R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   My homeroom teacher is letting me bring in my R/C cars! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/160652-my-homeroom-teacher-letting-me-bring-my-r-c-cars.html)

RCSteve93 04-25-2007 06:51 PM

My homeroom teacher is letting me bring in my R/C cars!

Everyone at my school know I race R/C. My homeroom teacher lets us use the computers in the morning before class starts. I got to the computers and I decided to go onto Youtube.com. Well it was blocked. Instead I tried Youtube.com/skeltech. Success! I got onto youtube. Well skeltech is my dad's youtube account, and it happens that he has a some R/C videos on there. Some of the other kids saw the videos and told me to play them, so I did. Before I know it there are about 30 kids crowded around me and the computer watching me drive, and win. They were all going crazy! So of course it draws my teachers attention. He is cool and all, so he goes, "how fast are those?" I say about 25mph, but I have a faster one. He says, "Can you bring it in?" I go, "maybe, but I might get in trouble". (The diff was cracked up). He goes, "you won't since I said that you could". So since I was absent yesterday, I didn't bring them. Today my car was still broken, but I just fixed it. I'm bringing my RC18T into school! It has an E-Flite 800mah Lipo, and a Trinity mod motor. It is going to be ballistic! See yall in detention tommorow. It is going to be fun. :spidey:

Ajlal24 04-25-2007 09:30 PM

more$thanbrains 04-25-2007 10:46 PM

i took my tmaxx 3.3 to school :lol:

was fun

skatepark right beside school :sneaky:

ripped it into the school thru the handicap door

suspended

3 days

joe of loath 04-26-2007 09:24 AM

im gonna race my rc10gt (if i get one :mad: ) round the tennis courts... then jump it down the steps into the science block... then burn rubber in the drama hall then all the way from one side of the school to the other lol...

wishful thinking :D

TL_XXX-S_racer 04-26-2007 01:04 PM

Very cool. Ya one of my teachers asked about my racing and wanted me to bring mine in. So i brought my RDX to school. lol :) It was pretty awsome, and of course the #1 question everyone asked, "how fast does it go?"
Im probably going to start an rc club at my school, and see how many people are into the hobby. should be interesting.

TY@TEAMTEKIN 04-26-2007 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
Very cool. Ya one of my teachers asked about my racing and wanted me to bring mine in. So i brought my RDX to school. lol :) It was pretty awsome, and of course the #1 question everyone asked, "how fast does it go?"
Im probably going to start an rc club at my school, and see how many people are into the hobby. should be interesting.

I hate that question. Right up there with, "can I drive it? can I drive it??"

Oh yeah, have your parents give me $250 for the radio you hold, and another $1k or so for the ride while you cras- I mean drive it. :D

RCSteve93 04-26-2007 01:20 PM

It was awsome today. We went into the Gym and I was the only person that drove my car today that could do a complete drift around the gym. If I charge up the LiPo tonight, I can bring it in again tommorow.

tomcat01 04-26-2007 01:34 PM

yea. last year i help start an RC club in middle school (now iam in high school) any way i wond up taking my revo in and alot of kids thought it be funny to play chicken with it.....gess who won.....lol the problem with the clubs are that most kids cant aford to go out and buy a nice car.

BadSign 04-26-2007 01:40 PM

Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun. I'm a middle school teacher and have taken a variety of different cars in for demonstrations. I've only managed to convert one kid to racing, though.

TL_XXX-S_racer 04-26-2007 01:51 PM

[QUOTE]I hate that question. Right up there with, "can I drive it? can I drive it??"Oh yeah, have your parents give me $250 for the radio you hold, and another $1k or so for the ride while you cras- I mean drive it. :DQUOTE]

Ya, I know right. :P Cause alot of kids dont know how much money actually goes into these cars. I was hesitant just to bring my car at first. lol.
I'm really making the club, so if anyone has a car, which most likely would be a gas powered truck or buggy, everyone could get together and talk to others that are into the hobby. Doesnt have to be just on-road electric, cause then no
one would be interested. Ya, Im pretty excited about doing it.

Francis M. 04-26-2007 01:59 PM

We used to have a big group that raced at an empty dirt lot pretty close to our school. So we all brought our cars to school on a set date and race after school. It was so easy especially since We had Hobby Masters right across the street from school at that time. :) Mid to late eighties.

seth556 04-26-2007 07:01 PM

I've found it best to answer the stupid questions with stupid answers. Like this conversation.

Kid: How fast does it go.
Me: Ohh, bout mach 5.
Kid: Thats really fast.
Me: Sure is.
Kid: Can I drive it.
Me: Maybe tomorrow.
Kid: It's not that fast, I bet I could beat it in a race.
Me: Yea, you probably could. (thinking, maybe I should go more than 1/8 throttle)
Kid: How much did it cost.
Me: More than whats in your wallet.
Kid: Can I drive it now.
Me: I said maybe tomorrow.
Kid: Does it have NOS.
Me: Yeaaa, sure does.
Kid: THATS SO SWEET.
Me: Uh-huh

ErikRC10 04-26-2007 07:35 PM

Yeah I think I'm the only person at my high school that has a hobby grade r/c car. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure I am considering that when ever met somebody new and they ask me what kind of things I do and one of the things I say is race r/c cars they kind of laugh at me and they think of toy r/c cars from wall mart. My local club is starting back up again and it's starting to die off a little bit and I'm thinking about putting up some flyers around the school to see if there is anybody that races r/c cars here...

Haha, I just realized something. Is it just me or do we all sound like cocky high schoolers?

joey 04-26-2007 07:45 PM

during my senior Yr when i got into RC i brought in my rc18 a few times ran it down the hallways with my mamba and lipo in it..