R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-11-2007, 07:18 AM   #316
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Regarding ID numbers only AMB know what numbers exist so we can't just have 'new' numbers as we don't know what numbers are already being used or will be used in the future. If it's possible to change to another number to avoid a conflict (if or when it may happen) there's no problem. With generic ID numbers it's the same as the old AMB20 system all having the same 10 (or 20) numbers from 1 to 10, or now with AMBrc rechargeable transponders being in a set of 10 ID numbers and having the last digit of the 7 digit ID# ending with 1 to 0 for the numbers 1 to 10.

Generic ID numbers are useful if you want to run enduro type racing with teams all on the same number, all the team members just set their PTX transponders to the same 'team' number so they all count for their teams laps when they take their turn to race. Some small clubs with 20 members or less don't need anything more than 10 or 20 transponders so they use them like normal PT's with each one on a different ID#. Some clubs loan out personal transponders instead of rechargeable transponders, the PTX can be set to whatever ID# (last digit) that's needed and the software recognises the number between 1 & 10 the same as handout/house TP's.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:50 AM   #317
Tech Fanatic

New PTX versions + Free Shipping Offer

available now from: www.rclaps.com

(Note delivery of orders is scheduled to commence during January 2008)

The new custom/cloned PTX versions are now available to order and have free shipping. Also from Dec 14th (today) until Dec 31st the prices for the new versions have a 5% discount (same as the normal quantity discount price for 10+ transponders). In addition to the new custom/cloned tab or no tab cased 'stealth' versions there is also the new micro-size 'shrink' PTX plus a purple LED is a new option for the custom/cloned PTX versions.

The discount prices and the free shipping does not apply to cloned PTX transponder orders where the original PT is sent to us for cloning along with an order form (pricing is as on the form) if we've already had the AMB PT sent to us previously then additional custom/cloned transponders can be ordered online without using a form. Shipping charges will still apply to orders which include original PT's being returned and also on higher value/multiple item orders.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:10 PM   #318
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the improved ordering process. I just ordered another one.
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #319
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yikes, those are like $80 USD. Have to think about that for awhile.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:35 PM   #320
Tech Fanatic

They would be cheaper if the USD hadn't devalued to the Euro.
trailranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:14 AM   #321
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by James35 View Post
Thanks for the improved ordering process. I just ordered another one.
Thanks James, we thought the improvements would be a help especially with ordering customised transponders.

Stealth_RT the cheapest PTX is around $59US with the 5% discount and free shipping. The prices you're looking at are for the 'custom cloned PTX' which has a choice of LED colour and lead length etc (they're custom built from details supplied on the order form). The current value of the US$ does effect the prices, they can go up.. or down!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:26 AM   #322
Tech Master

For $59USD, I'd buy one. www.rclaps.com isn't giving the option to buy a PTX that isn't a clone though.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:28 PM   #323
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

yeah how would i go about finding a way to purchase one for $59? I want one, but couldnt figure out the option or anything...
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:28 PM   #324
Tech Fanatic

The 'shrink' PTX versions are the lowest priced PTX transponders, currently about $59US for a standard version. In addition there are cased PTX versions with or without mounting tabs that have a standard Blue LED and a standard lead length. There's also custom built versions without or with tabs (same spacing as AMB holes) or a custom built 'shrink' PTX, these versions all have a choice of LED colour and lead length. Using the dropdowns on the custom product pages you can select the custom options required.

If we already have your original AMB transponder ID# (if you have previously sent your PT to us to be cloned) then you can order a cloned PTX with your own cloned ID#. You can order PTX cloned versions by selecting the 'Cloned' option on the 'Transponder Type Custom / Cloned*' dropdown on the custom product pages and you should also read the 'cloned PT ID#' note (which highlights that you must use the PTX order form found at www.rclaps.com and send it to us along with your original PT for cloning).
Old 12-16-2007, 04:04 AM   #325
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

how durable are the shrink ones? I race off-road and on-road but all outdoors...

so yeah, about $59usd lookin at the shrink ones and the other two (which are better overall it seems to be) are at 67.64usd. Hmmm...

how long is the free shipping offer going to last?
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:21 AM   #326
Tech Fanatic

The shrink versions are durable but are not waterproof/fuelproof (they don't have a sealed case) we recommend they are used for indoor racing. The cased versions are 100% waterproof and fuelproof. The free shipping offer is for a limited period, it will continue
for the next 2 to 3 months or so.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:25 AM   #327
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT View Post
For $59USD, I'd buy one. www.rclaps.com isn't giving the option to buy a PTX that isn't a clone though.
Hi Stealth_RT, there was an incorrect product label saying 'cloned' when it should have been 'custom/cloned' for either a custom or cloned version. The offending page has been corrected now, apologies for the error!
Old 12-16-2007, 04:23 PM   #328
Tech Master

Would the shrink version be OK in my elec. RC8, if I put it inside the receiver box along with the micro DSM receiver?
Old 12-17-2007, 03:37 AM   #329
Tech Fanatic

We're recommending that the shink version is only used for indoor racing, but if it's in a sealed waterproof and dirt proof receiver box or something similar giving the PTX protection it should be ok. We don't want anyone with their PTX messed up and having problems.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:00 AM   #330
Tech Regular

Hey Terry, I just wanted to stop in and say hi and thanks. Your transponders are awsome. I was at the Cleveland Nationals and there were lots of people missing laps because they had to rearrange the scoring booth and the loop ended up being to far appart. I didn't miss 1 lap all week. In my main me and this guy were battling for the lead the whole race. I won the race but when we went to see the lap times his car missed 3 laps and mine not 1. Best money spent. Thanks for the killer product.
BSR Tires / www.bsr-racing.com
panther420 is offline   Reply With Quote