Wiki Posts
Search

CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smyka
after frank brought me and jiles (sp) out to dinner we went and looked at the sub floor after the carpet was removed and the first thing he noticed was the loop you had two loops running in the same groove with no resistor in the middle of either of them and they were 18 inches apart.

after talking with jiles he said that the problem with the missed laps was probally a couple of things one the loop needs a resistor in it if you look at the new amb yellow loop it has it build in to the middle of it . second you can not run two loop sin the same channel with out interferance he said they need to be ten feet apart . third you should not have a big speaker near the decoder box. \ all we are trying to do is help it seems like the last couple years this has been a problem and we finally noticed some stuff that was wrong we just want you to know what it is ..
Thanks for the input guys you and brandon.At this point this is the damage bill not sure what problems it cuased during the race.

Burned up a wireless card
blown hard drive controler
blown up new ups
blown up power supply
blown several power plugs
amb is system is being sent back to amb as it seems to not work as of today
Can't load and thing out of the race program why don't know could be anything from the above list.

We did see lots of errors with the computer but in the end as brandon has said most of it was user error or otherwise and now could be part of the blown parts above.

at this point the damage to timing and scoring is unreal to say the least.WE are not happy campers to say the least.the hotel has been contacted about these issues.What will come out of other then buying lots of parts don't know.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Did you guys have the timing and scoring equipment plugged into a "quality" power surge strip? If so the good ones come with a equipment protection warranty (like $10,000+), but more importantly would not have happen in the first place.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Addict

the computer was pluged into the ups which is also a surge projector as well according what I read in the manual with some warranty on the stuff that gets blown up which is about the only happy side of the story.

the computer amb and the monitor(which I think is fine)and the ups it self is
would be covered under that thank god. for that I have a ton of work to do and will contact them in the morning.

But in the end still isn't good from my understanding the hotel has offered a few things to us that makes feel a little better about it for next year.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

"The sub-floor was perfect in the beginning. The carpet was perfect in the beginning - and the end. This year a Union professional laid the carpet. Next year a Union professional with also lay the floor."

Maybe have a union electrician do the elex install and inspection before anyone plugs up. They will have the knowledge to look for hazards to the set up you need.

Yeh, I know, we all know electrics you say !! Believe me, you're a long way from the truth there. Spikes are interesting phenoms, I expect it's more likely to be a massive dip on the line. You have an ancient hotel that's had a million addenda; something's goimng to ground and dipping the voltage and the inrush will be the cause of the surge that took your equipement down.

Jacko
Old 11-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
"The sub-floor was perfect in the beginning. The carpet was perfect in the beginning - and the end. This year a Union professional laid the carpet. Next year a Union professional with also lay the floor."

Maybe have a union electrician do the elex install and inspection before anyone plugs up. They will have the knowledge to look for hazards to the set up you need.

Yeh, I know, we all know electrics you say !! Believe me, you're a long way from the truth there. Spikes are interesting phenoms, I expect it's more likely to be a massive dip on the line. You have an ancient hotel that's had a million addenda; something's goimng to ground and dipping the voltage and the inrush will be the cause of the surge that took your equipement down.

Jacko
agreed this is one of things the hotel offerd along with getting us some type of generator that doesn't run off the hotel.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoelNavarro
I had fun in cleveland! I wish i could have gotten there sooner to be there for my first two qualifiers.

Problem with the racer sheets for the A-main finalist. It doesnt ask for what ESC was used and if anyone knows, could you mention the brand they used. If i cant find out their info...im going to have to put INS (information not supplied)

I need to know what speed control these racers used...

- Brad Johnson
-
John Warner
-
Phil Zimmerman
-
Perry Caswell
-
David Lee
-
Mark Sweeney
-
James Brink
-
Terry Rott
-
Michael Steen
-
Brian Rice
-
Aaron Buran
-
Pete D’agnolo

The rest of the info of all the racers i pieced together by sponsors mentioned, and racer sheets from the article i did for IIC. If someone knowns, can they please post a reply or send me a PM. Thanks for the help guys!

Almost there! These are the racers left that i need...

- Perry Caswell
-
Mark Sweeney
-
James Brink
-
Terry Rott
-
Pete D’agnolo

Thanks for the help guys!

Old 11-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Firstly.

Many thanks to everybody that made my 18 year lay off from Cleveland a fun return. Our group had a great time.

It's a race, and there's more to it than winning and losing. It's the people, the fun, the crazy crap that goes on that add up to a memorable experience. And this was great, thanks to all who went out of their way to ensure those that attended had a memorable experience.

I have some good new memories, and met a lot of great new people, and finally got to say "howdy" to a lot of old timers I hadn't met personally. And that was very nice too. Nice to meet you all, again.

All anybody can ask for is a fair chance to do their best. I feel that was done. The tech guys were more than fair and accommodating. I came through mandatory tech the one time and dang if my tape wasn't below the 3mm, by about a thousandth or so. The guy said, "your car is to low, the tape is hitting, but barely. Do you promise to fix it for the next run? I said, "YEA BUDDY", and he let me run, and I made sure that my car was high enough from then on. I saw a lot of that kind of thing being done to help the racers during the early runs. More than fair, and with a bit of common sense tossed in for good measure.

Mr Bill and crew, nice to meet you all. You have a thankless job, and I thought it was handled very well. Our group is very appreciative of all of your efforts and the efforts of DOZENS of volunteers who helped. Sure, there was a rough spot on the track, it happens, and it was fixed, it's the same for everybody, make your car work. Computer failures and voltage spikes, it happens. Move on as quick as possible, and that happened, problem solved.

I was on the track when the fire alarm went off the very first time. In fact, that miserable buzzer was 5 feet from my head... Sure, it was annoying, had nothing to do with the race organizers, just bad damn luck. And to be honest, there wasn't a racer there that would have left the room until he was physically on fire... ...lol... We joked about it later, I think if the track was actually burning on one edge, the general consensus from the drivers on the stand would be to keep going until it got to the groove. "I'm not pulling off, you pulling off?", "nope, only a minute left, I'm having a decent run...". The announcer would have had to say, "Drivers, the track is on fire in the sweeper, STAY LOW IN THE SWEEPER", and we'd have all been fine with that.

The only thing I'd have liked to see different was shorter time between mains, and if it's announced ahead of time, people would have figured it out and planned accordingly.

I'd like to see the overall qualifying list for the entire group after each round, not just the top ten. It's fun, relatively speaking, to say, "Dude, look, I'M NOT LAST"! I'm 59th out of 64, WHOOHOOO! Most who I talked to, felt the same.

I found the track edging very forgiving where it needed to be. The only people I saw break anything were the ones getting a bit "greedy" at the end of the straight, scuff the inside and get shot out at the wall, and that would happen anywhere.

Announcers, all of them did a great job, and they did it thanklessly, for our benefit, and I appreciated it. Feel free to donate your time next year if you feel the announcing was anything that could be improved on. For me, perfect.

Our internet connection was pretty bad. Nothing to do with the organizers. And it was intermittent throughout the hotel. Some rooms were great, some were not. Dieter was about 2 doors down and could watch crap on Youtube virtually "live", we couldn't even get a connection for more than a few seconds, and that was on 3 different lap tops. It was just crap in our room. It happens. We talked to the I.T. guy for the hotel, and he was amazed at how many people were on and also, "USING A LOT OF BANDWIDTH". WAY more than they normally see. So we as racers caused that problem by overloading their system. I suspect, that unless somebody asks them to improve, update, or buy a bigger pipe, it will be the same next year.

Thanks to all.

Cuffs, take care of the pig!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey all:Anyone have or will have lists of all the a-main finishers and equipment used?Also what motor and batteries are toso using?Thanks
Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

bman, toso runs for brood so he had brood motors in his ride.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

I ran the KO VFS-1 C2 in both my cars.

James Brink
Old 11-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
Get it right boy's, it's FUBAR not foobar!!
Yeah, Iwas pondering about that but too lazy to edit...
Old 11-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
Get it right boy's, it's FUBAR not foobar!!
Yeah, I was pondering about that but too lazy to edit...
Old 11-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

You can see im still short a few more racers and their ESC info...

Old 11-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

Hey JoelNavarro,

I ran an LRP Brushless in both Mod TC and 12th Mod, sorry for the confusion. The Tekin was in my 19 Turn Sedan only...
Old 11-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Here's some cool birds eye shots of the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.