Tamiya TA05 IFS

Old 05-24-2009, 01:12 PM
  #916  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
hobbipro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

dameetz, I found one in stock at www.ultimatehobbies.com I do not know if they ship international, so you may want to drop them an email to ask. Otherwise keep looking I know there are still some out there.
hobbipro is offline  
Old 05-24-2009, 04:48 PM
  #917  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (81)
 
05forfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 665
Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jarrydtan View Post
Yupe, happen lots of time to me. Like you, i've decided to use 3x10mm screw and it work better. Also like you, i got the aluminium ones but when i tried to put it on, i can't reuse the 950 bearings. In fact, i think the 1050 bearings can't fit in it too, the hole is too big. Oh well, back to the Tamiya ones then.
+1, I use 3x10 and never come off since
05forfun is offline  
Old 05-24-2009, 04:57 PM
  #918  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,556
Default

Originally Posted by hobbipro View Post
dameetz, I found one in stock at www.ultimatehobbies.com I do not know if they ship international, so you may want to drop them an email to ask. Otherwise keep looking I know there are still some out there.
Thanks Hobbipro, I'll check them out.
dameetz is offline  
Old 05-25-2009, 08:33 AM
  #919  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: sg
Posts: 100
Default

Hi guys,

Just built up my IFS but have a small problem though. After adjusting the steering trim settings and the car tracks straight. But, when i full throttle during low speed the rear of the car tend to slide slightly to the right? How can I overcome this problem? it seems 1 of the wheels not spinning as freely?

Thanks!
vSgen is offline  
Old 05-25-2009, 11:42 AM
  #920  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vSgen View Post
Hi guys,

Just built up my IFS but have a small problem though. After adjusting the steering trim settings and the car tracks straight. But, when i full throttle during low speed the rear of the car tend to slide slightly to the right? How can I overcome this problem? it seems 1 of the wheels not spinning as freely?

Thanks!
Is it possible your rear diff is set too tight? If so, the rear end will get pretty squirly on takeoff...
94eg! is offline  
Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 PM
  #921  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 231
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Bearing spacers

Where and how are bearing spacers used?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53891
billb60 is offline  
Old 05-25-2009, 01:38 PM
  #922  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by billb60 View Post
Where and how are bearing spacers used?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53891
Those simply slip between the the two wheel bearings on each axle shaft. They only work on cars like the TA05-R and TA05-MS that have the original lightweight reversible suspension with 950 wheel bearings...
94eg! is offline  
Old 05-26-2009, 09:37 AM
  #923  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (105)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,007
Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default

If anyone is looking for some IFS bodies....they can be painted for a fee
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ghtweight.html
Core Creations is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 06:31 AM
  #924  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,556
Default Need more steering angle

I have just finished building and testing my IFS today. Box stock its not bad at all...the only thing i m complaining is the lack of steering. Seems that it has less steering angle....I can only get like 15deg when in full steering lock on my Hudy set up station. How can I get more steering angle on this car? Is there option steering plate for it? How do I change the Ackerman?

Thanks.
dameetz is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 07:28 AM
  #925  
r_s
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 43
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I have just finished building and testing my IFS today. Box stock its not bad at all...the only thing i m complaining is the lack of steering. Seems that it has less steering angle....I can only get like 15deg when in full steering lock on my Hudy set up station. How can I get more steering angle on this car? Is there option steering plate for it? How do I change the Ackerman?

Thanks.
i think ta05 has tons of steering.. check your steering arm and servo. it should be more than 15deg. there are alu steering arm and also carbon steering plate from tamiya.
and for ackerman you could only choose between 2 holes on the front upright.
it has no ackerman adjustment as on 416.
r_s is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 AM
  #926  
Tech Elite
 
Foxxrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sonoma County
Posts: 2,018
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
I have just finished building and testing my IFS today. Box stock its not bad at all...the only thing i m complaining is the lack of steering. Seems that it has less steering angle....I can only get like 15deg when in full steering lock on my Hudy set up station. How can I get more steering angle on this car? Is there option steering plate for it? How do I change the Ackerman?

Thanks.
Yes, I've noticed that too. But when racing it, the car seems to turn on a dime.
Foxxrocket is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 09:23 AM
  #927  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

For ackerman, you can also the run the steering bridge 180*. The ball-connectors are kinda offset to side from the bearings. This may further reduce steering angle due to inerference with the bell cranks though (I'm not certain)...
94eg! is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 AM
  #928  
Tech Elite
 
dameetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Sky
Posts: 2,556
Default

Originally Posted by r_s View Post
i think ta05 has tons of steering.. check your steering arm and servo. it should be more than 15deg. there are alu steering arm and also carbon steering plate from tamiya.
and for ackerman you could only choose between 2 holes on the front upright.
it has no ackerman adjustment as on 416.
I ve checked those already...everything was normal, no binding...The limiting steering angle problem I think is due to the ball stud on the plate touches the steering arm system. I think I can grind the arm a bit to make a slot for the ball stud...so in theory I will get more angle...has anybody done this yet?

Also what is your toe setting at the font and rear? BTW I think I m going to get some aluminum suspension bridge for the front and rear (either Tamiya or 3racing) so which one will get me 2deg toe in at the rear?

What other option parts do I need to get?

Thanks.
dameetz is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 11:38 AM
  #929  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (17)
 
94eg!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dameetz View Post
7Also what is your toe setting at the font and rear? BTW I think I m going to get some aluminum suspension bridge for the front and rear (either Tamiya or 3racing) so which one will get me 2deg toe in at the rear?

What other option parts do I need to get?

Thanks.
Well the forward rear block must be the "Bridge" style 1A block to clear the belt. From there you can set toe with the rear block. Don't forget to take into consideration the toe setting from the rear upright. I don't recall if they are 1* or 2* on the TA05. I know they are not zero...

If they are 1* uprights, then you would need the 1C rear block for a total of 2* rear toe. If you have 2* rear uprights, then you need another 1A block to keep it 2*.

For each letter you increase, you get .5* more toe in...
94eg! is offline  
Old 06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
  #930  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: West Oz
Posts: 20
Default

What pinion would be suitable for a Team Br00d Co27 Pro Stock in a box-fresh TA05IFS with the 70 tooth spur on a tightist track?
xsnoizta05 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.