Wiki Posts
Search

CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by panther420
Chubbs.. Did you not take your nap today? You made your point.. Enough already

hey, why not go after every other guy who has posted on here since then.....did they get there naps? are they cry babies?

Or......are also tossing in your worthless 2 cents?
Old 11-26-2007, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

i will have to stick up for eli on this one we dont want him back in stock class he is way to fast for us hahahaha (10.0 eli) but i never saw anyone giving frank crap for his five year sweep..

i would like just like to say a big thanks to the whole rome crew and jeff cuffs for all the help this weekend it was good pitting with some one to bounce stuff off of ..
Old 11-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

[QUOTE=smyka;3907666]i will have to stick up for eli on this one we dont want him back in stock class he is way to fast for us hahahaha (10.0 eli) but i never saw anyone giving frank crap for his five year sweep..

QUOTE]

I agree Mark. Don't be mad at Eli because he is fast.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't hate the playa, hate the game....
Old 11-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
hey, why not go after every other guy who has posted on here since then.....did they get there naps? are they cry babies?

Or......are also tossing in your worthless 2 cents?
Because they say what they have to say and then leave it alone... Your just on here bashing the race and everybody.. you said what you don't like about the race.. stop there you dont need to go after the people that went there

Last edited by panther420; 11-26-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Because they say what they have to say and then leave it alone... Your just on here bashing everybody

wow....The only things I have had to say, are about the RACE....the only time I talk about anything else is when some jackhole like you shows up has nothing to say about the topic drops his dumb lame joke and then leaves.....Nice work Im sure if I look in the other threads I'll find some more of your witt.......

thanks mike, you got me now you can sleep well tonight.....

P.S. Tell Haynes I said Hi.....

Last edited by chubbspeterson; 11-26-2007 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Because I rule...
Old 11-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Who's Eli...?....
Old 11-26-2007, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Whatever man.. I'm not saying anything because I didn't have as horrible of a time as you did.. the only parts I didn't like was the track being bumpy and they said they are gonna use tongue and groove next year and the mains took too long and he said they are going to rearrange the heats next year...
Old 11-26-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Anyways you guys get discouraged enough you can quit, buy a bicycle and start racing with me. Its easy compared to this RC racing $hit..... j/k!
I've got as much carbon in my bikes as I do my cars and even use a transponder when racing, but sometimes I need a bigger battery.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Whatever man.. I'm not saying anything because I didn't have as horrible of a time as you did

perfect.....and thanks for your time....but are you saying that you did not have a good time? "I didn't have as horrible of a time as you did" So you did or did not have a good time? perhaps some imput on the race could be used here....
Old 11-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
perfect.....and thanks for your time....but are you saying that you did not have a good time? "I didn't have as horrible of a time as you did" So you did or did not have a good time? perhaps some imput on the race could be used here....
oops, your edit answered my question....thanks..
Old 11-26-2007, 05:53 PM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Who's Eli...?....
Ya really, who is Eli ?

BTW, 1/12 resurgence is awesome. Hope it continues to be the biggest classes.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Little Bahnatka
George Jiruska doing the soulja boy dance was great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDVp5JyX9eY
Old 11-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
I would like to personally THANK all the people and sponsors that continue to support and make this race happen for 28 years now. I believe that this IS the longest running RC race in the world. Holding a race of this caliber is not easy, by any stretch of the imagination. If you think it is, try and have one yourself! Yes there are some issues that creep up during a race event of this caliber, but of all the races that I have been too, many of them also had issues too. There is usually a group of people that are not happy about anything and you can't please all the people all the time. Again THANKS to all the people behind the scenes and to the sponsors that make this event possible.

Now on to sandbagging--- If you racers believe that I am sandbagging, that is your opinion, and everyone has one. If you think that I should run stock, that is your opinion also. I race this class because I am able too. I have a choice of running ANY class that I want to. I choose Masters and I enjoy it! If you think I am sandbagging, then why don't YOU step up to the plate and try your luck to beat me? I race 3 days a week and I am sure that most stock and masters drivers do not. This is why it is possible for me to out qualify them ---sometimes --- I'm not sure what your beef is with racing, but start a new thread and see how many racers or people post to it! Thank you and have a great day
their just jealous of you eli my self dont race 3x a week but 1 a week good for me, i supose had went to the champs and been in the master class myself,, so hat off s off to u keep racing
Old 11-26-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just going to add my .02 to what has been said already.

First off, I think a lot of strides were put into place to improve things for this year. The subfloor was definitely better, but I will fully agree that the drastic tempature changes were the main cause of the boards moving. I saw snapped screws from that. I was in the ballroom every night until 3am or later, and I had a sweatshirt and jacket on because it got so cold. Bill asked them to fix this for the mains, and it was a little better on Saturday night, but the damage was already done.

As far as the scoring goes though, the problems were NOT software related. I guess I take a little offense when that was blamed, because I was the one who ran most of it and I explained what the problems were at the race. The first problem was the power going into the booth. We were getting constant power surges, and twice it caused the computer to shut down. That was NOT a software issue. Bill Jr. got a UPS and this solved that problem, so a thanks goes out to him for that. The second problem was just windows. The PC froze up twice... nothing caused by the software. I have a feeling it was because of the network card going on and off from the hotel internet... I disabled the wireless card hardware on Saturday and we never had the problem again. The bottom line is that for a race this big, we need 2 laptops instead of desktops running, both of which have clean installs of Windows with no extra software on it. This can be arranged for next year, but we just need to know ahead of time. A big thanks goes out to Chicky from the Gate for letting us borrow his decoder box for a backup computer. The other issue was the scoring loop. There was no resistor in the loop, and it was over 20" apart instead of 12" apart. Jilles Grosskamp from AMB noticed that and said that was why so many laps were being missed. Again though... not a software issue. The final problem is that someone kept checking the auto add feature, which should not be used on the primary computer. It is a feature that is used on a backup scoring system only. What happened was that people from the next race would start their warmup lap before the SAVE button was clicked from the previous race, and when they crossed the line it auto-added them to the race and gave them a lap from when they warmed up. When we went to setup the mains, this left a couple drivers with 2 entries in the same class, so we had duplicate entries in the database. Anyways, we got this fixed before the mains started, so there was no delay caused from it... just a minor inconvenience because we needed to repost the mains.

I guess my point here is that to say that the latest version of RC Scoring Pro was "foobared" is bull. The software did what it needed to do all weekend, and it worked great. The issues came from hardware/power issues and user error.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.