R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2007, 11:39 AM   #256
Tech Fanatic
 
James35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 750
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Terry,
Our loop is under the track. If I mount this PTX upside down, will the signal strength be weakened? In otherwords, is the signal transmitter designed to fire down?
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:58 AM   #257
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hi James, the signal is transmitted from the top and bottom of the transponder via an internal aerial loop which runs around the edge of the circuit board inside the case. It's the same for the original AMB PT, the i-PT and the PTX. It will work the same either way up, it's the same if the transponder is mounted the right way up or upside down.

The signal is much weaker from the sides and ends of the transponder so it's definately not a good idea to mount it any way other than horizontally. The signal is also weakened by carbon fibre (ie chassis etc) so for the strongest signal the transponder should have a clear unobstructed opening to the loop around the whole case.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:05 PM   #258
Tech Champion
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,820
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

when will these be available ??
__________________
Island Raceway & Hobby
Jason Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:37 PM   #259
Tech Addict
 
Nathan Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
when will these be available ??
now
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #260
Tech Master
 
Bobby Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hi Terry

I sent you a PM to answer some questions but I have a suggestion to make that might be very helfpul.

After reading this entire thread there is one drawback that I see coming up over and over again. Shipping the original AMB PT to you in the UK so you can 'read' or upload the signal from the PT. Would it be worthwhile to set someone up in the U.S. with the required equipment to read or scan the signal? After that is done, can the signal be saved to a file and then sent to you by some secure means? I.E. FTP site. I notice that once someone sends you their PT and you 'read' the signal or number that you have it stored away. This leads me to believe saving the signal to a file of some kind is possible.

This would allow U.S. customers the option of shipping their PT to someone in the U.S. for scanning, with a much quicker turnaround, and may allow more drivers the option of buying the PTX with the cloned # option.

If this is all possible, I volunteer and I'm sure we could work out a very amicable arrangement to cover the time requied to fulfill this duty.
Bobby Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:36 PM   #261
Tech Fanatic
 
vabroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: dark side of the moon
Posts: 936
Default

Question: What service or class of mail are you guys using from the US?
vabroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #262
Tech Elite
 
rdub202's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: TeamAcademy/MRC, MI
Posts: 2,359
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rdub202
Default Terry ygpm

Terry, you have a PM

thank you
__________________
_|Team Academy GV2 Pro_|_Team Academy SBV2 Pro|_--->Losi xxxbK2 (FOR SALE)
_|Factory Tracks Midwest Series_|_www.factorytracks.com|_
_|Team Upgrade-RCid_|_www.upgrade-rc.com|_
_|MRC/Team Academy_|_www.modelrec.com|_
rdub202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:03 PM   #263
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
Default

do they still make a transponder that works with amb 20 . the one that you can change from 1 thru 10 ? please
BIGSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:09 PM   #264
Tech Addict
 
Nathan Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSAM View Post
do they still make a transponder that works with amb 20 . the one that you can change from 1 thru 10 ? please
yes
Nathan Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 PM   #265
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8
Default

thanks nathan. i see that terrys place sells them but they seem to be out of stock dose any body know when their going to be ready to buy ? thanks sammy
BIGSAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #266
Tech Fanatic
 
James35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 750
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Terry, can we order a spare bottom PTX plate? Being able to switch between tabs and no tabs would be great!
James35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #267
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Z View Post
Hi Terry

I sent you a PM to answer some questions but I have a suggestion to make that might be very helfpul.

After reading this entire thread there is one drawback that I see coming up over and over again. Shipping the original AMB PT to you in the UK so you can 'read' or upload the signal from the PT. Would it be worthwhile to set someone up in the U.S. with the required equipment to read or scan the signal? After that is done, can the signal be saved to a file and then sent to you by some secure means? I.E. FTP site. I notice that once someone sends you their PT and you 'read' the signal or number that you have it stored away. This leads me to believe saving the signal to a file of some kind is possible.

This would allow U.S. customers the option of shipping their PT to someone in the U.S. for scanning, with a much quicker turnaround, and may allow more drivers the option of buying the PTX with the cloned # option.

If this is all possible, I volunteer and I'm sure we could work out a very amicable arrangement to cover the time requied to fulfill this duty.
Hi Bobby, YGPM. Please PM with your CV re the above, it is a possibility.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:17 PM   #268
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
Question: What service or class of mail are you guys using from the US?
Hi vabroom, we receive most shipments from the US via USPS with tracking and loss/damage insurance included.

.

Hi rdub202, YGPM!

.

Hi BIGSAM, YGPM.. the answer is yes we still make the T1-10 transponder for the AMB20 system. Product details on our main web page @ www.team-mrt.com (scroll down the page).
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:12 AM   #269
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by James35 View Post
Terry, can we order a spare bottom PTX plate? Being able to switch between tabs and no tabs would be great!
Hi James, yes spare base plates are available as well as screw sets and leads. It's easy to switch between tabs and no tabs, just unscrew the base and change it.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:30 AM   #270
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hi Nathan, thanks for your help replying to the transponder questions!
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMB Personal Transponder biker R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 10-02-2007 10:18 PM
WTB: Turbo 35 BL or Stealth, and AMB personal Transponder Beamer#2 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 08-02-2005 09:55 AM
AMB personal transponder racerx75034 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 01-18-2005 10:52 PM
AMB personal transponder jrighter R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 01-18-2005 12:06 PM
AMB Personal Transponder TRAJ R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 12-18-2004 08:29 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:43 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net