Battery Specs

• I have a few old GP3300 packs and I'm unsure if their specs are any good. What peak voltage/discharge mAh, etc etc should I expect for a decent pack?

Thanks
  • A cell that is still in good condition will peak up to 10% higher than 3300 (3630), anything upbove 3300 is good for that cell, even if you can get 3200 out of them they will be fine for practice What kinda charger and discharger are you using?
  • I am using a Reedy Quasar Pro and an Integy discharge board for equalization.

Thanks for the tips.
  • If that board doesnt discharge at 30amps you may want to look into getting a Integy Reactor 30
  • Quote: If that board doesnt discharge at 30amps you may want to look into getting a Integy Reactor 30
    Why?
  • Most batteries naturally discharge at 30-35amps, and by using a discharger that discharges at 30amps it recreates racing conditions and keeps the batts in much better condition
  • Quote: Most batteries naturally discharge at 30-35amps, and by using a discharger that discharges at 30amps it recreates racing conditions and keeps the batts in much better condition
    Thanks for the tip. What's the best way to find if the pack's voltage is still acceptable for racing?
  • Funny you should ask, I am doing that right now. You will want to cycle your batts a few times, meaning discharge, charge, and reapeat a few times (be sure to let the batts rest a couple hours before charging. One you have done this a couple times you should see a change (probably not much) in the peak voltage, that # will tell you if they are race ready