Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals >

2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals

2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals

Old 05-23-2007, 08:19 PM
  #16  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
RedRocketRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Woodinville,Wa
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I have ran bothe RP 30's and 36's at SIR and you don't have to do much for set up change with either tire. The differance will be tire warmers. Bothe will work and work well. How much heat you put into them will be the differance. We ran 36's at the 24 hour enduro and just putting on new tires and running them they would hook up in just a few laps. Without tire warmers.

I ran 30's this last week in 6 minute heats and they Never Faded. Grip was pretty equal the entire run. Car carved really well at high speed into the corners. Practice with either tire because it is all in the prep of the tire.

I was also using FX. Tires are really sensative to compound at SIR. Tweak and Buggy Grip and popular too. I never tried Ground Effect wiht the RP's but the Sorex tires love it.

RedRocket
RedRocketRacing is offline  
Old 05-24-2007, 10:42 AM
  #17  
Tech Addict
 
westerdude42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Bellevue Wa.
Posts: 637
Default

Food at this event is gonna be awsome and inexpensive, more to come.
westerdude42 is offline  
Old 05-29-2007, 11:47 AM
  #18  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Updated original post, hand out tire compound is selected!
Anthony.L is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 11:29 AM
  #19  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,533
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

can't believe i found this post at the bottom of page two,

anyone planning on coming besides the 20 guys that are preregistered on the roar site. yea yea, i know i haven't registered yet but i will.

i know most are coming down after the reedy race, but lets get a little excited about this one too.
skypilot is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 12:53 PM
  #20  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
fjm9898's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 3,003
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

i know about 5 guys besides me that are coming but have yet to sign up. i just think people wanna hold on to their money for a bit longer.

quick question, is the type of tire sause open or are we limited to only using one type?
fjm9898 is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:29 PM
  #21  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fjm9898
quick question, is the type of tire sause open or are we limited to only using one type?
Good question, and something I actually forgot in my main post. Tire compound is open to any available brand/type.

If you come down for a club race you will see there is a very wide variety used in the pits. Unlike carpet having varing types of compounds on the asphalt surface does not yield a negative effect.
Anthony.L is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 02:08 PM
  #22  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Good question, and something I actually forgot in my main post. Tire compound is open to any available brand/type.

If you come down for a club race you will see there is a very wide variety used in the pits. Unlike carpet having varing types of compounds on the asphalt surface does not yield a negative effect.

I'm hoping no paragon...just my two cents
Goingfast is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 02:25 PM
  #23  
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: ROAR HAD ME BANNED FROM RC TECH.
Posts: 2,025
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The place for it's size has pretty decent ventilation and you really do not get the Paragon smell since there is nothing for it to really 'soak' into. It's fine.
Desolas is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 03:58 PM
  #24  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Goingfast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,457
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Desolas
The place for it's size has pretty decent ventilation and you really do not get the Paragon smell since there is nothing for it to really 'soak' into. It's fine.
Sound to me that you don't have the problem with the stuff like ohter people do...It's not the smell the is bad it is the fume the cause illness to people health....

if you pit next to paragon user or sitting between them ,I'm sure you will smell it all there.....
Goingfast is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 04:20 PM
  #25  
Tech Master
 
STARSCREAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,351
Default

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Sound to me that you don't have the problem with the stuff like ohter people do...It's not the smell the is bad it is the fume the cause illness to people health....

if you pit next to paragon user or sitting between them ,I'm sure you will smell it all there.....
.

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 05-30-2007 at 06:03 PM.
STARSCREAM is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 04:21 PM
  #26  
Tech Master
 
Charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: I'm All Over The Place
Posts: 1,160
Default

On the schedule you have open practice on Tuesday, followed by Track Change, does that happen after you close at 6?
Charlie is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 05:15 PM
  #27  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Charlie
On the schedule you have open practice on Tuesday, followed by Track Change, does that happen after you close at 6?
Yup! That way we don't close during the day to do the track change and rob a day of practice from everyone. It means a late night for us Tuesday, but that's ok.
Anthony.L is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 05:17 PM
  #28  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Goingfast
Sound to me that you don't have the problem with the stuff like ohter people do...It's not the smell the is bad it is the fume the cause illness to people health....

if you pit next to paragon user or sitting between them ,I'm sure you will smell it all there.....
Please PM me with any personal concerns like this so I can address them. I don't want to turn this thread into a public debate on the risks of certain traction compounds.

Thanks
Anthony.L is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 05:41 PM
  #29  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Posts: 3,273
Default

Entry Flyer for the 2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals to be held at Seattle Indoor Raceway.

Deadline for entry is approaching quickly and tires in handout classes must be preordered. Additional tires for racing will not be available at the event.

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...Entry_Form.pdf
Dawn Sanchez is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 05:44 PM
  #30  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Entry Flyer for the 2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals to be held at Seattle Indoor Raceway.

Deadline for entry is approaching quickly and tires in handout classes must be preordered. Additional tires for racing will not be available at the event.

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...Entry_Form.pdf
I'm assuming you're just automatically going to order up the 10 extra per class for the A-mains?
HarshGuy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.