R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Questions on Cars (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/162953-questions-cars.html)

Evilstealth 05-12-2007 04:49 AM

Questions on Cars

Hey i am thinking of purchasing a new car, my choices are:

Xray T2 (Belt)
Tamiya EVO 5 (Shaft)
Tamiya 415 (Belt)

I aint to sure wether to get a Belt or Shaft, i am looking for quality of the parts, the car is got now the Xray FK04 the quality of the screws and the parts arnt all that good and they keep breaking and it is hard to find a shop that stocks these parts so i dont want that, i want somthing that is a good quality, i was thinking of one of the Tamiya cars as there are alot of parts avaliable.

What car/cars do you recommend for a 540 on a tight technical track?
Thanks
Adam

wallyedmonds 05-12-2007 05:36 AM

x ray
or 415

Professor 05-12-2007 05:39 AM

what car

having raced on the same track as you each week i would suggest you get a toa5r,good car ,parts are available from c/hill hobbies,are a few guys running them at the hill so advice is also available
or xray t2r but you might find them a little hard to get right now,but parts for xrays are also easy to get in sydney

myk505 05-12-2007 05:42 AM

415 mre
t2 '007

Skiddins 05-12-2007 06:54 AM

What about the Mi3?

Either way, all the current crop of winning cars are belt.

Would you be racing indoors, if so avoid shaft unless you like stripped gears.

Skiddins

tcian 05-12-2007 07:08 AM

I would get a t2 or t2 007 or you could get a corally rdx or phi

Tsquare 05-12-2007 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Evilstealth
Hey i am thinking of purchasing a new car, my choices are:

Xray T2 (Belt)
Tamiya EVO 5 (Shaft)
Tamiya 415 (Belt)

I aint to sure wether to get a Belt or Shaft, i am looking for quality of the parts, the car is got now the Xray FK04 the quality of the screws and the parts arnt all that good and they keep breaking and it is hard to find a shop that stocks these parts so i dont want that, i want somthing that is a good quality, i was thinking of one of the Tamiya cars as there are alot of parts avaliable.

What car/cars do you recommend for a 540 on a tight technical track?
Thanks
Adam

Tamiya 415 would be a very good choice. You may want to wait for another week before you make your decision though, Tamiya is about to announce some new car chassis's at the up-coming show in Japan - and rumor has it that they may announce the new 416????

t4m1y4niac 05-12-2007 08:23 AM

i just bought a t2'007...replacing my trf 415 msx......t2'007 is quite easy to handle than msx and its durability is 3 - 4 times stronger than msx....i did 2 times frontal crash in my first ride with t2 (using Team Orion Core 9x1 :nod: )...nothing was break...go for t2'007 and you will not regret.... ;) :nod:

Big B 05-12-2007 08:03 PM

If you go with a XRay 007 the 540J motor will not fit without doing some major cutting with a dremel on the motor mount and topdeck. I would go to the track and see what they stock first, then narrow it down. If they stock all the chassis you have listed, I would go with the 415 if you are planning to run a 540j, unless you want to cut up a brand new chassis (007). I bought the 007 with intentions of running 540j, once I found out it dosent fit, I had to move to stock.

F. Mendoza 05-12-2007 10:26 PM

Shaft driven feels more responsive but belt is easier to drive. Belt driven cars feel a bit lazy on acceleration and brake compared to shafties. I have belt and can't see myself going back to shaft driven. Check out what make is easily available in your area. When you brake something you want the parts at the counter and not end your day of racing because no parts were available. :)