R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   why are formular , indy type RC more $ than buggues (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/160767-why-formular-indy-type-rc-more-%24-than-buggues.html)

joe45 04-26-2007 04:56 PM

why are formular , indy type RC more $ than buggues

how come forumula one, indy type of rc cars are always more $$$ than the buggies (car types). an example look at this deal . how do u think its worth and why so $$ for a used RC
http://cgi.ebay.com/TAMIYA-1-10-SCAL...QQcmdZViewItem

edseb 04-26-2007 05:10 PM

They aren't. Buggy are almost always more expensive. The Ebay listing is a package deal that includes more than just the car itself. It includes electronics, motor, upgrades, etc. A new version of that car stripped should be about $100. That's what brought the price up. A buggy as a rolling chassis without electronics new is more than a Tamiya F103 new.

tallyrc 04-26-2007 05:18 PM

that, and the indy version of that car is pretty rare.. you cn get the "GT" version of that car for $109 new..

burbs 04-26-2007 06:03 PM

In some cases they are.. But if you look how many buggies are sold per year, compared to indy type cars, the lesser amount of sales has to be priced higher to compensate for the cost involved.

Joel Lagace 04-26-2007 06:11 PM

Try a hobby shop. There is hardly ever good deals on ebay.

F103GT is 109 a buggy is 199-249

pole_position 04-26-2007 06:24 PM

It is increasingly rare to find remaining F1 bodies for either F103, Corally or even Cross chassis these days especially with the enormous F1 licensing fees etc...

It is definitely going to cost more for them... :spidey:

wallyedmonds 04-26-2007 07:43 PM

its a collecting thing like :batman: or :spidey: comics

i think.

andsetinn 04-27-2007 02:09 AM

Licensing fees. Same reason why Ferrari bodies are so rare.

Patriiick 04-27-2007 03:16 AM

In this particular case, it is a vintage body and chassis, in reall excellent condition, quite rare, and with full electronics... not such a bad deal if you like vintage cars..

It s a reynart japanese F3000 car i believe

RCSteve93 04-27-2007 04:58 AM

Formula 1 or Indy or Champ carsare NOT slammed buggys.

pole_position 04-27-2007 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by andsetinn
Licensing fees. Same reason why Ferrari bodies are so rare.

Ferrari bodies are considered not too rare compare to some others... latest F1 series from Tamiya F201 chasis we can only see F2004 & Williams FW24 unlike during the much earlier F103 F1 series...

I guess we will not be seeing any future F1 series coming out from Tamiya anymore ... :spidey:

tallyrc 04-27-2007 10:55 AM

why doesn't anybody make a "generic" F1 body.. most share many general attributes and with a good paint scheme would serve well, and eliminate any licensing fees? maybe i just discovered a ripe market.. lol

MrBlack 04-27-2007 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by tallyrc
why doesn't anybody make a "generic" F1 body.. most share many general attributes and with a good paint scheme would serve well, and eliminate any licensing fees? maybe i just discovered a ripe market.. lol

Every time it has been attempted it has not been successful. People who are into scale looking cars want the actual licensed bodies and the realism they bring. I been told by one manufacturer that they have never lost money on any of the licensed bodies they produced however much the cost however it is a very big headache dealing with the licenses and many decide regardless of profit it is just not worth it.

People want race bodies and race bodies have sponsorships and each of those sponsorships has a say and a stake in the licencing of said car. You want to do a 2004 spec Ferarri F-1 then be prepared to pay Ferrari, Micheal Shumacher, Rubens Barechello (helmet decals needed) Shell, Vodafone, Megnetti Marrelli, Fiat, Philipp Morris (Marlboro, tic tac) etc.