R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-04-2007, 02:38 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From the photos I took of Jilles' car I can only see a GM prototype speedo with a Trinity sensorless motor. Also all GM escs were run without the sensor wire, regardless of the motor the driver's used.

Maybe Jilles changed to an LRP esc and different motor at some point. I do not know..

More pics of many cars at the LRP TCM can be found here:

http://jdracing.blogs.se/
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to rc-car-net Send a message via MSN to rc-car-net

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis
From the photos I took of Jilles' car I can only see a GM prototype speedo with a Trinity sensorless motor. Also all GM escs were run without the sensor wire, regardless of the motor the driver's used.....
hi john,

please notice that this gm brushless is only one of many bls which are in testing phase. the gm 95 has been out of stock for a long time but now they will come back with a software upgrade (that's great!!). gm is also testing some new systems to get more performance...one you are able to see in jilles' car!
[SIZE="1"][URL="http://www.Rc-Car-Net.at"][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Rc-Car-Net[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=-[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.RC-FORUM.at][COLOR=RoyalBlue]RC-Forum.at[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.racing-cars.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Schumacher USA[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.fantomracing.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Fantom Racing[/COLOR][/URL]

:tire::sneaky:[/size][size="2"] ................................. :sneaky::tire:
:sneaky::tire:[URL=http://www.summerchamps.de][COLOR="DarkOrange"]GERMANY Summer Champs[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]:tire::sneaky:
:tire::sneaky: ................................. :sneaky::tire:
rc-car-net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to turd ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doucakis
From the photos I took of Jilles' car I can only see a GM prototype speedo with a Trinity sensorless motor. Also all GM escs were run without the sensor wire, regardless of the motor the driver's used.

Maybe Jilles changed to an LRP esc and different motor at some point. I do not know..
He did swap. I don't remember if it was Friday or Saturday.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Jilles changed speedo (from the pictured GM Proto to production LRP TC-Spec) on Saturday evening before the 3rd qualifying round. Obviously he must have changed from a sensorless Trinity motor to a sensored Trinity motor at the same time... I know it was sensored because I adjusted the motor timing for him and I obviously know pretty well that our speedo definitely would not run a sensorless motor.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Reto,

When will LRP be sending TC Spec Speedo's and Pulsar 3's to the US?

Thanks
EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Are sensorless brushless systems legal.... sorry I am way out of the electric circle but I have been running a Quark 80b- plettenbrg shadow combo w 8000mAh lipo for fun for a while. I stopped to concentrate on GP touring but I'm going the Xray T2 route to run the system again for fun. Just wondering if I would be legal if I get a chance to run in the states sometime.

thanks,
havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito
Jilles changed speedo (from the pictured GM Proto to production LRP TC-Spec) ......a sensorless motor.
Hi Reto!

Thanks for clarifying that. I did not follow all through the weekend what equipment Jilles used so the pics I have may be misleading.
It did look good on the track.

It was impressive to see so many drivers using LRP speedos without any problems. Good job!
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #23
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Trinity has a sensored motor? Is it offered to the public? Maybe it was just a SpeedPassion with a Trinity sticker on it?

burito - That's for clearing that up about creating your own motors. LRP and Novak continue to lead the way.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Havy,
What part of Puerto Rico are you from . I have a buddy from Aguadilla and thought of bringing my race stuff with me some time to visit. How's the racing scene?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:26 PM   #25
Tech Regular

I live in San Juan. The electric seen isn't happening, just GP touring and 1/8 onroad. Off-road still sees some electric, but little. I'm more of an oroader. If you have GP tourer, there is a big race comming up at our best track in July. Let me know when you come down, I'll let you know what the race schedule is like.

havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote