R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #136
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The perception seems to be that legalizing LiPo will mean we can't run NiMH. I think what people hope for, though, is just the option of using LiPo instead of NiMH, especially at club races, and for practice. It's pretty clear that LiPo isn't faster than a good NiMH pack, so with weight rules in place, and if you feel comfortable with the safety of the batteries, there's really no reason not to at least give people that option. Let the consumer decide.

At big races, it won't matter if LiPo are legal, everybody is going to run NiMH because they're faster. So, if you're going to let the two coexist, what's the real argument against it? Safety often comes up, but it's pretty clear that quality LiPo are just as safe, if not more so than NiMH. So we need to be sure to outlaw all LiPo except those deemed safe. And really, more awareness about battery safety in general can only be a good thing, 'cause NiMH aren't foolproof, not by a long shot.

Personally, I think one of the big unspoken fears is that if we let people use LiPo, they'll stop buying NiMH. This could easily lead to higher prices and reduced availability for people that do continue to use them, and ultimately the dying off of their use entirely. That's what happens with technology if it's not artificially killed off, like beta. :-)
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
We don't mind as long as we can call you what you are...a basher
You trying to irk me? Dont have me get Carlos de de de Mencia on you. I may not go according to the status quo for either standard and consider myself more of a racer. But I will BASH you in the head if given the chance. A basher who wins at racing or a racer that doesnt mind bashing. I admit it. Mr. Holier than thou.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #138
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All you guy's who can see into the future, should go to Vegas or Atlantic City and clean up! We don't KNOW what Lipos will bring in the furture. But in the NEAR future, it will bring:
1. closer racing
2. less $ spent on cells
3. more enjoyment

If what the fortune tellers predict comes true, then we will be right back to where we are now. Only difference is, we will have spent less on cells and hopefully spent that money on more important things. I see lipo as a win-win situation. If you have reason's that are real, please post them. Because I haven't read one reason why lipo's are bad. Well, one reason. If we run NiMh and lipo class's then it would split the racers into.
gezer2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #139
Tech Lord

Isn't Carlos Mecina the one that steals jokes, and got slapped down by Joe Rogan? He's a hack.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #140
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

SyndrOme- That's funny right there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsq1uTLBHBc
gezer2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #141
Tech Master

I've been a Mencia fan for years, never heard of Joe Rogan..EVER! Even he did "refurbish" a joke, which I doubt, he makes it FUNNY! And like I said, any dude named Adrian needs to be bashed

Old 05-17-2007, 12:07 AM   #142
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
I've been a Mencia fan for years, never heard of Joe Rogan..EVER! Even he did "refurbish" a joke, which I doubt, he makes it FUNNY! And like I said, any dude named Adrian needs to be bashed
You haven't heard of Rogan? I'm surprised, I would have guessed you a Fear Factor and UFC fan.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:15 AM   #143
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Heres one.

If your going to be one?
Be a Quiet one!

Go lipo. Hey that would be a good name for a dog.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 AM   #144
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
You haven't heard of Rogan? I'm surprised, I would have guessed you a Fear Factor and UFC fan.
I am a huge UFC fan, go to TRJ's house for every pay-per-view event. Never heard of him.

Old 05-17-2007, 02:30 AM   #145
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mencia...Rogan -

If Carlos Mencia stole something from Joe Rogan...he probably made it funnier...Joe Rogan's delivery is stale and more crude...and Mencia gets away with murder with his racial jokes.
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:08 AM   #146
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Next UFC fight watch for Joe, he's one of the commintators...You'll say, "Oh, that guy".
Options are always good, the more the better. If we all have to make a weight minimum, and the current lipo's are no faster then.....lets get it on!
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #147
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Heres one.

If your going to be one?
Be a Quiet one!

Go lipo. Hey that would be a good name for a dog.
huh???? Whats that all about?

Old 05-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Menstealya is a giant douche who uses lowest common denominator racial jokes that get old really quick. I almost feel embarrassed for him whenever I watch the show. His brother, on the other hand, is frickin' hilarious. Wanna see a donkey show?

I never liked Rogan. I thought he was just a poor man's Joey Tribiani until he exposed Carlos Menstealya for the no talent hack that he truly is. Way to go Joe!

Back on topic: The next dog I get is going to be named Lipo.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:27 AM   #149
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbipro
Next UFC fight watch for Joe, he's one of the commintators...You'll say, "Oh, that guy".
Options are always good, the more the better. If we all have to make a weight minimum, and the current lipo's are no faster then.....lets get it on!
Old 05-17-2007, 08:04 AM   #150
Tech Master

Recycled jokes? Well, like I said, Carlos Mencia is a funny dude. I heard some of the jokes told by others that he "supposedly stole"....the verdict, their delivery was dry and the jokes were NOT FUNNY. His delivery and natural talent makes the jokes funny. If he knows the people he supposedly "stole" from, oh well....they arent funny and famous. HE IS! A joke or two or three that might have had some influence on a genuinely funny individual that falls into his HORDES of jokes doesnt make him a thief, that makes him a genious. Eddie Murphy can thank Richard Pryor for his entire first 6 years on the set, did that make him any less funny? Nope. Waay off topic, but, you haters went there.