R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #1141
Tech Addict
 
chubbspeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ridgemont
Posts: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther420 View Post
Chubbs.. Did you not take your nap today? You made your point.. Enough already

hey, why not go after every other guy who has posted on here since then.....did they get there naps? are they cry babies?

Or......are also tossing in your worthless 2 cents?
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #1142
Tech Master
 
smyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Broad Brook,CT
Posts: 1,182
Send a message via AIM to smyka
Default

i will have to stick up for eli on this one we dont want him back in stock class he is way to fast for us hahahaha (10.0 eli) but i never saw anyone giving frank crap for his five year sweep..


i would like just like to say a big thanks to the whole rome crew and jeff cuffs for all the help this weekend it was good pitting with some one to bounce stuff off of ..
__________________
Trinity, Proline ,EA motorsports, T.O.P Racing ,Futaba ,Bsr Racing tires ,Advantage racing products,Hot Bodies racing,Tq Wire ,REDS Racing, Orca ,Protoform racing
smyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #1143
Tech Elite
 
RBLove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,745
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=smyka;3907666]i will have to stick up for eli on this one we dont want him back in stock class he is way to fast for us hahahaha (10.0 eli) but i never saw anyone giving frank crap for his five year sweep..

QUOTE]

I agree Mark. Don't be mad at Eli because he is fast.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #1144
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Don't hate the playa, hate the game....
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:24 PM   #1145
Tech Regular
 
panther420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Middletown,Ct.
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbspeterson View Post
hey, why not go after every other guy who has posted on here since then.....did they get there naps? are they cry babies?

Or......are also tossing in your worthless 2 cents?
Because they say what they have to say and then leave it alone... Your just on here bashing the race and everybody.. you said what you don't like about the race.. stop there you dont need to go after the people that went there
__________________
Mike Monteiro
Full Throttle Motorsports / www.teamfullthrottle.net
TQ Cells / www.tqcells.com
BSR Tires / www.bsr-racing.com

Last edited by panther420; 11-26-2007 at 06:35 PM.
panther420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #1146
Tech Addict
 
chubbspeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ridgemont
Posts: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther420 View Post
Because they say what they have to say and then leave it alone... Your just on here bashing everybody

wow....The only things I have had to say, are about the RACE....the only time I talk about anything else is when some jackhole like you shows up has nothing to say about the topic drops his dumb lame joke and then leaves.....Nice work Im sure if I look in the other threads I'll find some more of your witt.......

thanks mike, you got me now you can sleep well tonight.....

P.S. Tell Haynes I said Hi.....

Last edited by chubbspeterson; 11-26-2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Because I rule...
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #1147
Tech Champion
 
John Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 8,925
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Who's Eli...?....
__________________
www.express-motorsports.net for all your motor needs
Multi time National Champions,Reedy Champs,Vegas Champs,Birds, Champs,[email protected]

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #1148
Tech Regular
 
panther420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Middletown,Ct.
Posts: 311
Default

Whatever man.. I'm not saying anything because I didn't have as horrible of a time as you did.. the only parts I didn't like was the track being bumpy and they said they are gonna use tongue and groove next year and the mains took too long and he said they are going to rearrange the heats next year...
__________________
Mike Monteiro
Full Throttle Motorsports / www.teamfullthrottle.net
TQ Cells / www.tqcells.com
BSR Tires / www.bsr-racing.com
panther420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #1149
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,712
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhuang View Post
Anyways you guys get discouraged enough you can quit, buy a bicycle and start racing with me. Its easy compared to this RC racing $hit..... j/k!
I've got as much carbon in my bikes as I do my cars and even use a transponder when racing, but sometimes I need a bigger battery.
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - Maxima Fuel - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #1150
Tech Addict
 
chubbspeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ridgemont
Posts: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther420 View Post
Whatever man.. I'm not saying anything because I didn't have as horrible of a time as you did

perfect.....and thanks for your time....but are you saying that you did not have a good time? "I didn't have as horrible of a time as you did" So you did or did not have a good time? perhaps some imput on the race could be used here....
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #1151
Tech Addict
 
chubbspeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ridgemont
Posts: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbspeterson View Post
perfect.....and thanks for your time....but are you saying that you did not have a good time? "I didn't have as horrible of a time as you did" So you did or did not have a good time? perhaps some imput on the race could be used here....
oops, your edit answered my question....thanks..
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #1152
jrp
Tech Master
 
jrp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,606
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Who's Eli...?....
Ya really, who is Eli ?

BTW, 1/12 resurgence is awesome. Hope it continues to be the biggest classes.
jrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:06 PM   #1153
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 5,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bahnatka View Post
George Jiruska doing the soulja boy dance was great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDVp5JyX9eY
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:26 PM   #1154
Tech Fanatic
 
tc3 racer sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: lancaster sc near charlotte nc
Posts: 921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastdude View Post
I would like to personally THANK all the people and sponsors that continue to support and make this race happen for 28 years now. I believe that this IS the longest running RC race in the world. Holding a race of this caliber is not easy, by any stretch of the imagination. If you think it is, try and have one yourself! Yes there are some issues that creep up during a race event of this caliber, but of all the races that I have been too, many of them also had issues too. There is usually a group of people that are not happy about anything and you can't please all the people all the time. Again THANKS to all the people behind the scenes and to the sponsors that make this event possible.

Now on to sandbagging--- If you racers believe that I am sandbagging, that is your opinion, and everyone has one. If you think that I should run stock, that is your opinion also. I race this class because I am able too. I have a choice of running ANY class that I want to. I choose Masters and I enjoy it! If you think I am sandbagging, then why don't YOU step up to the plate and try your luck to beat me? I race 3 days a week and I am sure that most stock and masters drivers do not. This is why it is possible for me to out qualify them ---sometimes --- I'm not sure what your beef is with racing, but start a new thread and see how many racers or people post to it! Thank you and have a great day
their just jealous of you eli my self dont race 3x a week but 1 a week good for me, i supose had went to the champs and been in the master class myself,, so hat off s off to u keep racing
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:44 PM   #1155
Super Moderator
 
Brandon Rohde's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Green Bay, WI / Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 840
Default

Just going to add my .02 to what has been said already.

First off, I think a lot of strides were put into place to improve things for this year. The subfloor was definitely better, but I will fully agree that the drastic tempature changes were the main cause of the boards moving. I saw snapped screws from that. I was in the ballroom every night until 3am or later, and I had a sweatshirt and jacket on because it got so cold. Bill asked them to fix this for the mains, and it was a little better on Saturday night, but the damage was already done.

As far as the scoring goes though, the problems were NOT software related. I guess I take a little offense when that was blamed, because I was the one who ran most of it and I explained what the problems were at the race. The first problem was the power going into the booth. We were getting constant power surges, and twice it caused the computer to shut down. That was NOT a software issue. Bill Jr. got a UPS and this solved that problem, so a thanks goes out to him for that. The second problem was just windows. The PC froze up twice... nothing caused by the software. I have a feeling it was because of the network card going on and off from the hotel internet... I disabled the wireless card hardware on Saturday and we never had the problem again. The bottom line is that for a race this big, we need 2 laptops instead of desktops running, both of which have clean installs of Windows with no extra software on it. This can be arranged for next year, but we just need to know ahead of time. A big thanks goes out to Chicky from the Gate for letting us borrow his decoder box for a backup computer. The other issue was the scoring loop. There was no resistor in the loop, and it was over 20" apart instead of 12" apart. Jilles Grosskamp from AMB noticed that and said that was why so many laps were being missed. Again though... not a software issue. The final problem is that someone kept checking the auto add feature, which should not be used on the primary computer. It is a feature that is used on a backup scoring system only. What happened was that people from the next race would start their warmup lap before the SAVE button was clicked from the previous race, and when they crossed the line it auto-added them to the race and gave them a lap from when they warmed up. When we went to setup the mains, this left a couple drivers with 2 entries in the same class, so we had duplicate entries in the database. Anyways, we got this fixed before the mains started, so there was no delay caused from it... just a minor inconvenience because we needed to repost the mains.

I guess my point here is that to say that the latest version of RC Scoring Pro was "foobared" is bull. The software did what it needed to do all weekend, and it worked great. The issues came from hardware/power issues and user error.
__________________
Brandon Rohde
LiveRC.com and LiveTime
Brandon Rohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CLEVELAND US INDOOR CHAMPS 2008 MR.BILL Electric On-Road 1008 12-12-2008 05:57 PM
2007 Cleveland, Ohio Indoor Champs RCSteve93 Electric On-Road 3 03-30-2007 09:10 PM
Cleveland US Indoor Champs... endler Racing Forum 185 11-18-2005 01:39 PM
need advice on cleveland indoor champs WVRACER Electric On-Road 18 09-10-2003 11:30 AM
Cleveland US Indoor Champs 2002 kentech Electric On-Road 114 12-27-2002 01:48 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net