R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-19-2007, 11:12 AM   #151
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSCREAM View Post
as most of you know I have been racing for 20 years now...

and I cant say enough about how cool SIR is!!!the track is so fun to race on!!!

It is in a new building, has clean bathrooms, a great positive owner and staff, and the best chili-cheese nachos I have ever had!!!

FOR THE FACTORY TEAMS: you guys get the SIR pit area! it has a projected screen on the main wall showing what is going on on the track, and TV's on either side of the screen with speed-channel going most of the time...

the main pits for this race will be very nice! and way closer to the track then pitting in your room at a hotel race like snowbirds or cleveland...

just trust me everyone...if you miss this one you will regret it after you hear how awesome it was!!!!

its breaks my heart that I wont be able to race at Nats....I have to work that week but thats the way life goes...

and my offer still stands for any outa towners that need a place to stay for the Nats! I have room for 2! just shoot me a pm...

Maybell
ive made the trip the past two years to race their TCS event. it is definitely the cleanest and friendliest environment i've been in.

Top notch facility. I cant wait to get back up there to race. Is it March yet?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #152
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy View Post
Any word on when the entry list will be updated?

Our timing and scoring person was at a national this past week. Just arrived home last night. I'm sure he'll update later today.

Dawn
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSCREAM View Post
as most of you know I have been racing for 20 years now...

and I cant say enough about how cool SIR is!!!the track is so fun to race on!!!

It is in a new building, has clean bathrooms, a great positive owner and staff, and the best chili-cheese nachos I have ever had!!!

FOR THE FACTORY TEAMS: you guys get the SIR pit area! it has a projected screen on the main wall showing what is going on on the track, and TV's on either side of the screen with speed-channel going most of the time...

the main pits for this race will be very nice! and way closer to the track then pitting in your room at a hotel race like snowbirds or cleveland...

just trust me everyone...if you miss this one you will regret it after you hear how awesome it was!!!!

its breaks my heart that I wont be able to race at Nats....I have to work that week but thats the way life goes...

and my offer still stands for any outa towners that need a place to stay for the Nats! I have room for 2! just shoot me a pm...

Maybell
So is this in the extra building rented for the event? Or in the same building as the track?
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #154
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well... there is the track and the immediate building where all of our clubs races are held, the race shop, refreshments and such. Thats is where all the factory guys will be pitting from what I understand.

Then a two doors down is where everyone else will pit. Doug rented extra space in the building to make sure everyone was comfortable and not packed in like sardines (well more so than any other national event... since they are all pretty crammed)... because that would pretty much suck.

Not sure what other arrangments he has made, but you can be assured that there will be pit space .

-Korey
Old 06-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Well... there is the track and the immediate building where all of our clubs races are held, the race shop, refreshments and such. Thats is where all the factory guys will be pitting from what I understand.

Then a two doors down is where everyone else will pit. Doug rented extra space in the building to make sure everyone was comfortable and not packed in like sardines (well more so than any other national event... since they are all pretty crammed)... because that would pretty much suck.

Not sure what other arrangments he has made, but you can be assured that there will be pit space .

-Korey
Yea that's what I had understood (that there was a seperate building beeing rented for the nationals) ...so I was just clarifying what was said i.e. us non factory guys will be in the extra building ...kind of a bummber I like to pit as close to the track as possible. I understand why it has to be done, but still kind of bummed about it ...that's kewl though, we'll just make sure all the kewl parties and fun happen on the "other side of the tracks".

....hey I have a suggestion, how about letting people pit in the track building based on when they signed up, as a way to reward those that signed up early
Old 06-19-2007, 01:36 PM   #156
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

jeez harsh, you sure take your pit space seriously.

you guys should see him at the local track. if he doesn't get his exact spot, or pit too close to him, he gets all pouty and acts like a 3 year old.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussB View Post

you guys should see him at the local track. if he doesn't get his exact spot, or pit too close to him, he gets all pouty and acts like a 3 year old.
LOL ...well like I said I just like beeing as close to the track so I can watch the action and racing lines while I'm wrenching or just kickin back.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:42 PM   #158
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
...he gets all pouty and acts like a 3 year old.
geee...and I thought that was "just the way he is" all this time....
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:46 PM   #159
Tech Elite

Quote:

...hmmm ....Mr. $1.00 a text message plan, I think I'll test out my new 10,000 text messages a minute program I wrote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #160
Tech Addict

Quote:
...hmmm ....Mr. $1.00 a text message plan, I think I'll test out my new 10,000 text messages a minute program I wrote
how about i make it not snow in tahoe next winter and you and your ticket website will be up shit creek without a paddle?
Old 06-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #161
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Yea that's what I had understood (that there was a seperate building beeing rented for the nationals) ...so I was just clarifying what was said i.e. us non factory guys will be in the extra building ...kind of a bummber I like to pit as close to the track as possible. I understand why it has to be done, but still kind of bummed about it ...that's kewl though, we'll just make sure all the kewl parties and fun happen on the "other side of the tracks".

....hey I have a suggestion, how about letting people pit in the track building based on when they signed up, as a way to reward those that signed up early
I get to pit near the track
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #162
Tech Addict

harsh, can "team gearchart.com" do something (event sponsorship?) about getting into the team pit area?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #163
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think that the factory teams should pit in the separate building.
After all, the rest of us independents are the ones supporting the factories to be able to field their teams.
We are the customers, and the customer does come first, right?
C_O_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #164
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Harsh depending on entries is where the pitting will go. We are reserving space for the teams based on what they ask for in the contacts Doug has sent out. If we have room after that we will seat as many as possible in the main pits and then into the overflow area. We also have our regulars that have pits they rent out and if we can let them stay in their regular spot we would like to do that also.

To give some more spectating room we are looking at pulling 1 full pit table run out so we can get more people trackside. Those pit spaces were mine and a few of the people who run the facility along with those who built the track originally.

We have not seen the updated entry list as Dawn said they were out of town for another National event so hopefully today or tomorrow we'll see the updates.

Russ-yes for those companies who have sponsored we are giving them first choice of pit spaces. We are basing it on first to sponsor first choice on spaces.

Right now that is X-Ray, Much More, Tekin and Tamiya. If anyone else firmed something up in the last day or so then I have not gotten the info. If you get a chance thank the above companies for helping support the National Event.
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:04 PM   #165
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Doug... or SIR folks...

give me a call?

Thanks!
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote