What car to buy??? xray,tc5,schumacher.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What car to buy??? xray,tc5,schumacher.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default What car to buy??? xray,tc5,schumacher.

I am in the process of buying a new on road racer and would like to get the pros and cons of these race cars. I used to race 1/10 off road but want to give on road some action. Any feedback on these cars or any other car I should consider would be great. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

TC5 i believe this is an awsome car id wait for it to come out. but i you dont want to wait get the xray t2 007 EU
Old 05-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

They're all good, competitive cars. Pick which ever has best local parts support unless you want to stock your own spares. What do other guys locally run? What batteries do you want to run?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Depends on how long you want to wait. If you want to wait for the tc5 to come out, go ahead and get it. But you can always get a T2 07. All in all, they're all great cars. you can't go wrong with any of them.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

all 3 chassis will get the job done at ANY level. that being said, i would echo what an earlier poster said about getting something with parts support. i am in the same boat as you in regards to looking for a new chassis. my thoughts on your post (at least relative to where i live):

schumy - looks like well thought out design with attention to detail, may have trouble getting parts (except mail order). i have never owned a schumacher, but adrian's participation/support online here at rctech almost make me want to buy one. he's truly one of the best reps in the biz.

associated - will perform as good as anything else...if not because it's designed pretty much like everything else. should have excellent parts support (on a personal note, i like the thumbscrew battery access). also, everyone and their brother will most likely own one so getting setups as well as some aftermarket support should be easy to come by.

xray - proven design/performance. as with schumy, parts availability maybe an issue unless you mail order (or have a shop that happens to stock it). given the fact that it's already may and the car has been out for several months, expect to see a new version making a debut in the near future.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default New cars....

The new cars coming out (in the near future) or have come out... (in no particular order)

Team Losi JRXS Type-R
Schumacher Mi3
Team Associated TC5
Team Corally RDX Phi

Tamiya will be introducing the TA05-MS but not until July.

we'll be seeing alot more of these "comparison" threads. but since these cars are fairly new.... getting opinions from others might be hard/harder to come by. wait a month or two until all the cars have been introduced, then you'll be able to draw more conclusions.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I think Hebiki said it all, just wait and see how exeryone takes to the new cars. I am waiting on a TC5 even though Nexus racing has great support for the Xrays. I just want to see how the TC5 does first hand. No matter what car you choose, i am sure you will be satisfied with it. So, as many have said, it comes down to parts support and what everyone at your local track is running.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC
I think Hebiki said it all, just wait and see how exeryone takes to the new cars. I am waiting on a TC5 even though Nexus racing has great support for the Xrays. I just want to see how the TC5 does first hand. No matter what car you choose, i am sure you will be satisfied with it. So, as many have said, it comes down to parts support and what everyone at your local track is running.
its weird to say that X-Ray has one of the "oldest" cars out right now, along side Tamiya with its 415MRE. of course Yokomo has the oldest with the BD Masami Edition.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

From November though March, T2'007 was clearly the best choice (unless there was no local part support). Post-March, it's a toss-up between 007, Mi3, type-R, and TC5.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

JUST GET THE TC5!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Initiate

well, I have been leaning toward xray, I am going to go to the local track and hobby shop to see what they stock, I believe the stock both, but now I am starting to think the tc5 is the best choice??
When is that car coming out?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Tower Hobbies says they will have the TC5 by Late May, hopefully they will be out by then. Just about ever hobby shop in the world will stock parts for them too.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

TC5 car and parts will probably be easier on the wallet than the Xray.

The Xray is sexy though. Definite bench racing power.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Get a Scythe, they kick ass. Thay don't have a big international race team and it probably won't have the best parts support but it's only a click away and the car is very stable and fast.

But as the other guy's said the other choice is to follow the flock, get what everyone else has got and blend in.

The scythe is very good, my other choice would be either the TC5 or the Shuey MI3

Cheers
Old 05-08-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Why in the world would you want a car without good parts support? Just to be different? Different doesn't get you around the track any faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.