R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default How To Make A 4 to 6 Channel Power Distribution Box???

I am looking to build a 4 to 6 channel power distribution box using banana plugs, does anyone have a set of plans, instructions or pictures of one inside and out that I could see and possibly duplicate, would like to have switches for each channel and a fuse for protection.

Sincere thanks
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
spurcheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Last in the "Z" main
Posts: 1,628
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I believe I read an article on this in RCCA or one of the other publications. You might be able to bring it up from one of their archive articles.

Hope this helps.
__________________
The Punter or The Punt-ee,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who you be??

No Apologies Racing, don't believe me, try me!!!!!
spurcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
Tech Champion
 
dgullickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I'm a Dork Fish
Posts: 7,662
Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsquare
I am looking to build a 4 to 6 channel power distribution box using banana plugs, does anyone have a set of plans, instructions or pictures of one inside and out that I could see and possibly duplicate, would like to have switches for each channel and a fuse for protection.

Sincere thanks
It actually will cost you more to build than to buy one, the Integy one is fairly cheap and works great

http://www.axiommotors.com/team-12vd...rip-p-211.html
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:11 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurcheck
I believe I read an article on this in RCCA or one of the other publications. You might be able to bring it up from one of their archive articles.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I searched this forum, but no luck. I searched magazine archives, and RC Car Action had a "How to Article" in their June 2006 Magazine, but I do not have a copy of that magazine, and they do not post the article on-line.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
Big B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 1,170
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I have that one, and the cost to build it with parts from radio shack, is more expensive than buying the Integy one.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B
I have that one, and the cost to build it with parts from radio shack, is more expensive than buying the Integy one.
Thanks, Having trouble locating the Integy unit, but I think I may have just located one.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsquare
Thanks, Having trouble locating the Integy unit, but I think I may have just located one.
I believe David just gave you a link to ones he has for sale, so I don't get why it would be difficult to find one if he has them for sale.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
Tech Champion
 
dgullickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: I'm a Dork Fish
Posts: 7,662
Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
I believe David just gave you a link to ones he has for sale, so I don't get why it would be difficult to find one if he has them for sale.
Ya, he just bought 1 and is already ready to go out and in the shipment pile..
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SL, UT
Posts: 2,804
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgullickson
Ya, he just bought 1 and is already ready to go out and in the shipment pile..
Nice, just gets back from LV and is on the ball with the business again.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)And racing one of them again!!
22 3.0SR
22T 2.0 w/ Exotech chassis
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Power Distribution Block.... TShirt Man R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 03-09-2008 09:18 PM
Power Distribution Box gman10 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 12-04-2007 08:46 PM
Power distribution box Ginsu R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 03-21-2007 08:50 AM
12V POWER DISTRIBUTION BOX gonzo416 Electric On-Road 6 02-23-2007 10:25 AM
Power distribution box gurumods Electric On-Road 11 02-11-2007 11:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:40 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net