R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-28-2007, 09:14 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16skyline
So my gearing is all wrong, I run my stock at 6.23 and my komondo at 7.13.

If the komondo is to run at 6.25 what should a team brood pro stock be ran at?
on rubber, on medium large outdoor track i run my teambrood co27 at 6.6-6.7
habis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #47
Tech Adept

How can you run a komondo around the same gearing as a C027?
16skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We normally run a KD19T the same rollout or one tooth over a co27.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

KD with 767 brushes bought from EA Motorsports is what I run, and it works fantastic.
Top notch stuff.

Sponsors: Gizmo Racing USA | Reflex Racing | PROTOform | AVID Racing Concepts | Marka Racing | YBS RC | 2mm Designs
atxgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

The KD19 seems to still be the choice to run by most in all types of racing

http://www.axiommotors.com/electric-...s-c-21_26.html
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:56 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the info guys. talking to brood motors and other motor companies, they seem to agree with most of you as far as the Komodo with either the 4499 or XXX and purple/purple or purple/red springs is the best combo that you can probably get. I know that there are some people out there that has their own opinions and anything that will make me faster is great information.

keep the info coming because it will always help me and a lot of others when it comes to this thread.

"Drive Hard or Go Home"
Elboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elboogie
16 skyline

You are geared a little high. I found out a wealth of info last week on the forums. the first thing that you need to do is find out what the final gear ratio for your car is. that can be done by contacting the mfr. of the car or it may even be in the instruction book for the car.

I run a world edition cyclone and when I called HPI, the car is the same gear ratio as the pro4 was (2.4375). My problem was that my firends were flying on the track and I would use the same spur and pinion but could never match their speed. That is because of rollout ration. someone gave me the web link for a rollout ratio calculator and it is awesome. if you go online and search for rollout ratio you will see a link to gearwizrd. Once i found out my final drive ratio for my car I inputted the diamater of the foams I run (58 to 56mm() then I put in the spur the car came with (100 tooth) and then i inputted the pinion until i got the same gear ratio as my friend.

i.e. he runs a Yokomo Masamis edition and his final gear ratio is a 2.0 he uses a 100 tooth spur gear and a 32 tooth pinion to give him a 6.25 gear ratio.

my car has a final gear ratio of 2.4375. in order to run 6.25 i have to use a 100 tooth spur but a 39 tooth pinion and now he is trying to keep up with me. so find out your final gear ration and then you can mess with the spur and pinion to get inbewtween a 6.2 and 6.3 gear ratio.

RoadRage

when you use the stock springs, you will produce more amps becsue of the spring combo. We have a small technical track so overall straightaway speed isn't something that I worry too much about. when you use purple/ pruple springs, you are asking the motor to give you a lot of punch and a lot of rpm's but you have to cut the comm more often.

I actuyally sent a email to team brood and web briscoe answered and said that when he sends out a blueprinted Komodo, he sends it out with purple/red springs and I tried that as well as the purple and red springs gave me the best combination. and that is with regular 4499 trinity brushes. I am going to the XXX trinity brushes because they last longer. Hope this helps out guys. I am not a wiz when it comes to motors at all, I just try the suggestions that I get from companies. If anyone else has good suggestions then please list them as well. No such thing as knowing too much in this great hobby of ours.
I see through your wording that you are on the right track, but be careful how you word it. Your final gear ratio is your spur/pinion*internal gear ratio. You were swapping the name for final and internal. Most car's internal gear ratio is around 2.0 +/- a few tenths, your final is different. Just clarifying so that you do get confused with terminology.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #53
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to mainracer

As Corey Stated, we ran the Peak motor at the Canadian Challenge last month held at fastcats and I was very impressed about the new motor. I practiced with Both Komodo a Peak 07 dynasty and I tought the Dynasty had more overall power. It would stay just as strong the whole run and yould never slow down. I tried both F brushes and the Q brush and I had better result with the Q brush because I could run them easily 2 run with absolutely no lost of power and I could run them 5 time in practice. The F brush were about the same speed but I had the change them every run. I geared 29.8 on a pretty big carpet track but I would say 30.5 would not be a problem on a big open track. Overall impression : That new peak 07 dynasty Rocks

AE / Reedy / LRP

KOpropo / Much-More / Parma PSE / Protoform / APS ceramic Bearing / BawdyShop / Fastcats / Dekelz
mainracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to dgullickson Send a message via Yahoo to dgullickson

New Peak Dynasty shows great Dyno Results, and on top of that I have had Customers e-mail us saying how impressed they were with it.
dgullickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #55
Tech Champion

A lot of us Florida drivers have been runing Peak/Orion 19's for the last 3 years with great sucess.

Outdoors with Trinity XXX silver brushes and Orion Black heavy springs thay are just animals in a sedan.

We can't run Komodo's in sedan outdoors during the summer time. With the gear you need to run to go fast you can destroy the magnets in one run. Then thay are useless unless you have a friend with a magnet zapper.

The Peak/Orion, Check Point, Reedy, Atlas 19's use mod grade magnets that are not affected by the heat.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:51 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Adrian,
What are your thoughts on the brushless 19t equivalents when compared to the brushed motors?
Old 05-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

i switched from a checkpoint 19t to a novak 10.5 pro this past weekend. down the straight it's pretty much dead even with a fast brushed motor. in the infield the torque is amazing. it's definitely different than brushed; more off power roll, much stronger brakes, and all that torque!
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #58
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Adrian,
What are your thoughts on the brushless 19t equivalents when compared to the brushed motors?
Russ is exactly correct. The 10.5 has the same top end as a 19T but more bottom end. You have to gear them highter than a normal 19T but its no big deal.

As soon as its legal to run 10.5's on my area that's all I will be running.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:13 AM   #59
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Russ is exactly correct. The 10.5 has the same top end as a 19T but more bottom end. You have to gear them highter than a normal 19T but its no big deal.

As soon as its legal to run 10.5's on my area that's all I will be running.
That's about the same we have been experiencing here in Socal. Many weekend races and some club races at Socal Raceway we've been running them side by side. Basically the organizers and racers have been trying to self regulate themselves until the results come in. Top end has been close with bottom end a heavy advantage with the BL. Gear the BL motor to take advantage of this and it's not close. Most guys have been gearing the BL between 4.8-5.4 and it still pulls out of the corners harder than any brushed motor.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #60
Tech Master

Looks like I am gonna have to give the new Dynasty a try, like I said earlier one guy up here at SIR tried it but he hasnt gotten the full potential out of it yet, plus he was burrning up brushes every run. Should I gear the Dynasty the same as a KD? I was thinking a little lower probably
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote