R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #31
AWK
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It is starting to seem that way. If it does this again this weekend...I will throw it away and try a new motor. My last two outings to Tamiya have been short lived. I should have used the time to wash my car with Fred
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minijosh Send a message via Yahoo to minijosh

I hope you get this sorted. I run a M8 on 75FM and with a GTX esc with a C027 motor. I've never had a glitching problem and I've installed the 3racing carbon fiber chassis. From what I'm told it should increase the glitching probability but hasn't. If you don't want the motor, send it to me. I'll get it skimmed and rebrushed for my ta05.

Joshua T
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:07 PM   #33
AWK
Tech Fanatic

If I send it to you, the thing has just been rebuilt and hasn't had a full lap on it at any sort of speed due to the glitching. I just don't know what to do if this doesn't fix it.

I am going to pick up a new radio system this weekend and head to the track. I will try it first with the current radio and extra capacitor. If that's a no go, then I will put in the new radio. If that fixes it, great, if not...then I am throwing the motor in the trash and getting a new one!!!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 02:34 AM   #34
Tech Elite

The "internal" capacitors on a lot of recent motors don't seem to be up to much, I often fit an extra set of 3x conventional capacitors, I had plenty of glitching issues with the Monster motors until fitting external caps.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:21 AM   #35
Tech Elite

If you look in the TA05 thread there has been un update from Tamiya that seems to be about static electricity building up in the TA05-R and causing radio problems - I wonder whether that has some connection with your car too?

Tamiya seem to be suggesting that the cure is to fix the optional carbon moulded tub, do you run that one or the standard plastic chassis?
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #36
Tech Adept

Try with futaba 3pk(any band or model), newer had any problem with my radio. Great radio is base for this hobbies.
tomislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 11:36 AM   #37
Tech Initiate

Send a message via Yahoo to melk

hi all..
i used to have that severe glitching problem with my ta05-r. it happens especially when i rev up the throttle. i soon discovered that the problem was due to a missing part at my motor (tamiya stock tz 23t). the part looks like a metal plate that screwed onto the motor end. it is an ''earth'' capacitor that actually reduce the noise of the motor..motor noise causes interference to the receiver..the plate is almost impossible to go missing..but on rare occasion it happened..so try fixing other motor (the same brand and model) so that u can actually identify if that causes your glitch.

on the other note..also check this out..
http://www.tamiya.com/english/info/070522.htm

regards
ally
melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:13 PM   #38
AWK
Tech Fanatic

SOrry for not updating this thread. I switched to the new Futaba Fasst system and there is no more glitching so I am thrilled!