R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll................................
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................
Old 04-27-2007, 01:23 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Mike
and im not sure wat torque steer is as im 14,
Just curious, why does being 14 prevent you from knowing what torque steer is?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #33
Tech Regular

probably from being video game obsessed and not reading XXX main chassis guide enough!
Little_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jake S Send a message via MSN to Jake S

ok i just switched from a tc3 to an fk05, not going to lie, but belt drive is alot easier to go fast, the car wasn't even setup correctly (it was close), i stopped part way to adjust my dual rate, and i still made my fastest 5 minute run....

this speaks volumes to me just how good the xray stuff is, and im not even running a t2 '007 hah.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:23 AM   #35
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to surrealmaterial

well ive come from belt to shaft (xray T1 to Tamiya evo 5) and i personally prefer shaft....But as a few other people said before, it all balls down to what people prefer.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:53 AM   #36
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i think the only way to make a proper comparison is to take 2 brand new cars to compare them. like a Kyosho SD and a Kyosho BD. or the yokomo BD and a yokomo SD.

comparing a old car to a new one and a different branded car is pointless.
GymBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:00 AM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The main reason for shaft feel harder to setup, is bcz shaft chassis usually less flex than belt chassis, ex: Pro4/TC4. The easiest way to increase setup-margin for shaft chassis is make chassis flex more, like remove some screw from top deck. It helps mech grip a lot.

Torque steering... is different problem, and probably no fix unless you mount motor 90deg accross chassis line, like RU prototype did.
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:03 AM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Torque steer can be conquered easily by adjusting one of your rear shocks to offset the toruqe. In addition, lessening your droop and minimizing initial throttle on your ESC will nullify noticeable torque steer. But, people are a little too lazy to do this.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #39
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Torque steer can be conquered easily by adjusting one of your rear shocks to offset the toruqe. In addition, lessening your droop and minimizing initial throttle on your ESC will nullify noticeable torque steer. But, people are a little too lazy to do this.
Why?

Its just another Band-aid fix for a car that has no business in R/C anymore..

The only reason why the shafts are still being built is Market share, the companies are still REACHING for that allmighty dollar..

Complain away...
CAlbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:15 AM   #40
Tech Master

I wont compain, I run a cyclone.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #41
Suspended

Quote:
I wont compain, I run a cyclone.
Word Homie...Corally Phi is on its way....
Old 05-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #42
Tech Master

Phi...now thats whats up! How are those Corally's on asphalt? Are they strictly carpet dwellers?

Old 05-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #43
Suspended

Quote:
Phi...now thats whats up! How are those Corally's on asphalt? Are they strictly carpet dwellers?

I have been running for CorallyUSA for three years and put this car on the podium twice at the Reedy Race and over the last three years at the race we have put 5 cars in the 19 turn main every year..

This year I perdict 6 cars in the main with the Phi winning the hole thing..
The car will get the results on any surface, its all driver..
Old 05-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #44
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll................................
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................
This is all I got to say.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #45
Tech Addict

Run both shaft and belt drive cars, they both have there up's and downs...