No Barry in 12th scale?
you weren't there to C main with him
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 PM   #1158
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde View Post
Just going to add my .02 to what has been said already... Bill asked them to fix this for the mains, and it was a little better on Saturday night, but the damage was already done

... Bill Jr. got a UPS and this solved that problem, ...

The bottom line is that for a race this big, we need 2 laptops instead of desktops running, both of which have clean installs of Windows with no extra software on it. This can be arranged for next year, but we just need to know ahead of time...

There was no resistor in the loop, and it was over 20" apart instead of 12" apart. Jilles Grosskamp from AMB noticed that and said that was why so many laps were being missed.

The final problem is that someone kept checking the auto add feature, which should not be used on the primary computer. ..
. The issues came from hardware/power issues and user error.
Too read these comments from people involved in the event makes one wonder where 28 years of experience went?? These all sound like basic issues...Temperature swings effect wood...should have had a backup computer... it's only the championships and windows is renowned for reliability
and amb is a new system never used before no one should have known about the width issue!

Fire alarms, power surges, speaker problems those are freak occurrences hard to plan for

I have never attended this particular event but have attended many other large events in various disciplines including RC, including promoting several myself, for over 20 years...Sounds like someone should have been taking notes in the past.

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #1159
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill941 View Post
Yeah that was great!!!Someone not sure who it was as I don't know all of you guys stayed after the races and was able to do it over and over again it was awesome! Just goes to show how much more power we put down now days.Or maybe I have seen one too many races lol
ya, that was me!!!!! The red/white/blue car in the Mod 1/12th B-Main. If Dumas was doing it, It must be the awesome forward bite of the Speedmerchant Rev. 5!!!!
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:13 PM   #1160
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

DCHESTER great pics... if you have more post them please.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 PM   #1161
Tech Master

Regardless of some of the minor problems that happened,
I've already made my reservations for next year.
It'll be my tenth consecutive year!

As far as Eli is concerned, he's a robot, what can I say?
John Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #1162
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok so I posted the last pictures to www.rc50.com from cleveland.. they start about here

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=46&page=16

while on the site don't forget to vote for which race you want to see first. I'll post it tomorrow night

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
6) On the in house TV channel, couldn't the live timing and scoring information have been displayed instead of the nearly worthless Webcam in the lower left hand corner. The frame rate made that corner of the screen unwatchable anyway.
ps as for the nearly worthless Webcams on the TV those are mine and yes it's not the greatest. last year both showed real time this year one just flaked on the framerate. also due to the resolution of the TVs having something like liverC and the schedule software would not be viewable to those in the rooms. it was tried 3 years ago when I brought the computer to do it the first time. I would just like to point out that this last year was the first year that snowbirds had a track camera piped into the rooms. they don't even have a schedule at all you have to completely guess when you are up. so cleveland does do somethings better then others. and the last couple years had to hope that your family radios would pick up the broadcast and not some family on vacation. and don't get me started on the internet access at vegas the 3 years I have going it has sucked also and also snowbirds the 3 years I have been there trust me I live and die by my internet access, nor the condition of the hotel at snowbirds near as good as it is in cleveland. you try sleeping at 3am when someone pulls the fire alarm. we'll see what it is like this year with the new venue.
I'm off to mess with the cameras to see if I can get them to work better. but I start with a new install every year and sometimes forget what to reinstall.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #1163
Tech Apprentice

I thought the crew did a great job of running the event given the scope of entries my hats off to them.Track was bumpy though.I think I have the answer to the computer surge problem it probably occured at the same time Blackstock started charging his batteries.
cmego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #1164
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

for being my first time in cleveland it was pretty ausome. i had a great time and hopefully looking to attend next years event.
wait a minute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #1165
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Who's Eli...?....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
Ya really, who is Eli ?

BTW, 1/12 resurgence is awesome. Hope it continues to be the biggest classes.
He's the Quarterback for the New Jersey Giants you nitwits!!!!

Last week he had the hat trick... 3 INTS returned for TDs..... And just to make sure he threw in a forth int.
I watch from home and was able to watch football, cook and wrench on my inbetween the mains... And the wifey-poo didn't bitch at me for sitting in front of the laptop placing bets and watching the race..

I mean people what the hell is your problem, everyone complaining about how fast stock has become and the race organizors put in a couple of speed bumps and you are still not happy....

Just can't please anyone nowadays....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:32 PM   #1166
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
Too read these comments from people involved in the event makes one wonder where 28 years of experience went?? These all sound like basic issues...Temperature swings effect wood...should have had a backup computer... it's only the championships and windows is renowned for reliability
and amb is a new system never used before no one should have known about the width issue!

Fire alarms, power surges, speaker problems those are freak occurrences hard to plan for

I have never attended this particular event but have attended many other large events in various disciplines including RC, including promoting several myself, for over 20 years...Sounds like someone should have been taking notes in the past.
Please don't take what I said as bashing on the event.... I was just defending a statement that was incorrect. The event promoters put a lot of effort into the race and overall I think they do a good job. Some things can be fixed, but other things such as the internet access, power issues, fire alarms, etc are completely out of their control. I was not trying to point out what was wrong... I was just giving reasons for why they happened and to show that they were not software issues. For next year, it will not be a problem to get two clean laptops to run the races on, I just need to know in advance. As for the loop issues, those are easy to fix and I'm sure will be done for next year.

Overall, I still think the event went very well. Despite the issues with scoring, things still ran smooth and there were minimal delays.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:38 PM   #1167
Tech Elite

i don't know if anyubody else knows about this site

http://rc10.fi/assoprkl/

can anybody tell me what the words mean on the left side?
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #1168
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anybody have a list of what bodies the a main in mod tc foam and 19 tc foam were running?

Last edited by AARON YOUNG; 11-26-2007 at 11:54 PM.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 12:28 AM   #1169
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Rohde View Post
I guess my point here is that to say that the latest version of RC Scoring Pro was "foobared" is bull.
Love the foobar crack

Btw nice rundown on the problems.
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:17 AM   #1170
Tech Regular

I had fun in cleveland! I wish i could have gotten there sooner to be there for my first two qualifiers.

Problem with the racer sheets for the A-main finalist. It doesnt ask for what ESC was used and if anyone knows, could you mention the brand they used. If i cant find out their info...im going to have to put INS (information not supplied)

I need to know what speed control these racers used...

- Brad Johnson
-
John Warner
-
Phil Zimmerman
-
Perry Caswell
-
David Lee
-
Mark Sweeney
-
James Brink
-
Terry Rott
-
Michael Steen
-
Brian Rice
-
Aaron Buran
-
Pete D’agnolo

The rest of the info of all the racers i pieced together by sponsors mentioned, and racer sheets from the article i did for IIC. If someone knowns, can they please post a reply or send me a PM. Thanks for the help guys!

I race at - SDRC Raceway, CVRC Raceway and SoCal-RC Onroad

My Painters: Fatty Grafx -https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fatty-Grafx/138256833000949
JoelNavarro is offline   Reply With Quote