R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #421
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

mr bill I'm sending in a 3rd entry... can I get a discount if I run ALL the classes LOL
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 AM   #422
Tech Addict

49 days till the world comes to cleveland

Remember pizza party and concourse on Sat at 7pm 11-24-07
www.teamcrc.com www.spektrumrc.com
MR.BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:50 AM   #423
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

LOtS of cool stuff happening for this years race mr.bill and I are hard at work on new stuff for you guys the racers stay tuned for some big big news

Somethings that I can tell you
new updates for tech marked arms,magnets and a timing gauge for this year
professional carpet installation
new subfloor possibly

and some great stuff we can't let out of the bag just yet but we have a few great companies on board already we are out to some more places yet.If you are entered or are going to enter this will be completely unexpected mr.bill has truely out done himself this year!

And a note for next year as we couldn't get everything together this year

We will be running brushless stock in 1/12 scale and touring car next year we tried hard to get everything is place this year but it just didn't happen

No worries brushed guys and gals we will be running brushless seperate from brushed handout stock
www.liverc.com

Last edited by bill941; 10-05-2007 at 11:13 AM.
bill941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #424
Tech Master

come on new sub floor possibly? why even post that?

Just make sure that we dont have jumps on the track this year... this is supposed to be the 12th scale race of the year and the last couple it has not even been fun racing on the bumpy surface. more cars broke last year due to the bumps than I've seen at any race in the last 5 years. Kind of hard to avoid the sweeper at the end of the straight unless we do a stop and go.

You have a great race with history it needs to be a race to remember too... not a race that was remembered.

I'm coming again and hoping for the best. I think we've been there since 2001 and haven't missed a race. The 12th competition is always tough. The race is always a blast... its been my favorite race since 2001...

See everyone there.

Michael

Last edited by Tempest2000; 10-05-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:38 AM   #425
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post
come on new sub floor possibly? why even post that?

Just make sure that we dont have jumps on the track this year... this is supposed to be the 12th scale race of the year and the last couple it has not even been fun racing on the bumpy surface. more cars broke last year due to the bumps than I've seen at any race in the last 5 years. Kind of hard to avoid the sweeper at the end of the straight unless we do a stop and go.

You have a great race with history it needs to be a race to remember too... not a race that was remembered.

I'm coming again and hoping for the best. I think we've been there since 2001 and haven't missed a race. The 12th competition is always tough. The race is always a blast... its been my favorite race since 2001...

See everyone there.

Michael
the reason i posted that is because I was out all day getting prices and to let you guys in on what's going on.And the jumps in the track had way more to do with the carpet and how it was installed needless to say we hired a carpet layer for that now we are looking into a new type of subfloor other then paritcle board which we have been using.We know all about the floor we are working hard correcting those issues.I just letting you guys know what's up and what's going on.Better to know what's going on then be left in the dark right?
www.liverc.com

Last edited by bill941; 10-05-2007 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:39 AM   #426
Tech Rookie

Hi Everyone!

I would like to ask any women racers to please come and race with us this year!! We always have a few, but I would like to see even more!! Any guys out there who's wives/girlfriends want you to spend time with them over thanksgiving?? Bring them to cleveland and give them a car to run!! This race is the premier 1/12 scale race and a family sport. Personally, I don't like going to a race to just watch, I want to compete!! I bet there are a lot of women out there who might feel this way also and if they are nervous or not sure, please have them contact me, I always want to get more women in our sport!!

Vicky
Vicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:53 AM   #427
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky View Post
Hi Everyone!

I would like to ask any women racers to please come and race with us this year!! We always have a few, but I would like to see even more!! Any guys out there who's wives/girlfriends want you to spend time with them over thanksgiving?? Bring them to cleveland and give them a car to run!! This race is the premier 1/12 scale race and a family sport. Personally, I don't like going to a race to just watch, I want to compete!! I bet there are a lot of women out there who might feel this way also and if they are nervous or not sure, please have them contact me, I always want to get more women in our sport!!

Vicky
ya VICKY

i will have my girl,with me . she 10 and getting better in 12 scale
Old 10-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #428
Suspended

H-Rob will be there in a skirt. Does that count?
Attached Thumbnails
CLEVELAND U.S. INDOOR CHAMPS 2007-hrob2.jpg  
McSmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #429
Tech Master

that's cool... I can't say what was or wasn't causing the bumps... I never took the time to inspect I was too busy wrenching on my slow cars LOL

I'm not hating on you or your dad at all... Its still my favorite race of the year.

I know we all appreciate the efforts to get the track smooth again.

Quick question though as a fellow big boy member are the steps on the driver stand gonna be big boy approved this year? LOL

Hey Vicky... I beat you in mod and you got me in stock at vegas...
we got any side bets for cleveland? LOL Always good racing with you, just not getting beat by you

Later

Michael Skeen
Old 10-05-2007, 12:43 PM   #430
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Vicky,

I won't be there this year but I'm already working with my youngest (she's 3) on her driving skills. She wants her own car already and of course it has to be pink. So safe to say the future of R/C will have some fast women in it!!

I'm going to miss everyone this year but I promised the wife I'd stay home and have Thanksgiving in the new house. I'll be back next year, don't worry.

Rick
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:50 PM   #431
Tech Master

socko.. sorry to hear that man on the no show... I was looking forward to hearing the announcer call out the "Sea Foam Green" car down the backstretch or the "bathroom" car

congrats on the new house though

later

Michael
Old 10-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #432
Tech Addict

he last meeting we had with holiday they plan on getting new steps this year and we made them aware that if they are not good enough they will be running to the home depot or whatever to get to steps
www.liverc.com

Last edited by bill941; 10-05-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:07 PM   #433
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

No double rooms left yet there are only about 50 people signed up. what a bummer.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 02:35 PM   #434
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
No double rooms left yet there are only about 50 people signed up. what a bummer.
we have around 100 and some entries or so that we have enter in the computer more come everyday at this point. The hotel always sells out before we see all the entries.We have alot more rooms reserved then we did last year at this time.entries always seem to take longer but hotel always goes fast!
www.liverc.com
Old 10-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #435
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post
that's cool... I can't say what was or wasn't causing the bumps... I never took the time to inspect I was too busy wrenching on my slow cars LOL

I'm not hating on you or your dad at all... Its still my favorite race of the year.

I know we all appreciate the efforts to get the track smooth again.

Michael Skeen
I know the feeling about slow cars mine was wicked slow last year.A smooth track is our number one goal this year.But we also have some cool stuff for all the racers coming this year stayed tuned!!!

Also if your in the cleveland area make sure you to get to the "GATE" and get some racing in before the champs
the halloween classic is always a great way to warm up for the champs!!!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=181952
www.liverc.com

Last edited by bill941; 10-05-2007 at 02:53 PM.