Search

Tamiya TA05 IFS

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arj
Hi guys

I wanted to put carbon reinforced front knuckles onto my standard TA05 IFS. I can't seem to find the part # for this. Anyone know if I can use the TA05 ones or another one from a different model?

Thanks

Arj
if your using IFS r then it's using the same knuckles as the 416, try ampdraw.com
Old 02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
arj
Tech Rookie

Thanks GCT69

No, I don't have the IFS-R, just the standard IFS. I think the IFS has the shorter suspension which is why they may be different knuckles.

Anyone out there get a carbon reinforced front steering knuckle into a IFS?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by arj
Thanks GCT69

No, I don't have the IFS-R, just the standard IFS. I think the IFS has the shorter suspension which is why they may be different knuckles.

Anyone out there get a carbon reinforced front steering knuckle into a IFS?
well if it has a short susp. then I guess you could use the carbon reinforced. Do you have a part #?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Go to the 415 or 416 threads. There's a guy on there named TRYHARD that posted some links to his website that explains it all. I believe the the links are still on the current page on the 415 thread and may be one pager or so back on the 416 thread. This info would even teach Marc R. a thing or two
Found it at http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30

This is great information, thanks !
Old 02-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inconceivable
Found it at http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30

This is great information, thanks !

My brian hurts from all the info....
Old 02-20-2009, 12:10 PM
arj
Tech Rookie

OK here is what I can gather w.r.t the front steering knuckles:

Model............Glass Filled.....Carbon Filled
TA05.............50867...........53579
TA05IFS.........51296...........????
TA05IFS-R......n/a...............51332 (not certain if this is carbon or glass)

So I have the TA05IFS (with standard suspension, not the short one) and am wondering if Tamiya makes a carbon filled part for the IFS or whether another one might fit.

Thanks
Old 02-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

best thing to do is e-mail tamiya usa itself, they are pretty fast in replyin.

Anybody fitted their IFS with a gt10 body? I'm thinking of putting one in but don't know where I can get one. ( Various selection?

Originally Posted by arj
OK here is what I can gather w.r.t the front steering knuckles:

Model............Glass Filled.....Carbon Filled
TA05.............50867...........53579
TA05IFS.........51296...........????
TA05IFS-R......n/a...............51332 (not certain if this is carbon or glass)

So I have the TA05IFS (with standard suspension, not the short one) and am wondering if Tamiya makes a carbon filled part for the IFS or whether another one might fit.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2009, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

what oil should i fill the trf dampers with? what i can see in most cases people uses 40wt/3holes in the front and 30wt/3holes in the rear or am i wrong here?

also the diffs are quite open with the 37t pulleys, are there any ways to protect them from collecting dust, as they are now they need to be rebuilt quite often i can imagine
Old 02-21-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
what oil should i fill the trf dampers with? what i can see in most cases people uses 40wt/3holes in the front and 30wt/3holes in the rear or am i wrong here?

also the diffs are quite open with the 37t pulleys, are there any ways to protect them from collecting dust, as they are now they need to be rebuilt quite often i can imagine
Depends on what surface you racing, I used AE 50wt in front with 3 holes and tamiya yellow on my rear with three holes. As far as diff covers , ck out rcmart or some HK stores, I think they sell em. (search under TRF 416)
Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default I need some help, thoroughly frustrated!!!

I'm trying to adjust downstop/droop on my IFS-R, and I'm having serious trouble getting this to work. Either my chassis is way off, or I have done something wrong and can't figure it out.

See attached photos.

No matter what I try, the battery side rear arm is about 3mm higher than
the motor side rear. The droop screws are backed out completely. I have loosened all the screws on the bottom of the chassis thinking maybe tweak. I have removed the arms and reinstalled them. I can't figure this one out.

We have a TCS race (my first) in 3 weeks, and I haven't had any quality track time with this chassis.

HELP!!!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 IFS-chassis1.jpg   Tamiya TA05 IFS-chassis-motor-side.jpg   Tamiya TA05 IFS-chassis_battery-side.jpg  
Old 02-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geppetto
I'm trying to adjust downstop/droop on my IFS-R, and I'm having serious trouble getting this to work. Either my chassis is way off, or I have done something wrong and can't figure it out.

See attached photos.

the motor side rear. The droop screws are backed out completely. I have loosened all the screws on the bottom of the chassis thinking maybe tweak. I have removed the arms and reinstalled them. I can't figure this one out.

We have a TCS race (my first) in 3 weeks, and I haven't had any quality track time with this chassis.

HELP!!!
make sure your chassis is flat
check to see if the hinge pin for the screwy arm is straight
loosen the suspension blocks and tighten them down in a cross pattern
also check to see if your arms move freely up and down

thats all i can think of .....
Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

See attached photos.

HELP!!!
Looks like to me you have the wrong type of suspension mount in the front of the rear. Looks like a rear mount that's been flipped over.

Should look like this: (these are the front ends rear mount and the rear ends front mount)

Where as it looks like you have a normal one flipped over since I don't see the lettering on top. (These are the front ends front mount and the rear ends rear mount.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

See attached photos.

HELP!!!
i got this similar problem before, i find out my hinge pin is bent .......... my suggestion check your hinge pin mate ......... it might solve your problems
Old 02-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hebiki
make sure your chassis is flat
check to see if the hinge pin for the screwy arm is straight
loosen the suspension blocks and tighten them down in a cross pattern
also check to see if your arms move freely up and down

thats all i can think of .....
Yeah. The chassis seemed to rock slightly, but it's tough to tell because the edges of the chassis are curved. I think that it's pretty flat though. Your other suggestions I already tried.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DRAG_ON
i got this similar problem before, i find out my hinge pin is bent .......... my suggestion check your hinge pin mate ......... it might solve your problems
Yeah, I looked at that also. Unfortunately, I haven't had enough track time to bend or break anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.