R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2008, 05:04 AM   #481
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Orders update, the orders from Friday are due to be processed ready for despatch tomorrow (Monday).

Hi KilleR, by default it's set to your AMB cloned number. If you do change to another number and want to reset it back to the cloned number you need to make sure it is in Constant Flicker-Flash by holding the 'set' button when the power lead is connected.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:46 AM   #482
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Roger that. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S View Post
Hi KilleR, by default it's set to your AMB cloned number. If you do change to another number and want to reset it back to the cloned number you need to make sure it is in Constant Flicker-Flash by holding the 'set' button when the power lead is connected.
-KilleR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:44 AM   #483
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Terry, one of my two PTXs died this weekend. It wasn't counting when I arrived at the race, and when it is powered up the LED flickers dimly. I've tried it on two cars, and also tried the working one on both cars. It's definitely the PTX.
Can you send me a replacement this week? I have a few big races coming up soon, including Cleveland, and don't think there is time for me to ship the bad one to you, you fix it, and you send it back. It's a 20 number custom, 8218105. Short power wire, normal LED color. I should be on file.

Adam Glatt
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:06 AM   #484
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
Terry, one of my two PTXs died this weekend. It wasn't counting when I arrived at the race, and when it is powered up the LED flickers dimly. I've tried it on two cars, and also tried the working one on both cars. It's definitely the PTX.
Can you send me a replacement this week? I have a few big races coming up soon, including Cleveland, and don't think there is time for me to ship the bad one to you, you fix it, and you send it back. It's a 20 number custom, 8218105. Short power wire, normal LED color. I should be on file.

Adam Glatt
Hi Adam I would suggest checking that the PTX plug and the socket it's connected into are making good contact, it's usually a bad connection that causes a dim or flickering LED. If the plug and socket are both ok check the lead for a broken wire. If the plug and the lead are ok then it could be the transponder, assuming you have not removed the base at any time to replace the lead it would then seem like some other problem. If you could check and get back to me by PM we'll sort it out from there..
Old 10-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #485
Tech Fanatic

Re orders sent to us the end of last week and this week, due to a problem with the delivery of new stock we have a delay shipping orders out. Orders from last Friday (October 24th) to today are affected. Apologies for the delay, I'm contacting everyone by email in the meantime. We should have the new stock available any time now. Custom orders are not affected, usual 5 days turn around for these orders.

We received an order from Robert Rexrode in the USA last week and have not been able to contact him (no email address supplied) if anyone knows how to contact him it would be very much appreciated (is he on rctech?) or if anyone could let him know to get in touch with us at MRT to confirm details on his order.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #486
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Terry, thanks for the response. I opened it up, tried it, and the LED comes on full now. I put it back together and the LED still comes on full. It looks to be working. I'll try it again at the track this weekend. I checked my connections and solder joints when I encountered the problem, but perhaps they are the problem.
-Adam
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:13 AM   #487
Tech Fanatic

That's great, hopefully it's all working ok now. If you have any problems let me know.
-Terry
Old 11-11-2008, 02:02 AM   #488
Tech Adept

hi terry

where can i order some of these pts as your site seems to be down at the moment..

thanks
lee
please email me on [email protected]
rapid-rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:36 AM   #489
Tech Fanatic

Hi Lee, our site is down due to a problem with the server. I will email you regarding your order as soon as I can.

Both sites, www.team-mrt.com and www.rclaps.com are currently down.

Update: I have just been informed by our ISP that they are working to fix the problem. Our sites should be back working soon.

I will post when they are back up and running again.

We can accept orders by email (or phone/fax) and also through ebay.

The last few days we have had 'issues' with the team-mrt email addresses, I am currently trying to reply to received emails when the outgoing server/connection is ok.

Apologies for any incovenience the problems are causing, normal service will be resumed soon..
Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #490
Tech Fanatic

Web sites are working again now..

www.team-mrt.com

www.rclaps.com

Clone PTX Offer
We will now be updating the web sites regarding PTX cloning offers over the Christmas/New year period..
it's a good time to get your AMB PT cloned!

Here's a very informative cloned PTX review: http://www.rcactionpics.com/reviews/mrt_ptx.html
Old 11-11-2008, 02:19 PM   #491
Tech Rookie

I have to ask have there been many issues with these??? I have now ordered my second one to accompany my other that for me has worked flawless. My uncle has been using one in his car and no issues either. I never see these pop up for resale but see ambs at least once a week. Is everyone as happy as we are and not looking to let go of these ever?
Keep up the great work cant wait for my second one to come in. Just so people now I have been using these in 4 cell spec pan racing. I use no reciver pack 3300mah batteries brushless 17.5 system and crystal radio with a digital servo and never missed a lap. Ran the car till dumped packs and still didnt miss a lap this transponder dosent go week on low voltage.
On another note how many of these are running the us indoor champs in cleveland? Be nice to see how well it holds up in a big race.
Marlborochippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #492
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlborochippy View Post
I have to ask have there been many issues with these??? I have now ordered my second one to accompany my other that for me has worked flawless. My uncle has been using one in his car and no issues either. I never see these pop up for resale but see ambs at least once a week. Is everyone as happy as we are and not looking to let go of these ever?
Keep up the great work cant wait for my second one to come in. Just so people now I have been using these in 4 cell spec pan racing. I use no reciver pack 3300mah batteries brushless 17.5 system and crystal radio with a digital servo and never missed a lap. Ran the car till dumped packs and still didnt miss a lap this transponder dosent go week on low voltage.
On another note how many of these are running the us indoor champs in cleveland? Be nice to see how well it holds up in a big race.
I have had mine now for 2 years and no issues what so ever (from 1/12,1/10tc,1/10pan and 1/8 onroad )all work fine
As for seeing any pop up for sale you will not see many as when they 1st came out you had to agree not to sell them or the Amb it was cloned from unless you sell all of them together so the numbers will stay with them.

Terry S I just ordered a few more Did you get it???

Tim C
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:32 AM   #493
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Low_E

Terry,

I am planning on sending you my AMB-pt to let it be cloned. I live in Belgium.
If I understood correctly, I have to ship you my AMB-pt, accompanied wth a filled in form. I will then recieve the price that I'll have to pay and after payment you will send it back to me accompanied with the MRT-clone.
Can I pay you by visa or paypal?

Have you any idea what the time-span will be between me sending it and me receiving my AMB PT and the MRT-one (offcourse without exceptional delays from postal services).

I'm now waiting for a "gap" between competitions to send my PT to you
Old 11-13-2008, 01:24 PM   #494
Tech Fanatic

Hi Low_E, I just replied on the clone thread didn't see your post here! You are correct about sending your PT and form to us, we will contact you for payment when your order is ready. If you want to pay by card you could put your card details on the form, to pay by PayPal make sure you include your email address.

Hi Tim, yes we have your order ok!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:42 PM   #495

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Terry,

got my PTX in a couple days ago and just ran it today in practice and it works great! Great product!