R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #436
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Gary, if you cut the tabs off the base it's possible to order a new tab base from our online store at http://www.team-mrt.com/mrtwebshop/x16071.htm

If you remove the 4 small Phillips screws in the baseplate and then 'push and slide' the base will come off easily, it may be stuck to the waterproofing slightly but once off you should be able to fit/refit the base.

Great to hear you're getting on well with your transponders, fit and forget apart from remember your ID number
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:25 PM   #437
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks Terry! I figured you guys would have had this covered. The ability to go from tabbed to no tabs and back to tabbed...another thing you don't get from AMB!
Gary NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #438
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Gary,

He also has plates available without tabs... if you would rather go that route.
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #439
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Ed, I forgot mention to that!

Gary I should have said you can have a base without tabs.. they're here http://www.team-mrt.com/mrtwebshop/x16070.htm

Yes we've got the ability to go from no tabs to tabs and back to no tabs too.. another thing you don't get from AMB!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #440
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

i have never even heard of these before...sounds kool...whats the price look like for one shipped to the states...?

anybody that knows please pm me with the information..

thx much,
matt
Old 04-02-2008, 07:27 PM   #441
Tech Adept

is there a us distributor, because after i put 3 non custom ptx transponders in my cart, the shipping made it almost 90 dollars each.
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 08:24 PM   #442
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Follow the instructions... I think you will find there is free shipping right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S View Post
Limited Free Shipping Offer & Transponder Prices

We continue to keep our transponder prices low, but we have been faced with increases in our costs which means we are looking at possible ways to maintain the best prices (including continuing our free worldwide shipping offer) while keeping any price increases to a minimum. Please be aware that we will be reviewing prices in early April and that we can only hold prices and free shipping until the end of March 2008.

Transponder Orders & Price Hold

If you don't want to order right now but want to take advantage of the current prices visit www.rclaps.com print off/copy the clone order form and enter 'RCTECH PRICE HOLD' on the form with the current prices shown (use 'Promotional Code' line on the order form) or when you want to order online (before the end of March) enter 'RCTECH PRICE HOLD' in the rclaps store (use 'Additional Info' box on the checkout page) and online orders will be shipped later in April at the old price. Clone orders will be charged at the 'old price' only if the current version of the order form is used. Note it is possible to keep the form until you're ready to order at a later date.

Free Shipping Offer

Free shipping is only available for online cloned PTX re-orders and custom ID PTX orders from www.rclaps.com Free shipping is not available for first time clone orders where the clone order form is sent to us along with the original AMB PT. For these orders return shipping is charged to cover insurance costs. Free shipping is also not available for higher value multi-item orders.

Last edited by Ed Anderson; 04-03-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Ed Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #443
Tech Fanatic

Nothing has changed Ed, still free shipping!

The free shipping offer has no end date set but is a 'limited' offer, not applicable to new (first time) clone orders or for higher value multi-item orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teabag View Post
is there a us distributor, because after i put 3 non custom ptx transponders in my cart, the shipping made it almost 90 dollars each.
Hi teabag, not sure what you did to get that price, it's currently around $68US for a cased PTX and $60US for a shrink PTX. Prices vary with the $/ exchange rate. You should set the delivery location to be the US or the prices will show with UK VAT (17.5% sales tax) added, I think that's why you got the higher price!

US prices are $60 to $68 including shipping. 'New' cloned transponders are $75 plus shipping
(see order form at www.rclaps.com)
Old 04-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #444
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

How long are you guys finding they take to get from the US to UK. I sent mine Priority International and the post office said 6-8 days. After 11 days it still hasnt arrived. I called the main post office to find out more and they said it could take until the 15th (18 days total) to get there. Is that typical?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:28 AM   #445
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just got mine of the 7th and I ordered on the 24th so that is about 2 weeks
Hope that helps
lightwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:40 AM   #446
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I am sure this has been asked before but I am not finding my answer at the moment...

I do not want to send in my AMB transponder to be cloned. I do want to order one of these with a different number. So what do I order and what is the cost? I am looking to get the one with the case but no tabs. All I see on the site is PTX custom and PTX...

What should I be ordering?
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Just ordered one yesterday. I look forward to checking it out.
tschenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #448
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What's the turn-around time approximately for sending in PT's to be cloned?
suprdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #449
Tech Fanatic

Hi Travis, if you've not got an answer yet the basic PTX without mounting tabs is HERE

You need to click on 'Buy' then select your country on the checkout page to see the correct prices, UK prices inc 17.5% VAT sales tax are shown unless you use the delivery location 'country selector' dropdown.

We have been receiving a few incorrect orders which causes a delay with despatch. Please make sure your details are correct and complete on the checkout page and make sure your email address is valid/verified ok so we can complete orders without problems.

Any information that's needed or any questions please contact me by email at [email protected]

Hi suprdave, the turn-around is about a week to 10 days with us plus the shipping time back to you. It can take a few days with airmail deliveries depending on your country, most times it's about a week or just over.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:43 AM   #450
Tech Fanatic

Please remember if you're ordering a clone of an original AMBrc transponder you need to send it to us along with the order form at www.rclaps.com

The online webshop ordering is for non cloned PTX transponders and clone PTX re-orders only.