CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

i did the same thing 2 or 3 years ago.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Nash.....

Is the Masters video just grainy, or do I have something set wrong on my Real Player?
Old 11-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here's a couple videos we shot on the way to the event...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA6VzKXRTYM

then, shot about an hour later... progress is slow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brAi9KOPbP8

I did finally use up the entire yarn ball...

Old 11-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by schreff
You thought it was scary??

Dude, you don't even know. I was soo disappointed when the motor let go that I leaned backward against the wall... only it was a swinging door behind me that wasn't locked shut!!!

When the door opened and I saw kitchen, I had to catch myself really quick. That was gonna hurt. Funny thing is that Jimmy nor Brad didn't even notice it happened and I was standing next to them.

Advice to Mr. Bill and company... make sure those doors are locked shut for the race weekend. No reason for them to open when the driver stand is there.
Two words: fire & marshal
Old 11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

Yeah Schreff next year their going to have to split the driver stand per fire marshall just incase something happens up in there we's can get out !
Old 11-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yes the doors couldn't be locked due the the exit signs above those doors but there not exits they are doors to the kitchen but fire marshall almost wanted to split the drivers.according to what the holiday inn told us that they would be taking down those exit signs as to not cause problems in the future.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bill941
according to what the holiday inn told us that they would be taking down those exit signs as to not cause problems in the future.

Duct Tape!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Has anybody seen Ian since last Sunday?
CypressMidWest.......... where are you?

Last edited by John Warner; 11-30-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mac The Knife
Duct Tape!!!
We were not allowed to do anything with those doors because of the exit signs above as per the fire marshall
Old 12-01-2007, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

expected to see jilles driving with a new tamiya car at cleveland... he was busy practicing with his new tamiya at mach indoor track before he left to cleveland and also yesterday he was practicing...
Old 12-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Geforcy
expected to see jilles driving with a new tamiya car at cleveland... he was busy practicing with his new tamiya at mach indoor track before he left to cleveland and also yesterday he was practicing...
Probably his contract is not due yet,...but soon I guess...???
Old 12-01-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
You thought it was scary??

Dude, you don't even know. I was soo disappointed when the motor let go that I leaned backward against the wall... only it was a swinging door behind me that wasn't locked shut!!!

When the door opened and I saw kitchen, I had to catch myself really quick. That was gonna hurt. Funny thing is that Jimmy nor Brad didn't even notice it happened and I was standing next to them.

Advice to Mr. Bill and company... make sure those doors are locked shut for the race weekend. No reason for them to open when the driver stand is there.

Only Shcreff could find the hidden door to the Kitchen....LOL

ALWAYS looking for STEAK huh?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

"5. This race is missing the key element of "professionalism". At Vegas and the Birds, the crew has racing shirts on and everyone is so nice and friendly. I wasn't getting that vibe from anyone on the crew. Any question I asked was responded to with a very smart comment and it seemed like they didn't want to be there. This is my perception, others may feel different."

I couldn't agree more with this. When you have people comming to watch this event, and manufacturers, the crew could have cleaned up a bit, and been a little more curtious. It was evident to me that some, NOT ALL, of the crew didn't even want to be there. If thats the case, I'm sure theres someone that would love to have the chance the help. Its a huge race, lots of cars, Top drivers, great competition. Saying this, I do not want to discredit the staff who did put in there %110 that week. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Rookie

My buddy from RC Madness told me that the tech inspection was pretty weak, but that they did tear down a few of the stock and 19 turn motors. He said there were a few that got busted trying to cheat The one that opened my eyes was the roar tech director David Lee, or something like that. Anybody know what these folks were doing to cheat ? cranking arm, different arm, something else ?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Angry or something like that...

Originally Posted by racer123
My buddy from RC Madness told me that the tech inspection was pretty weak, but that they did tear down a few of the stock and 19 turn motors. He said there were a few that got busted trying to cheat Anybody know what these folks were doing to cheat ? cranking arm, different arm, something else ?
what you speak of was in 19t and it happened to alot of racers. the orion 19t motors are typically factory balanced by grinding the stack. something that would be tough for a racer to do and still maintain the handout look. they didn't even mark the 19t arms (i assume it was because of the uniqueness of the balancing). well, some of them were actually ground and drilled. the race management team was not aware of this, so when they found the first few that were like this, they called it cheating. after the weekend progressed, they realized that their lack of research on the 19t motors was incorrectly labeling these racers as cheaters. i believe all those runs were counted for those who were part of this debacle.

not cool from a racing standpoint, and even worse for those who woudn't even think of cheating.

it's just another example on the ever growing list ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.