R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-18-2007, 10:41 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If it ain't broke don't fix it, there are some differences though, no damper tubes from what I can see, it looks an awful lot like the Hammer T-12, Hara, and Moore, drove at IFMAR Worlds last year from what I remember
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

looks like the battery strap system was something
borrowed from the Kawada M300x 1/12th

SPEEDTECH|FUTABA|KO|ORION|SPEEDWORLD|HARA
rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 12:40 PM   #18
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old 05-18-2007, 02:05 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFR

Caster is going to be easier to change. It is probally going to be harder to get right.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow I like the idea of quick caster change and i dont think it will be to hard to get right as long as the screw doesnt strip out you should be fine
Old 05-18-2007, 03:05 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-zombies
looks like the battery strap system was something
borrowed from the Kawada M300x 1/12th

The battery brace looks similar to the battery brace for the Cyclone D4
savageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #22
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestyV32
Wow I like the idea of quick caster change and i dont think it will be to hard to get right as long as the screw doesnt strip out you should be fine
unfortunately you cant adjust your reactive castor that way without effecting the static castor.the reason for this is that when you raise or lower 1 side of the block and leave 1 side fixed to pivot around,it will move the upper arm as you rotate the castor block.this will decrease castor to 0 degree static just by changing to 10 degree reactive.this will not work unless you run the reactive castor setting it was designed to
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
unfortunately you cant adjust your reactive castor that way without effecting the static castor.the reason for this is that when you raise or lower 1 side of the block and leave 1 side fixed to pivot around,it will move the upper arm as you rotate the castor block.this will decrease castor to 0 degree static just by changing to 10 degree reactive.this will not work unless you run the reactive castor setting it was designed to
Firstly I think those caster blocks only have 2 positions...reactive and standard.
Secondly I bet that the little caster clip that is hanging behind the caster block is to rememdy the situation protc3 talks about. Im guessing that when you use the blocks in reactive mode that you leave the clip in the back (or off), and when you swing the caster block back up to standard mode you then use the clip in the front......or something similar.

Im just happy to see someone else making AE compatible molded parts. From what I keep hearing about AE supply situation this should be a great thing.

Im just sad that they didnt update their old skool double wishbone front end with new plastics,,,, still the best pancar front end ever made!
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:13 AM   #24
Tech Lord

there is alot of movement in the upper arm when you swing the castor block.there is 2 positions and there is not alot of castor in these front ends.you would need alot of shimming area to do this.this has been attempted before and the same problem existed.you needed to run 1 position for it to work properly.you have 4 degrees of castor at most to mess with in the standard adjustment.you lose 3 degrees just by going from 5 degrees to 10 dergees of reactive castor.this will give you 1 degree of static castor going the wrong way just by changing.so now the best you can achieve is 1 degree.in order to do this adjustment you would need to rotate the block around its center and move it slightly back at the same time.
im all for new technology but i have seen this done and it does not work in both positions.it is possible but not like this.
J Concepts
Old 05-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to floodo1 Send a message via AIM to floodo1 Send a message via Yahoo to floodo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3
there is alot of movement in the upper arm when you swing the castor block.there is 2 positions and there is not alot of castor in these front ends.you would need alot of shimming area to do this.this has been attempted before and the same problem existed.you needed to run 1 position for it to work properly.you have 4 degrees of castor at most to mess with in the standard adjustment.you lose 3 degrees just by going from 5 degrees to 10 dergees of reactive castor.this will give you 1 degree of static castor going the wrong way just by changing.so now the best you can achieve is 1 degree.in order to do this adjustment you would need to rotate the block around its center and move it slightly back at the same time.
im all for new technology but i have seen this done and it does not work in both positions.it is possible but not like this.
hey guy, chex: you make the block have 7 degrees of caster at the most in the 5deg_reactive position, then you supply that clip in caster shim that is the equiv of 3 deg thick,,,,so that when you use the shim you can only have 4 deg max.
then when you drop the block down to 10deg_reactive position it has 1 deg of caster limit, until you pop the 3 deg shim out...giving you 4 deg limit.

Otherwise why would HPI have such a thick clip in caster shim in those pics????? that shim MUST compensate for the caster block being narrowed, which would give it a larger range of caster adjustment.

does that make sense?
floodo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #26
Tech Lord

it makes sense but you need ALOT of space for shim in order to achieve the castor setting.there is alot of arm movement when you change the angle of the castor block.the only way i can see it work is if there is enough offset to the arm itself.its hard to tell from the pic but it doesnt look like it.who knows?
J Concepts
Old 09-03-2007, 02:05 PM   #27
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Switch Blade

Any word on release? I see hotbodies has the manual online. Looking at the parts list they are going to offer a 2.5mm chassis. But the only thing I see that I dont like is that they make no mention of a 2.0mm t-bar. Hopefully the release more than the 1.6mm bar. Perhaps the AE bar will fit?

cheers
Old 09-03-2007, 02:39 PM   #28
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodo1 View Post
hey guy, chex: you make the block have 7 degrees of caster at the most in the 5deg_reactive position, then you supply that clip in caster shim that is the equiv of 3 deg thick,,,,so that when you use the shim you can only have 4 deg max.
then when you drop the block down to 10deg_reactive position it has 1 deg of caster limit, until you pop the 3 deg shim out...giving you 4 deg limit.

Otherwise why would HPI have such a thick clip in caster shim in those pics????? that shim MUST compensate for the caster block being narrowed, which would give it a larger range of caster adjustment.

does that make sense?

I dont know if you know, but Jason (protc3) has the BMI DB12R out now, and I will put money on it that the DB12R WILL blow the doors off the cyclone 12....... Dont get me wrong, Im a HB guy! I race a moore speed cyclone, But with saying he has a 12th out, he made the car, so I think he knows what he's talking about...
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Anybody know what the wheelbase is on the Cyclone 12? I wouldn't be surprised if it's longer than a 12L4 to accommodate today's faster motors.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 03:17 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch Blade View Post
Any word on release? I see hotbodies has the manual online. Looking at the parts list they are going to offer a 2.5mm chassis. But the only thing I see that I dont like is that they make no mention of a 2.0mm t-bar. Hopefully the release more than the 1.6mm bar. Perhaps the AE bar will fit?

cheers
already got mine at home. shoot Masa an email (rc champ) if you need one. It's about 190USD.
omoser is offline   Reply With Quote