R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-26-2007, 05:01 AM   #1051
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Nash,

Great job on the pics once again, we always appreciate the fact you take pics for those of us not able to attend. With that being said, do you have more to come or have you posted all that you took.

Thanks,
Steve
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:10 AM   #1052
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks I'll have video up tonight not sure what race to post... mod tc or 19t 12th? it's hard to remember which one was good when your just trying to follow the leader. now I'm going to bed after my 9 hour drive home.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow — never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long — you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:37 AM   #1053
Tech Addict

thoughts......

How about running the B and maybe some c mains in between the A mains, this race was terrible, we were told this was the turn around year, and guess what, nothing! I must say a great job was put on by ANYONE who tried to help make this race better, but I can tell there is a reason this race sucks, it's not the people who help, it's management. this race appered to cost about 1,000 dollars to put on, and the profits were way over that! not one dollar was invested in correcting any of the issues from last year, wait we streched the carpet over THE SAME CRAPY SUBFLOOR! nice work, also not having laptimes were sweet, good thing Rc Live was there so we could look them up online.....wait, can't connect in the hotel to wireless becasue 300 PEOPLE WERE TRING TO USE THE INTERNET! Steller, but hey we saved a coulple trees....and a few bucks....... BUt I did forget that laptimes in pratice was a "gift" from the race management when we did get them.....THANKS, I did forget the last time I watched NASCAR the racers were guessing on how they ran and hopeing for the best. This race hopefully will die next year, with the worlds being so close to the date the factory guys will go away and goodbuy cleveland.... Nice job, thanks for my 3 dollar trophy, and a crappy weekend, oh yea and a 500$ hotel bill....nice.....Do you really think that when you say that someting will be fixed, and you don't do it, no one will notice? TERRY ROT DID A GREAT JOB ON THE LAYOUT BEST EVER! to bad just about everything else sucked....Do you need a slide hammer to get motor out of the corally? Maybe Cuffs would know? Where did the pizza come from, it tasted like carboard with goverment cheese on it.....but hey, another favor for the racers right? it was better the the buffet I had in vegas....yea RIGHT! Also how did we run qualifers thru the 20 minutes of fire alarms? Plus when scoring crashes we don't allways rerun the race, we just "Guess" the laps times and thats it? More NICE WORK! Well another great Cleveland has come and gone, I had fun with my friends, Great job to all the winners, and thanks to the people who tried to help fix this mess. But this race has sucked the last nickle from my wallet, I will not support this race that is only profitable for one man......and not the hobby and the racers like it should.....

Mr. Mike
"I vowed to never let this happen.."

Last edited by chubbspeterson; 11-26-2007 at 08:12 AM. Reason: more pissed off
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #1054
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Chubb, I hope the other racers don't have a bad time as you did...

I would love to run in Cleveland but the wifey-poo has an issue about Thanksgiving holiday NOT being a race weekend...

Maybe someday.... This year she al ready PISSED OFFED that I'm going to the Snowbirds and be gone for our 21 wedding anniversary (Jan 30th ) and my son's 20th birthday ( Jan. 31st ) and yes, she was pregnant when we got married ...
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 06:00 AM   #1055
Tech Addict

They did....and if they don't feel that way, they just don't know it yet. If you have ever attened ANYOTHER National event....this is the worst....hands down

365 days till the world gets riped off again.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 AM   #1056
Tech Fanatic

Congrats Ralphy on an overdue TQ and WIN!!!

Many of us took time out of our club race @ 360 Raceway in Li to check out rclive on Gael's laptop.

GREAT RACE!!!

Congrats!:
Cuffs!!! You had the East Coast cheering you on DOOD!
Blackstock!!!
Josh Cyrul!!!
CHRIS TOSO!!!!
CHicky!
Aaron Buran!!!
DUMAS!!!! Q'd well, have to find out what happened...

Hope to at least be a spectator next year...
Old 11-26-2007, 06:22 AM   #1057
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbspeterson View Post
thoughts......

How about running the B and maybe some c mains in between the A mains, this race was terrible, we were told this was the turn around year, and guess what, nothing! I must say a great job was put on by ANYONE who tried to help make this race better, but I can tell there is a reason this race sucks, it's not the people who help, it's management. this race appered to cost about 1,000 dollars to put on, and the profits were way over that! no one dollar was invested in correcting any of the issues from last year, wait we streched the carpet over THE SAME CRAPY SUBFLOOR! nice work, also not having laptimes were sweet, good thing Rc Live was there so we could look them up online.....wait, can't connect in the hotel to wireless becasue 300 PEOPLE WERE TRING TO USE THE INTERNET! Steller, but hey we saved a coulple trees....and a few bucks....... BUt I did forget that laptimes in pratice was a "gift" from the race management when we did get them.....THANKS, I did forget the last time I watched NASCAR the racers were guessing on how they ran and hopeing for the best. This race hopefully will die next year, with the worlds being so close to the date the factory guys will go away and goodbuy cleveland.... Nice job, thanks for my 3 dollar trophy, and a crappy weekend, oh yea and a 500$ hotel bill....nice.....Do you really think that when you say that someting will be fixed, and you don't do it, no one will notice? TERRY ROT DID A GREAT JOB ON THE LAYOUT BEST EVER! to bad just about everything else sucked....Do you need a slide hammer to get motor out of the corally? Maybe Cuffs would know? Where did the pizza come from, it tasted like carboard with goverment cheese on it.....but hey, another favor for the racers right? it was better the the buffet I had in vegas....yea RIGHT! Also how did we run qualifers thru the 20 minutes of fire alarms? Plus when scoring crashes we don't allways rerun the race, we just "Guess" the laps times and thats it? More NICE WORK! Well another great Cleveland has come and gone, I had fun with my friends, Great job to all the winners, and thanks to the people who tried to help fix this mess. But this race has sucked the last nickle from my wallet, I will not support this race that is only profitable for one man......and not the hobby and the racers like it should.....

Mr. Mike
Ok just to get things straight are you saying you did NOT like the race?
microcrazy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #1058
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
thoughts......

How about running the B and maybe some c mains in between the A mains, this race was terrible, we were told this was the turn around year, and guess what, nothing! I must say a great job was put on by ANYONE who tried to help make this race better, but I can tell there is a reason this race sucks, it's not the people who help, it's management. this race appered to cost about 1,000 dollars to put on, and the profits were way over that! no one dollar was invested in correcting any of the issues from last year, wait we streched the carpet over THE SAME CRAPY SUBFLOOR! nice work, also not having laptimes were sweet, good thing Rc Live was there so we could look them up online.....wait, can't connect in the hotel to wireless becasue 300 PEOPLE WERE TRING TO USE THE INTERNET! Steller, but hey we saved a coulple trees....and a few bucks....... BUt I did forget that laptimes in pratice was a "gift" from the race management when we did get them.....THANKS, I did forget the last time I watched NASCAR the racers were guessing on how they ran and hopeing for the best. This race hopefully will die next year, with the worlds being so close to the date the factory guys will go away and goodbuy cleveland.... Nice job, thanks for my 3 dollar trophy, and a crappy weekend, oh yea and a 500$ hotel bill....nice.....Do you really think that when you say that someting will be fixed, and you don't do it, no one will notice? TERRY ROT DID A GREAT JOB ON THE LAYOUT BEST EVER! to bad just about everything else sucked....Do you need a slide hammer to get motor out of the corally? Maybe Cuffs would know? Where did the pizza come from, it tasted like carboard with goverment cheese on it.....but hey, another favor for the racers right? it was better the the buffet I had in vegas....yea RIGHT! Also how did we run qualifers thru the 20 minutes of fire alarms? Plus when scoring crashes we don't allways rerun the race, we just "Guess" the laps times and thats it? More NICE WORK! Well another great Cleveland has come and gone, I had fun with my friends, Great job to all the winners, and thanks to the people who tried to help fix this mess. But this race has sucked the last nickle from my wallet, I will not support this race that is only profitable for one man......and not the hobby and the racers like it should.....

Mr. Mike
let's clear this up a bit First we did print practice times for the rounds but not for rapid which we said we wouldn't but Ian did call times when the computer was available to do so.

The subfloor was perfectly flat when we started I know I took a level to it..every seem and board The problem started when the hotel decided to turn off the heat in the ballroom at night...which caused screws to snap right out of the wood which I did my best to fix at 4 am several people know this as they were down there with me.Thanks to terry rott,Jody,John warner and Mike for lending me a hand.

The fire alarm don't get me started on this the hotel's alarm system decided to malfuction which we had no control over.Period..We were not happy in the least about it but there was not much to do other then do the best could thanks to those drivers who had to deal with it.

The issue with jeff's car sucks all the way around but no slide hammer was taken to his car the tech guy noticed a motor shim stuck in the motor he was tapping the car on the table which at the time he thought was helping.So again sorry to jeff about that.

as far as the race that died with 49 secs to go the drivers in that heat wanted their pace at that time when it died instead of re-running the race it was put to the drivers on a majority vote I know that only two off the drivers wanted to rerun it.

the pizza was ok by me and others sorry you didn't like it but next year we will put it to the drivers and see what kind you would like better.

The internet worked fine all week for me and others but again not in our control to fix

Given nothing is perfect and not everyone will be happy but I feel it was an improvement all though we had tons of issues with the hotel that just wasn't good which we couldn't do much about,the fire alarm,power spikes that blew up equipment and so forth.as far as the race being profitable for the hobby and the racers we give you the best show we can sorry you didn't have a good time.
www.liverc.com
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:41 AM   #1059
Tech Apprentice

chubbspeterson; I am glad you are not the voice of everyone, now you should remember that yourself. go back to where you came from, when you get there tell Peter Pan, Captain Hook and all the lost boys that you had missed them and the whole never-neverland family.

Mr. Bill and Crew nice work I have noticed changes and although not everything went smooth. I know this is a huge undertaking.. may I just say THANKS FOR A GREAT RACE.....

see ya next year

-Tracey
Traceyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #1060
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:

365 days till the world gets riped off again.

lmfao!!!!!
convikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #1061
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traceyf View Post
chubbspeterson; I am glad you are not the voice of everyone, now you should remember that yourself. go back to where you came from, when you get there tell Peter Pan, Captain Hook and all the lost boys that you had missed them and the whole never-neverland family.

Mr. Bill and Crew nice work I have noticed changes and although not everything went smooth. I know this is a huge undertaking.. may I just say THANKS FOR A GREAT RACE.....

see ya next year

-Tracey

Sounds as though Chubs would of had more fun a Neverland.
convikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:02 AM   #1062
Tech Addict

"let's clear this up a bit First we did print practice times for the rounds but not for rapid which we said we wouldn't but Ian did call times when the computer was available to do so."

-no pratice times first round of pratice on tuesday, also the first on wensday there were times posted for 5 or so heats, in RC scoring Pro pratice, but when it began to print, 5 and 10 sheets after each heat, they stoped printing times, then a break of 10 races or so with no info, and finaly heats were run for the last 15 or so races, 2nd round on wensday, no laptimes were posted.-

"The subfloor was perfectly flat when we started I know I took a level to it..every seem and board The problem started when the hotel decided to turn off the heat in the ballroom at night...which caused screws to snap right out of the wood which I did my best to fix at 4 am several people know this as they were down there with me.Thanks to terry rott,Jody,John warner and Mike for lending me a hand."

-this I will give you, but the sub floor should of been replaced, everyone has heard over the year how these issues were going to be handled....the temps swings in the ballroom were not enough to shrink the subfloor, the carpet would of suffered the same effects, but it did not, basicly all I am seeing is that no money was invested in a new subfloor, also I belive weight of the marshalls running around had more to do with it then anything, the carpet being stretched so tight over the subfloor, and then weight being applied to weak old boards casued them to buckle at joints where the problems occoured, hence the grid 4' X 8' grid pattern on the track-

"The fire alarm don't get me started on this the hotel's alarm system decided to malfuction which we had no control over.Period..We were not happy in the least about it but there was not much to do other then do the best could thanks to those drivers who had to deal with it."

-why was the racing not stoped? People would understand a break in those situations, THE BUILDING MIGHT BE ON FIRE would be anoth issue -

"far as the race that died with 49 secs to go the drivers in that heat wanted their pace at that time when it died instead of re-running the race it was put to the drivers on a majority vote I know that only two off the drivers wanted to rerun it."

-this is not a voting issue, Im sure the guys that wanted to keep there runs, were drivers with clean runs, and I am sure the ones who wanted to rerun the race, had crashes and slow laps....come on, To be a class act in this sport the race is allways rerun, no questions asked. That is the way to do it at a big race.-

"The issue with jeff's car sucks all the way around but no slide hammer was taken to his car the tech guy noticed a motor shim stuck in the motor he was tapping the car on the table which at the time he thought was helping.So again sorry to jeff about that."

-yea, were those the "tech guys sent from orion" to do the motors? ... and also I found it odd that none of the 19turn arms were marked in anyway? No buttercup rustolem to be found.....-

Here's the deal, take it personal or not, but in order to save this hobby and your race things need to change. There are races all over the country now, cleveland is not the only one, people do not want to spend there money on a race that is run like a local club event, The hobby is not supported by the factory teams, or any sponsered driver, it goes on by the guy who spent about 1000$ to race this weekend. If it was not for help in anyway from sponsers I would not be at your event, I just can't afford it. But the money I did put into it was wasted, all I heard all year was how this was going to be the New Cleveland, better tech, scoring, ontime racing, new subfloor, and pro-carpet install, nice, well expect to be another 100 entries short next year, or about another 10,000$ down from the year before....
Old 11-26-2007, 09:05 AM   #1063
Tech Addict

OOOOhhh.
Chubby chub chubs.
Not so smart. You should probably hope that no one knows who you are beacause if you think sending in comments like that on a public forum before you change your diapers is a good idea well..... Say hello to Happy Gilmore for me would ya.

Keyboard courage just bit your right hand clean off.

Dufas.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:13 AM   #1064
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would like to personally THANK all the people and sponsors that continue to support and make this race happen for 28 years now. I believe that this IS the longest running RC race in the world. Holding a race of this caliber is not easy, by any stretch of the imagination. If you think it is, try and have one yourself! Yes there are some issues that creep up during a race event of this caliber, but of all the races that I have been too, many of them also had issues too. There is usually a group of people that are not happy about anything and you can't please all the people all the time. Again THANKS to all the people behind the scenes and to the sponsors that make this event possible.

Now on to sandbagging--- If you racers believe that I am sandbagging, that is your opinion, and everyone has one. If you think that I should run stock, that is your opinion also. I race this class because I am able too. I have a choice of running ANY class that I want to. I choose Masters and I enjoy it! If you think I am sandbagging, then why don't YOU step up to the plate and try your luck to beat me? I race 3 days a week and I am sure that most stock and masters drivers do not. This is why it is possible for me to out qualify them ---sometimes --- I'm not sure what your beef is with racing, but start a new thread and see how many racers or people post to it! Thank you and have a great day
Old 11-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #1065
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to adamliehr

Congrats Eli, Chicky and all the rest of the winners.

Also to Goetz and Cyrul for great runs as well!
adamliehr is offline   Reply With Quote