R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-07-2007, 10:13 PM   #121
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Numan
No joke...we ran TRF shocks for 2 years on the Mi2. We know where we were and we know where we are now.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 10:36 PM   #122
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
No joke...we ran TRF shocks for 2 years on the Mi2. We know where we were and we know where we are now.
You tell 'em Adrian

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:31 AM   #123
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to rc-car-net Send a message via MSN to rc-car-net

hi adrian,

so can you give me (/us) a kind of roadmap what you want to do in this thread?
just post what you want to do next and next and next and next
[SIZE="1"][URL="http://www.Rc-Car-Net.at"][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Rc-Car-Net[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=-[/COLOR] [URL=http://www.RC-FORUM.at][COLOR=RoyalBlue]RC-Forum.at[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.racing-cars.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Schumacher USA[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR=Cyan]-=- [/COLOR] [URL=http://www.fantomracing.com][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Fantom Racing[/COLOR][/URL]

:tire::sneaky:[/size][size="2"] ................................. :sneaky::tire:
:sneaky::tire:[URL=http://www.summerchamps.de][COLOR="DarkOrange"]GERMANY Summer Champs[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]:tire::sneaky:
:tire::sneaky: ................................. :sneaky::tire:
rc-car-net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #124
Tech Champion

The Mi3 goes together really fast. I have some pics to post tomorrow but as far as tips I have covered them all. The rest of the assembly steps are straight forward.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:14 AM   #125
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
How can you say that this is poor? In all the years I've been building RC Cars, I've NEVER seen these kind of detailed instructions in ANY manual. Adrian is going the extra mile and posting things that you learn with years of experience. Not from ANY manual I've ever seen. And I've built cars from a number of different manufacturers. I love it how a representative from a company goes out of their way to make sure as many people have the information to build the car properly the first time and someone finds something to complain about.
This is what i meant, it's poor that this kind of great info is NOT in the manual. I wasn't having a go at Adrian, but more in general that these kinds of things aren't in the manuals when you buy a new kit.
If these things should be done in order to "build the car properly" then why is it not in the manual ?

Don't take my comments as me saying anything against what Adrian is doing here, that's not my intention.
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 AM   #126
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
Don't let that guy bother you...

Everyone else here knows that this is info that isn't included in any manual. Everyone else here knows this is the type of information that you learn from experience. Everyone else here knows that these are tips and not instructions.

And ANYONE who read Adrians first post knows that he is sharing things that team drivers are doing to their cars, NOT trying to write a new manual.

Don't bother trying to explain it to the guy. The fact that this is THE only thread like this for any manufacturer on the boards says all that needs to be said.

He's at 22 post, maybe by post 23 he'll have gotten a clue.

If thats the kind of stuff people are going to be posting here, then I'd rather that Adrian be the only one posting here. For everyone else here other than that guy, this thread is like a gold mine.
another one who's misunderstood what I meant...
I wasn't saying this thread is poor... I was saying the level of detail in the manual is poor (and not for this car, just in general)
If you go have a look around the internet on various forums, there's tips on how to build the car "properly" for most cars. If it's something that NEEDS to be done when building the car, then it's poor that it's NOT in the manual

I appreciate what Adrian is doing here, don't misunderstand that in the slightest.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:22 AM   #127
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan415ms
Adrian,

This is a great thread and I respect the effort you are putting into it. Don't listen to the guy with his negative post on page 1 (can't even be bothered to go back and check his name, not worth it).....unfortunately these people exist in our hobby, thankfully they are not the majority. I have been arranging events for people to enjoy for a few years now and although it is different from what you are doing, we are both putting in effort to help others - I just don't understand the mentality of these guys who seem to get kicks from being difficult and don't realise that all they achieve is to make themselves look foolish to the people with common sense who enjoy racing.

Keep up the good work

Dan

p.s. Just my personal opinion, let's continue with the build tips now
Dan, the first thing i said was that I didn't want to come across as sounding negative. It was never meant as a slight on Adrian or his efforts, more a general observation from someone on the outside.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:15 AM   #128
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
The lay shaft assembly is next. there are a few critical things to look out for.

1. Do not over tighten the screws that hold the spur gear on. Just get them snug. If you crank them down they will deform the spur gear and it will look like a potato ship...not good.

2. I use a counter sunk washer and screw to secure the end of the lay shaft. The stock button head and washer will work perfectly but my way looks cooler.

3. The layshaft assembly has a little side to side play. I used one 0.1mm shim out of a Take Off 5mm shim kit (TT302) to tighten it up a little. I still have play but it is a bit less. Note that you must have some play. If you shim out all the play its less efficient and if you pick up carpet fuzz or some dirt it can cause binding.
I still wonder that new MI3 layshaft assembly. How it hold up only 1 scruw
Old 05-09-2007, 05:32 AM   #129
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono
another one who's misunderstood what I meant...
I wasn't saying this thread is poor... I was saying the level of detail in the manual is poor (and not for this car, just in general)
If you go have a look around the internet on various forums, there's tips on how to build the car "properly" for most cars. If it's something that NEEDS to be done when building the car, then it's poor that it's NOT in the manual

I appreciate what Adrian is doing here, don't misunderstand that in the slightest.
Its all good Chris. I knew what you meant to say. Nothing here needs to be done but for serious racers these tips can make a faster car.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #130
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisaaja
We have been testing and now racing this system for over a year. It has proven to actually be more reliable than our older traditional systems

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #131
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Once you build it, you'll see how well it's designed and see why it works.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #132
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:

I can't believe this is still being brought up. This was like the second question asked back when the pics of the car were first posted. And the answer to this has been the same every time.

PW is running, I think, 4.5 brushless motors through the thing. Regular racers over in the UK are now running *and bashing*, the car as we speak. If the shaft was going to give out, it would have happened by now.

Looking at reports from team drivers all over, and regular racers over in the UK, the car certainly isn't issue free, the layshaft just isn't one of the issues.

I think I said this to someone a long time ago about this same topic, "if your not convinced about the layshaft by now, theres nothing they're going to say thats going to convice you otherwise".
Old 05-09-2007, 09:36 AM   #133
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Take a look at swing-arm technology with motorcycles.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:40 AM   #134
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

from what I understand, the only thing you realy need to remember is to thread lock the screw, and replace regularly. Maybe the same as the ones that hold the belt cams on the diff bearings, in.
DA_cookie_monst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #135
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
I can't believe this is still being brought up. This was like the second question asked back when the pics of the car were first posted. And the answer to this has been the same every time.

PW is running, I think, 4.5 brushless motors through the thing. Regular racers over in the UK are now running *and bashing*, the car as we speak. If the shaft was going to give out, it would have happened by now.

Looking at reports from team drivers all over, and regular racers over in the UK, the car certainly isn't issue free, the layshaft just isn't one of the issues.

I think I said this to someone a long time ago about this same topic, "if your not convinced about the layshaft by now, theres nothing they're going to say thats going to convice you otherwise".
woooo-sa.... woooo-sa... your car will arrive soon.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote