R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-23-2007, 08:19 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have ran bothe RP 30's and 36's at SIR and you don't have to do much for set up change with either tire. The differance will be tire warmers. Bothe will work and work well. How much heat you put into them will be the differance. We ran 36's at the 24 hour enduro and just putting on new tires and running them they would hook up in just a few laps. Without tire warmers.

I ran 30's this last week in 6 minute heats and they Never Faded. Grip was pretty equal the entire run. Car carved really well at high speed into the corners. Practice with either tire because it is all in the prep of the tire.

I was also using FX. Tires are really sensative to compound at SIR. Tweak and Buggy Grip and popular too. I never tried Ground Effect wiht the RP's but the Sorex tires love it.

RedRocket

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:42 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Food at this event is gonna be awsome and inexpensive, more to come.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Updated original post, hand out tire compound is selected!
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 11:29 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

can't believe i found this post at the bottom of page two,

anyone planning on coming besides the 20 guys that are preregistered on the roar site. yea yea, i know i haven't registered yet but i will.

i know most are coming down after the reedy race, but lets get a little excited about this one too.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i know about 5 guys besides me that are coming but have yet to sign up. i just think people wanna hold on to their money for a bit longer.

quick question, is the type of tire sause open or are we limited to only using one type?
Old 05-30-2007, 01:29 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjm9898
quick question, is the type of tire sause open or are we limited to only using one type?
Good question, and something I actually forgot in my main post. Tire compound is open to any available brand/type.

If you come down for a club race you will see there is a very wide variety used in the pits. Unlike carpet having varing types of compounds on the asphalt surface does not yield a negative effect.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:08 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Good question, and something I actually forgot in my main post. Tire compound is open to any available brand/type.

If you come down for a club race you will see there is a very wide variety used in the pits. Unlike carpet having varing types of compounds on the asphalt surface does not yield a negative effect.

I'm hoping no paragon...just my two cents
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #23

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The place for it's size has pretty decent ventilation and you really do not get the Paragon smell since there is nothing for it to really 'soak' into. It's fine.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:58 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolas
The place for it's size has pretty decent ventilation and you really do not get the Paragon smell since there is nothing for it to really 'soak' into. It's fine.
Sound to me that you don't have the problem with the stuff like ohter people do...It's not the smell the is bad it is the fume the cause illness to people health....

if you pit next to paragon user or sitting between them ,I'm sure you will smell it all there.....
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:20 PM   #25
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfast
Sound to me that you don't have the problem with the stuff like ohter people do...It's not the smell the is bad it is the fume the cause illness to people health....

if you pit next to paragon user or sitting between them ,I'm sure you will smell it all there.....

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 05-30-2007 at 06:03 PM.
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:21 PM   #26
Tech Master

On the schedule you have open practice on Tuesday, followed by Track Change, does that happen after you close at 6?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:15 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie
On the schedule you have open practice on Tuesday, followed by Track Change, does that happen after you close at 6?
Yup! That way we don't close during the day to do the track change and rob a day of practice from everyone. It means a late night for us Tuesday, but that's ok.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingfast

Please PM me with any personal concerns like this so I can address them. I don't want to turn this thread into a public debate on the risks of certain traction compounds.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Entry Flyer for the 2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals to be held at Seattle Indoor Raceway.

Deadline for entry is approaching quickly and tires in handout classes must be preordered. Additional tires for racing will not be available at the event.

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...Entry_Form.pdf
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Entry Flyer for the 2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals to be held at Seattle Indoor Raceway.

Deadline for entry is approaching quickly and tires in handout classes must be preordered. Additional tires for racing will not be available at the event.

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...Entry_Form.pdf
I'm assuming you're just automatically going to order up the 10 extra per class for the A-mains?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote