R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   MOTOR COMMS (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/161760-motor-comms.html)

16skyline 05-04-2007 06:35 PM

i have already used a brush alignment tool

SRW141 05-04-2007 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by 16skyline
Not sure what type of motor it is has a team brood pro sticker and it i a black can, The lathe was bought of ebay as I had the integy 2000 a bit hard to work with so i bought the 2000k with the diamond tip, this was already installed all i done was plug a battery to it, the lathe bit has a thin bit of cardboard under it also.

Sounds like it is a x-motor stock. The bit should be dead center to just a hair above center of the com. After cutting the com run a knife down the slots to get any burs out and then lightly take a ball point pen down the slots of the com to de-bur the edges. Make sure to spray it of good with motor spray. I'm not sure if you know all this already.

16skyline 05-04-2007 06:39 PM

thanks but i have done what you have said on two motors and both of them drop rpms

SRW141 05-04-2007 06:42 PM

thanks but i have done what you have said on two motors and both of them drop rpms

I'm realy thinking that your bit is not lined up correctly. That really makes a difference. When I got my new lathe, it took me a couple of tries to get it lined up right to get the proper cut. It will mess with the way the motor acts.

16skyline 05-04-2007 06:44 PM

give me 5 minutes I will post some pictues

trjracing 05-04-2007 06:51 PM

Did you bend the brush springs. You could also have uneven brush tention with your brush springs. Thats something to look into. Uneven tention will change the performance of your motor.

trjracing 05-04-2007 06:51 PM

give me 5 minutes I will post some pictues

OK...

losi guy 05-04-2007 06:53 PM

You should also solder your brushes to the tab when you replace them because if use the screws it can misalign your hood and you can end up with a hung brush. Also i would always use a brushood alignment tool ever time. You wanna make sure the brush is 90 degrees to the com for best performance. Also check the motor to make sure nothing is bent from a impact, i had that happen to. good luck.

trjracing 05-04-2007 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by losi guy
You should also solder your brushes to the tab when you replace them because if use the screws it can misalign your hood and you can end up with a hung brush. Also i would always use a brushood alignment tool ever time. You wanna make sure the brush is 90 degrees to the com for best performance. Also check the motor to make sure nothing is bent from a impact, i had that happen to. good luck.

Very True. :nod:

trjracing 05-04-2007 06:57 PM

That would suck if he had a slightly bent arm.

trjracing 05-04-2007 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by trjracing
That would suck if he had a slightly bent arm.

That happened too me once before about 4 years ago. :nod:

losi guy 05-04-2007 07:10 PM

I believe the 4499 brush you are useing is the trinity e-brush. i would slap some 767 reedy brushes in. i run these brushes in all my stock motors.

16skyline 05-04-2007 07:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here is pictures of the arminture on the lathe and also a pic off the brushes as you can see they are new.

trjracing 05-04-2007 07:20 PM

Also something too check on your endbell, make sure you don't have any solder flux in your brush hoods. That may not be the problem but check it out anyway just incase. Because alittle flux will cause current problems and lost of performance. So look inside the brush hoods and make sure they are clean and clear of debris.

SRW141 05-04-2007 07:27 PM

here is pictures of the arminture on the lathe and also a pic off the brushes as you can see they are new.

The bit looks like it could right. The bit could be worn out also. Have you tried any other brushes other than 4499's?