R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-22-2008, 07:26 PM   #451
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
What's the turn-around time approximately for sending in PT's to be cloned?
From the day I sent mine until the day I got it back was 27 days.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #452
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Wow, not sure I can wait that long to get my pt cloned as the outdoor season is upon us.
suprdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #453
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Overseas orders

Hi Terry,

I have my AMBrc transponder packed and ready to get it shipped to you.
Before that, I have a few questions:

1. What is shipping charges overseas, to Singapore?
2. Turn around time for overseas orders?
3. If I want to pay by CC, do i include my CC details on the order form?
4. If so, how can i be sure that the info is confidential?
5. According to the order form, one cloned PT = 45, so total if i order 2, would come to 94.75 plus shipping. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:24 AM   #454
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Information on overseas orders.

Shipping rates from the UK to other countries are often more costly than the other way round, certainly from the US it appears to cost much less to send a package to the UK. Packages are quite often sent to us by courier (UPS and FedEx mostly) because the cost is not too prohibitive. Due to the costs involved we don't send packages by courier, we use UK postal services (Royal Mail) international registered airmail.

We have no control over the delivery/transit times of packages we send out from the UK. I guess these days extra checks (customs etc) potentially can add delays, more so in the US. We find that around Europe it takes about 3 to 5 days to receive packages, to Australia it can often be 5 days or less, but to the US more than 10 days is not uncommon perhaps a week on average. We usually say a week to 10 days for delivery which is about right for most of the shipping times over all the overseas orders we send out.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #455
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
Hi Terry,

I have my AMBrc transponder packed and ready to get it shipped to you.
Before that, I have a few questions:

1. What is shipping charges overseas, to Singapore?
2. Turn around time for overseas orders?
3. If I want to pay by CC, do i include my CC details on the order form?
4. If so, how can i be sure that the info is confidential?
5. According to the order form, one cloned PT = 45, so total if i order 2, would come to 94.75 plus shipping. Is that right?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Arahawak,

The shipping charges vary according to the value of the package, mostly it's around 4.50 to 7.00 ($9US to $14US) the turn around is about a week with us plus the shipping time back to you. If you are concerned about security I would suggest you use PayPal if possible, it's the way most people pay from overseas. If you don't have PayPal and want to pay by card you could split your details between the order form and an email or call or fax the information to us. You could use our online store which has a secure server for card information, order a clone and fill in the 'additional info' with a note to say AMB PT and order form sent separately.

The cost for a cloned PT is 45 in the UK (includes 17.5% Value Added Tax) but from overseas (outside the European Union) it's 38.30 the price on the form for overseas orders is shown in US Dollars, it's $75US. There's also $9US shipping to add, plus an extra $5 for optional separate (early) return shipping of your PT. Ordering 2 the total would be $159US or $164 with separate early return of your original AMB PT.

Details are on the clone pdf order form at www.rclaps.com
Old 04-24-2008, 07:54 PM   #456
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S View Post
Hi Arahawak,

The shipping charges vary according to the value of the package, mostly it's around 4.50 to 7.00 ($9US to $14US) the turn around is about a week with us plus the shipping time back to you. If you are concerned about security I would suggest you use PayPal if possible, it's the way most people pay from overseas. If you don't have PayPal and want to pay by card you could split your details between the order form and an email or call or fax the information to us. You could use our online store which has a secure server for card information, order a clone and fill in the 'additional info' with a note to say AMB PT and order form sent separately.

The cost for a cloned PT is 45 in the UK (includes 17.5% Value Added Tax) but from overseas (outside the European Union) it's 38.30 the price on the form for overseas orders is shown in US Dollars, it's $75US. There's also $9US shipping to add, plus an extra $5 for optional separate (early) return shipping of your PT. Ordering 2 the total would be $159US or $164 with separate early return of your original AMB PT.

Details are on the clone pdf order form at www.rclaps.com
Thanks for info. We will be in touch pretty soon . I am now gathering a few guys and we will consolidates the orders and get them to you.

Another question would be if you could give us a discount if i can gather more than 10 PTX orders?

Good job!

Last edited by Arahawak; 04-25-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Arahawak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:09 AM   #457
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, no problem If you need more information let me know.

Clone orders are custom built so we don't have discounts on them. There is a discount for 10+ non-cloned transponders if they are all the same type.

When shipping transponders to us it's best to have insurance and tracking for your package
Old 04-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #458
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

hey terry can you give me more information on "house transponder" replacements? I know a race director in need of about 10 of em, but being as it is, budget is tight (a charger for them would be needed as well if they are battery powered...). Thanks.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #459
Tech Elite

You still there, Terry?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #460
Tech Fanatic

We don't have "house transponder" replacements but the PTX can be used as a "personal house transponder" and hired out for the meeting then returned at the end. Not sure if that's what you're after?
Old 04-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #461
Tech Elite

well what might be the best option for a race director with dying and dead AMB "house" transponders that you offer? To me it sounds as if cloning his existing house transponders would be best? You guys are definately cheaper than AMB and he mentioned its pretty much $100 per transponder to get repaired/upgraded, i figure for the same amount you guys can provide enough cloned (or not) transponders so that he can rent them out and not worry about having enough between heats?
Old 05-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #462
Tech Fanatic

Well Syber I would say the best option for a race director with dying and dead AMB "house" transponders that we offer is to trade in for cloned PTX versions. If you're looking at pretty much $100 per transponder to get repaired/upgraded then a trade in deal would be attractive saving quite a lot of $$$. If your club is prepared to go 'all PT' then everything is fine. If you did want to keep running your house transponders you should look at the repair option from someone that can replace the batteries. We offer a battery replacement service over here in the UK, I guess there are similar services available in the US.

We're running a special offer for this month, all through May we have free return shipping on clone transponder orders. The offer makes a worthwhile saving on the normal costs, it's only available for normal shipping and does not include early return of original PT's (or RT "house" transponders) just mark 'RCTech FSO May08' as the promotional code on the order form. Taking advantage of the trade in offer would mean a total almost half the cost of taking the AMB option. All you need to do is get your dead and dying transponders shipped off to us!
Old 05-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #463
Tech Elite

thanks, terry. You may want to get in contact with the race director named Charlie to see if anything can be arranged, his email is...

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

(i suggest sending the email to both addresses, im not sure which one he checks more).
Old 05-30-2008, 09:51 AM   #464
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Few questions

Hello Terry S,

I'd like to order a PTX transponder and I have some questions.
1/ I already have an AMB PT, do I have to send you mine to be cloned?
2/ What is the price 47.5 or 37.5 (1 cloned MRT PTX transponder) I saw somewhere there is discount???
3/ How long will it take once you have receive my amb pt?
4/ When do I have to pay if I use paypal?

Regards,

hugo
Hugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:45 PM   #465
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo View Post
Hello Terry S,

I'd like to order a PTX transponder and I have some questions.
1/ I already have an AMB PT, do I have to send you mine to be cloned?
2/ What is the price 47.5 or 37.5 (1 cloned MRT PTX transponder) I saw somewhere there is discount???
3/ How long will it take once you have receive my amb pt?
4/ When do I have to pay if I use paypal?

Regards,

hugo
Terry will have to answer most of your questions, but I can help a little. Yes, you have to send your AMB in for cloning.

I currently own a few of the original iPTs, several of the shrinkwrapped PTXs and a few PTXs with the case. They all work great! The iPTs seem to have the strongest signal but they are all better than AMB transponders. If you run 1/12th the shrinkwrapped version is great because you can fit it in almost anywhere. I loan a lot of cars out so being able to change to a different PT number is a really good feature.

When I sent mine in it took about 3 weeks total turn-around from San Francisco.

take it from here Terry