Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2007 ROAR ON ROAD ELECTRIC NATIONALS - *** VENUE CHANGE *** >

2007 ROAR ON ROAD ELECTRIC NATIONALS - *** VENUE CHANGE ***

2007 ROAR ON ROAD ELECTRIC NATIONALS - *** VENUE CHANGE ***

Old 05-17-2007, 09:32 PM
  #31  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
WOW...this should double the size of the race!! Maybe there will be 50 guys there now Stock TC has 4 guys signed up as of 5/16/07. Nothing at all against SIR but 8 second laps in Mod are going to be fun to watch at the Nats!!

Good luck with this one.

EA
For the record, mod laps times will be higher then 8 seconds. My guess is 10's will be the fastest with most in the 11's. Between now and then we will be running some mod testing and let you guys know.

Our race layout lengths lately have been in the range of 320-340ft for a complete lap. All lanes are 8ft wide!
Anthony.L is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:35 PM
  #32  
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
For the record, mod laps times will be higher then 8 seconds. My guess is 10's will be the fastest with most in the 11's. Between now and then we will be running some mod testing and let you guys know.

Our race layout lengths lately have been in the range of 320-340ft for a complete lap. All lanes are 8ft wide!
8 seconds was possible & bout right when I practice mod there ....
Wild Cherry is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:37 PM
  #33  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
8 seconds was possible & bout right when I practice mod there ....
That was before we removed the berms. The track is completely different now.
Anthony.L is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:44 PM
  #34  
Team EAM
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,498
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
For the record, mod laps times will be higher then 8 seconds. My guess is 10's will be the fastest with most in the 11's. Between now and then we will be running some mod testing and let you guys know.

Our race layout lengths lately have been in the range of 320-340ft for a complete lap. All lanes are 8ft wide!
OK. Thats good to hear then! Hopefully it works out best for SIR and the racers involved!

EA

P.S. For the Nats Roar requires 10ft lanes fwiw
EAMotorsports is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:51 PM
  #35  
Tech Apprentice
 
RacingStorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 59
Default

I hope everyone who goes to this event has a great time, but I am soo glad I procrastinated with my entry. The track and facility is way to small from my perspective to be holding a national event. That said, I think it might be a great place to be a spectator, there will be some nasty crashes...
RacingStorm is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:56 PM
  #36  
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,679
Default

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
to answer concerns:

the track will sustain easily 150 to 180 entrys with indoor and outdoor pitting, PA announcing and facilities to accomodate. The track size is ample for this event.

Yes, I checked.

Problem is, with the necessity of the change, it was imperative racers did not have to change flight arrangements or cancel the event. Thank you to Seattle Indoor Raceway for stepping up to ensure quality racing to our members for this prestigious national event.

also, all four RC magazines have been contacted of which two I spoke to personally and two I left messages.

Entry flyers coming in the next few weeks, I will phone call (so please, make them legible... LOL) to ensure the racer knows of the change.

Dawn Sanchez

Are any of the magazines planning on attending. There was not magazine coverage for the ROAR Carpet Nationals. This takes away a lot value.
Todd Hodge is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 PM
  #37  
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,679
Default

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
WOW...this should double the size of the race!! Maybe there will be 50 guys there now Stock TC has 4 guys signed up as of 5/16/07. Nothing at all against SIR but 8 second laps in Mod are going to be fun to watch at the Nats!!

Good luck with this one.

EA

This looks like an excellent event for ROAR to try an exhibition 5 cell mod class. This would get me out of 19T
Todd Hodge is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 09:59 PM
  #38  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,819
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RacingStorm
I hope everyone who goes to this event has a great time, but I am soo glad I procrastinated with my entry. The track and facility is way to small from my perspective to be holding a national event. That said, I think it might be a great place to be a spectator, there will be some nasty crashes...
That's too bad, you're gonna miss out on some of the coolest racing on the planet. If Nat's comes close to the way the Tamiya Regionals were, everyone is gonna have a blast!!
JayBee is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:00 PM
  #39  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RacingStorm
I hope everyone who goes to this event has a great time, but I am soo glad I procrastinated with my entry. The track and facility is way to small from my perspective to be holding a national event. That said, I think it might be a great place to be a spectator, there will be some nasty crashes...
I really don't understand where this rumor has started, mostly from people who have never raced at SIR I believe. The track is not any smaller then most of the carpet tracks that hold national level events each year. Is it assumed by people because it's asphalt that is needs to be outdoor and VERY large? I would tend to disagree.
Anthony.L is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:01 PM
  #40  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Anthony.L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 2,874
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Are any of the magazines planning on attending. There was not magazine coverage for the ROAR Carpet Nationals. This takes away a lot value.
The boys from Xtreme RC visited our track and covered a 24hr Enduro we held here in the past. They had a blast and sure will be back for this race.
Anthony.L is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:01 PM
  #41  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Botch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NEXT CALLER!
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
also, all four RC magazines have been contacted of which two I spoke to personally and two I left messages.


Dawn Sanchez

Looks like it, well, hopefully.
Botch is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:05 PM
  #42  
Team EAM
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,498
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
This looks like an excellent event for ROAR to try an exhibition 5 cell mod class. This would get me out of 19T
Very true there!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:09 PM
  #43  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Are any of the magazines planning on attending. There was not magazine coverage for the ROAR Carpet Nationals. This takes away a lot value.
No magazines at all?
HarshGuy is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:10 PM
  #44  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I just booked my hotel 07/06 - 07/13 (same dates I had at the Marysville hotel), I booked this one:

1. Townplace Sts-Seattle Southcenter
18123 72nd Ave S, Kent, WA (0.33 miles away)
253-796-6000


So is it really only 3/10th's of a mile from the track? Would we be able to leave our gear at the track and just walk to/from? Any good places to eat/drink around there? ...I guess I'm trying to figure out if I even need to rent a car at this point.
HarshGuy is offline  
Old 05-17-2007, 10:11 PM
  #45  
Tech Master
 
rchoudini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kent, Wa,
Posts: 1,813
Default

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
www.seattleindoorraceway.com

at the bottom is a map to the track

as for track details, Doug will answer those.
This detail is 1st.
the track size is 50 x 88. This copmares to Peel-it at 95 x48

Anyone who has raced here before, can tell you it's always fun. This event will be no different.
RACE ON
rchoudini is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.