with most things we get asked without the need for sending emails with lots of questions.

The turn around time for orders is currently around a week plus the shipping time after processing, packing and despatch. Apologies to anyone waiting for their order, we're getting orders shipped out to everyone as fast as possible. When ordering custom made transponders or clones extra time should be allowed, it's often 10 to 14 days to turn these orders around, the transponders are custom made to order and not kept in stock ready for immediate despatch.

As you may have found I'm not on rctech regularly these days, any help (other than reading the PTX FAQ Page) send an email to me at [email protected]

Terry S
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #583
Tech Rookie

I don't want to rain on the parade here. However, my transponder is causing glitches in my cars. I rewired it to fit my receiver two times to check the connection. I moved it to different locations, and I placed it on different cars with different electronics. The cars run perfectly when I disconnect the transponder.

What else can I do? My LHS owner had never heard of such a problem before (with AMB.)
FuBlimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:01 AM   #584
Tech Fanatic

Hi FuBlimey, it's possible for a transponder (AMB or PTX) to cause glitches it could be that connecting a speed controller or cooling fan etc also does the same thing. Sometimes it's a certain equipment combination that causes problems, often it's the receiver that is the reason for the glitches because it gets interference from the 'noise in the system'.

If possible you should try a different receiver to see if it's the receiver that is at fault. Connecting a 'booster' capacitor connected in to the receiver can often fix the problem. Hopefully you can overcome the glitches, if not send me an email at [email protected] and I will see if I can advise other things to try.

Terry S
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #585
Tech Champion

I have problems if and only if the PTX is mounted to close to the receiver, and that's any brand.