R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/161612-cleveland-u-s-indoor-champs-2007-a.html)

EAMotorsports 05-09-2007 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by MR.BILL
:D
:D If we do add a practice on wed it will not start untill 10 am, we would like to get away of the late nite practice on thur it hard on everone to practice then try qual on fri morning at 700am :tire:

That would be awesome!! As Dirla said it would give everyone time to sleep both nights!!

EA

vafactor 05-09-2007 07:16 PM

having been to the champs for well over 15 years.....I vote for one round of practice starting in the mid to late afternoon or early evening on Wednesday....much as has been done the last couple of years. that allows folks to travel on wednesday, check into the hotel, setup their pits and to be ready for a run on the layout just to get a feel for what is to come when things get going in ernst the following day. If practice started on wednesday morning, that would cause most to feel the need to arrive on tuesday evening........which would force extra time away from work or school or family.........not to mention the extra expense of an additional night's lodging. I vote against starting the wednesday practice round earlier than mid-afternoon. In my opinion, the way it's been done the last few years is pretty close to ideal.

respectfully,
Perry Caswell

RCSteve93 05-09-2007 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by vafactor
having been to the champs for well over 15 years.....I vote for one round of practice starting in the mid to late afternoon or early evening on Wednesday....much as has been done the last couple of years. that allows folks to travel on wednesday, check into the hotel, setup their pits and to be ready for a run on the layout just to get a feel for what is to come when things get going in ernst the following day. If practice started on wednesday morning, that would cause most to feel the need to arrive on tuesday evening........which would force extra time away from work or school or family.........not to mention the extra expense of an additional night's lodging. I vote against starting the wednesday practice round earlier than mid-afternoon. In my opinion, the way it's been done the last few years is pretty close to ideal.

respectfully,
Perry Caswell

One practice is enough for me. I would just need one practice to get my traction compound, dual rate, gearing and diff set. I would use the first qual to perfect gearing and get a idea of a line and the rest of the race... I should be set for.

Keith Billanti 05-09-2007 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by MR.BILL
:D
:D If we do add a practice on wed it will not start untill 10 am, we would like to get away of the late nite practice on thur it hard on everone to practice then try qual on fri morning at 700am :tire:

im with the guys opposed.. these races are getting hard to come to when they are 5 and 6 day events.

Late night practice is an option, whereas i would see 10 am wed as an obligation. .02.

EAMotorsports 05-09-2007 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
im with the guys opposed.. these races are getting hard to come to when they are 5 and 6 day events.

Late night practice is an option, whereas i would see 10 am wed as an obligation. .02.

How would it be an obligation? The first round is usually junk anyway with no bite. This would just get the track run in well and then you wouldnt have to be up all night Thursday to get on the track when its race ready.

EA

Mike Haynes 05-09-2007 07:43 PM

Keep it late night thurs...there is nothing like a 5am practice to dial in with 2 others on the track.

Keith Billanti 05-09-2007 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
How would it be an obligation? The first round is usually junk anyway with no bite. This would just get the track run in well and then you wouldnt have to be up all night Thursday to get on the track when its race ready.

EA

just how I feel.

Radio time on the layout. thats all.

Tempest2000 05-09-2007 09:21 PM

I'm getting older I guess, but I really like the sleep idea... that 3rd round just sux for me LOL I usually end up breaking something when my vision blurs LOL

bill941 05-09-2007 11:13 PM

We know this will be a mixed reaction guys. we have two problems,late night practices suck period everyone is dead tired the next morning crew and racers the idea behind it get everyone a chance to sleep crew and drivers and have a better friday morning qual with "hopefully" less delay's.....

The flip side of that is it would mean you would have to be there earlier then normal for some people.I know alot people that come in monday I also know alot people that come in late thursday.so basicly it's it comes down to who you are.Personally I take off monday till monday because of track setup and I need a day break before I head back to the grind but I can understand why people don't like the idea or love it.

Remember guys it's a idea we still have to clear things here and there and we have lots of time to hammer it all out we are just giving you the racer a heads up and get a feeling for what you guys think.

Bill941

Tempest2000 05-10-2007 10:58 AM

if the track is green its no advantage other than trimming in your car. you can't learn a track that you can't hook up on so its no great advantage.

Showing up the next day wouldn't put you behind that much if any.

plus the alchy's and illegal product consumers would have more free time to get loosened up before the first qualifiers lol

bill941 05-10-2007 07:26 PM

and another thing also is that the third round of practice is always up to mr.ruggles and crew to run.He usually does it for you guys,BUT he could decide not to it also if I not mistaken.and yes it would give more time to wrench and do whatever everyone does when they are not wrenching.Guys thanks for your ideas on the subject...keep them coming we are always interseted in what you guys think after all we do this for you and we want you all to have a great time here at the indoorchamps!

CypressMidWest 05-11-2007 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
plus the alchy's would have more free time to get loosened up before the first qualifiers lol

Yup.......

CypressMidWest 05-11-2007 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by bill941
and another thing also is that the third round of practice is always up to mr.ruggles and crew to run.He usually does it for you guys,BUT he could decide not to it also if I not mistaken.and yes it would give more time to wrench and do whatever everyone does when they are not wrenching.Guys thanks for your ideas on the subject...keep them coming we are always interseted in what you guys think after all we do this for you and we want you all to have a great time here at the indoorchamps!

As we all know, I'm pretty much a complete glutton for punishment at this particular event. The total exhaustion makes for a fantastic excuse for my less than stellar performances. Personally, I'd like to start the first round of Wednesday practice about 1 PM Then we're done with round one at about 9PM. Then we roll straight into round 2, it's over around 5AM or so. Then we restart everything at 8AM on Thursday. That gives us a round of 8AM to 4PM, then 4PM to Midnight. Everybody could still show up Wednesday, (albeit a bit earlier), get four rounds in, and then ACTUALLY SLEEP Thursday night. If I sleep Thursday night I might actually be able to make the D-main.

Toughbeard 05-11-2007 01:42 PM

well since it is a mixed reaction y dont you have a mixed solution?

Have the wednesday test runs as a option for those who come early and Thursday nite as usual. those who come late will work out at night and the rest, weeeeeeell, prepare the track for the old guys who need sleep :lol:

John Warner 05-11-2007 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
If I sleep Thursday night I might actually be able to make the D-main.

Don't push your luck! LoL!!! ;)