Kyosho/Orion?

Old 05-18-2007, 04:46 PM
  #16  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
RandyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus OH.
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RandyB
Its no big deal the companies do not compete against each other. I dont think much will change all of these companies have a great brand image

NO, Motors and Battery sponsors do not compete with Chassis Sponsors!
RandyB is offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 05:30 PM
  #17  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 37
Default Hope so

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Looks to be official... http://www.redrc.net/2007/05/exclusi...ys-team-orion/



I'd bet the new Kyosho cars are designed with LiPos and brushless systems in mind, if nothing else.
Sooner the better for my money, had an Ib 3800 cell go after 3 charges
flyspray is offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 06:28 PM
  #18  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,209
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

with recent releases of RB5 and revised TF5, looks like this deal will complement Kyosho's serious tilt at EP racing.

who knows, big K might even push the lipo agenda based on the good work that Orion has done (e.g. setting an informal benchmark for lipos .. ).
wyl03 is offline  
Old 05-18-2007, 08:57 PM
  #19  
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
I dont understand. Using Hara for example. Before he went to checkpoint, had he still been using Orion motors, will he have left HPI for Kyosho or lose his sponsorship????
no
wallyedmonds is offline  
Old 05-19-2007, 01:20 AM
  #20  
AWK
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
AWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,021
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MrBlack
Sorry Charlie Tamiya will still have a hall monitor and their same rules and schedule. (Until they finish the move that is.)

And the track hasn't been "normal" for roughly 5 years
Man what are you gonna do with your Saturdays when they don't have the track anymore????
AWK is offline  
Old 05-19-2007, 07:36 PM
  #21  
Tech Addict
 
MrBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 746
Default

Originally Posted by CarKing
Man what are you gonna do with your Saturdays when they don't have the track anymore????
One word..............MiniZ's

All kidding aside I am sure I will find wheel time through my day job and I actually am quite ready to enjoy a life where I actually get 2 days off a week. Not that working the track is so hard but it is work and it does take the whole day. I will miss the locals but most of them I am sure I will still see.
MrBlack is offline  
Old 05-20-2007, 09:12 AM
  #22  
Tech Fanatic
 
b-man777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA.
Posts: 947
Default kyosh buys orion/peak

hey all:Wow big news here.What i'd like to know is does this meen that all kyosho on and off road team members will at some point switch to orion/peak electric and or nitro power?for instance does this meen that kyosho team member mark pavidis will at some point switch from o.s. engines to orion/peak engines and yuchi kanai will switch from long time engine sporsor sirio?Just my thoughts
b-man777 is offline  
Old 05-20-2007, 04:39 PM
  #23  
Tech Addict
 
MrBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 746
Default

Originally Posted by b-man777
hey all:Wow big news here.What i'd like to know is does this meen that all kyosho on and off road team members will at some point switch to orion/peak electric and or nitro power?for instance does this meen that kyosho team member mark pavidis will at some point switch from o.s. engines to orion/peak engines and yuchi kanai will switch from long time engine sporsor sirio?Just my thoughts
This has already been discussed here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163822

Last edited by MrBlack; 05-21-2007 at 09:08 AM.
MrBlack is offline  
Old 05-20-2007, 05:44 PM
  #24  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
RandyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus OH.
Posts: 1,176
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MrBlack
This has already been discussed here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163822
NOt to sound like an a$$ but this thread was started two days before the other one
RandyB is offline  
Old 05-21-2007, 09:08 AM
  #25  
Tech Addict
 
MrBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OC
Posts: 746
Default

Originally Posted by RandyB
NOt to sound like an a$$ but this thread was started two days before the other one
I was only referring to the previous question not the over all topic of the thread.
MrBlack is offline  
Old 05-21-2007, 09:55 AM
  #26  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MrBlack
One word..............MiniZ's

All kidding aside I am sure I will find wheel time through my day job and I actually am quite ready to enjoy a life where I actually get 2 days off a week. Not that working the track is so hard but it is work and it does take the whole day. I will miss the locals but most of them I am sure I will still see.
I see some orion carbon edition lipos for mini-z!!! and perhaps some rebuildable revolution motors for them as well
rampal is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.